Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Plugin Testers Needed!

Post New Thread Reply   

XARIUS
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-11-2009 , 14:10   Plugin Testers Needed!
Reply With Quote #1

Hello all!

I've been working on a new plugin over the last few weeks, as time permitted. I think it's ready to get some solid playtime testing.

Disclaimer: This plugin may not be for you! I named it Bling My Server. Yes, I actually named it Bling. When you're done laughing, read on. For now, it's for CS:S only, sorry.

What does it do:
  • Welcome Sound
  • Headshot Only
  • Headshot Sounds (emitted from attacker or victim)
  • Headshot Blood/Gore
  • Knifekill Sounds (emitted from attacker or victim)
  • Knifekill Blood/Gore
  • Force No-Scope with any scoped weapon
  • Bulletpaths/Lasers/Tracers
  • Ragdoll Dissolver Effects
  • No-Block
  • One Shot One Kill
  • Unlimited Grenades (choose any type of grenade, or all!)
  • Unlimited Ammo
  • One Weapon Only Rounds (like knives only, choose from any weapon)
  • Knife Mugging (cash and/or health)
  • Bling Bank - Uses clientprefs so that it's persistent, and can be used across many severs via MySQL.
  • Warmup Round: Single or multiple weapons, includes respawning.
  • Weapon Remover: Removes dropped weapons and weapons from a map.
  • Added a few admin commands: sm_givecash, sm_givehealth, sm_respawn and sm_give (for giving items/weapons)
Updated: I have now added two files into the addons/sourcemod/configs/ directory.
  1. bling_menu_sorting.txt - Allows you to modify the sort order of both Bling menus.
  2. bling_menu_settings.txt - Allows you to choose which menu options are displayed in the Bling menus, as well as providing command overrides so that you can restrict access to certain functions.
See why I named it Bling? Essentially it's just a bunch of fun stuff to help spice up boring server life. EVERYTHING is built into admin menus. Or you can just use the config file/cvars. EVERYTHING is built into the translation files, even the menu titles and menu items.

From what I've tested so far, 99% of this plugin is NOT resource intensive. I don't hook the game frames or anything weird like that. The only thing that may cause lag would be the lasers/tracers.

Things that annoy me:
  • Not being able to create sub-categories in the admin menu. I'm looking for a better way to implement my plugin using only ONE menu option.
  • env_blood effects. For the life of me, I couldn't get any useful effects with anything besides "15" as the flags.
  • The laser/tracer beams. I'd like to spend a day re-doing these to look/work better soon.
Things I'd love for you to do:
  • Break it.
  • Report errors from your error log (invalid clientid's, entity's, edicts etc.)
  • Report functionality issues (ie: stuff's busted)
  • Provide functionality feedback. What other sorta cool stuff would fit well with this plugin?
  • Not tell me it's a stupid name. I already know this, man.
There are default headshot and knife sounds included (no DL required). By default, these all emit from the victim. If you decide to use taunting FPS doug sounds or some such, you'll probably have more fun switching the Emit to the Attacker.

If you think this plugin might be fun, please give it a test! If it gets good feedback and seems useful, I'll be submitting it officially at a later time.

Thanks in advance for ruining my life with bugs,

X
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (bling.sp - 480 views - 75.6 KB)
File Type: txt bling_menu_settings.txt (4.5 KB, 176 views)
File Type: txt bling_menu_sorting.txt (1.5 KB, 141 views)
File Type: txt bling.menu.phrases.txt (1.9 KB, 151 views)
File Type: txt bling.phrases.txt (3.5 KB, 146 views)
File Type: zip bling.zip (50.7 KB, 208 views)

Last edited by XARIUS; 10-16-2009 at 17:31.
Xp3r7
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-11-2009 , 22:41   Re: Plugin Testers Needed!
Reply With Quote #2

This looks interesting and Ill definitely try it out once its out of the "alpha" stage.

I could get rid of a couple plugins with just this one.

Ive asked in the past (just a week or so ago) about sub-menus in the admin menu and someone replied that it could be done via a plugin.

Feature suggestion: Make nades noblock through teamates and only teammates.

We have a noblock plugin on our server atm and I dont know how many times Ill throw a nade and a teammate walks right through me and it bounces off them and does damage to me. lol
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-12-2009 , 07:32   Re: Plugin Testers Needed!
Reply With Quote #3

I personally wouldn't call it alpha at this point. All the basic functionality has been tested and is working. I just don't have heavy load environments in which to test it.

Interesting feature request on the nades, I'll look into that. =)

As for the menus, the only way I've come up with to do "sub" menus, is to use a single admin menu entry, and then link to your own menus from there. I'll dig through the scripting forum some more and see if anyone has any examples or tips.

X
Old 10-12-2009 , 21:41   Re: Plugin Testers Needed!
Reply With Quote #4

Ah ok, I thought since you posted it here it was in the alpha stage since you didnt post it in the New plugins forum.

I installed it on my local PC just to see what it was like and can we get some cvars (useful to enable/disable what features we want admins to have) and an admin flag thats required to access this?

EDIT: Found a bug messin with it, when you disable noblock, it says in the hint window "bullet tracing disabled" or somethin to that extent.

Also, I have a suggestion - I think the headshot stuff, knifekill stuff, noblock, and ragdoll should be up to the server operators to enable/disable via the cfg file and should be taken out of the admin menu.

Last edited by Xp3r7; 10-12-2009 at 23:14.
Send a message via MSN to Xp3r7
XARIUS
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-13-2009 , 07:53   Re: Plugin Testers Needed!
Reply With Quote #5

I'll come up with some options that will allow admin's to choose what options are in the admin menu, and what restrictions they have. Currently everything is restricted to sm_kick access. I got bored and added knife mugging and a clientprefs bank to it yesterday. lol

Unemployment, so much time on my hands =/

As for posting it in New Plugins: If the plugin is useful to the community and receives good feedback, I will. This is mainly a boredom project for me. Most, if not all of the functionality already exists in other sourcemod plugins. I recently started playing a little CS:S again, and it amazed me how many servers still run Mani & Eventscripts for added "bling". So I decided to try and replicate many of the fun Mani features (knives, pistols only etc..), and eventscripts blinged up stuff into a single SourceMod plugin.

Last edited by XARIUS; 10-13-2009 at 08:30.
Xp3r7
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-13-2009 , 20:33   Re: Plugin Testers Needed!
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARIUS View Post
I'll come up with some options that will allow admin's to choose what options are in the admin menu, and what restrictions they have. Currently everything is restricted to sm_kick access. I got bored and added knife mugging and a clientprefs bank to it yesterday. lol

Unemployment, so much time on my hands =/

As for posting it in New Plugins: If the plugin is useful to the community and receives good feedback, I will. This is mainly a boredom project for me. Most, if not all of the functionality already exists in other sourcemod plugins. I recently started playing a little CS:S again, and it amazed me how many servers still run Mani & Eventscripts for added "bling". So I decided to try and replicate many of the fun Mani features (knives, pistols only etc..), and eventscripts blinged up stuff into a single SourceMod plugin.
Ah I see now and good about choosing what is in the menu and what isnt.

I was thinkin today at work about suggesting a cvar or somethin to enable/disable the features we wanted in the admin menu, so your 1 step a head of me there!

Im very interested in this as it has a lot of stuff Ive wanted for a while and its an all-in-one (<-maybe a new name?) package and I can get rid of about 3 or 4 plugins with just this one!

I will add it to my server once something gets added about showing up in the admin menu and then Ill give feedback based off my admins and myself.

You said you added knifemugg as in take cash/health when you kill with a knife?

Maybe add your warmup round to it (with a bug fix to allow any weapon, not just nade)?
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-13-2009 , 21:02   Re: Plugin Testers Needed!
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xp3r7 View Post
You said you added knifemugg as in take cash/health when you kill with a knife?
Right now it's just steal a percentage of the cash on a knife kill. Would be easy enough to add a healthboost in there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xp3r7 View Post
Maybe add your warmup round to it (with a bug fix to allow any weapon, not just nade)?
I was just thinking about that today actually! All the weapon stripping/giving code is already there, I just need to add the abilility to hand out multiple weapons which should be simple enough.

I'm still not sure how to handle the menu items without creating 50 billion new cvars. I still need to do more research on this.

X
Old 10-13-2009 , 21:51   Re: Plugin Testers Needed!
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Right now it's just steal a percentage of the cash on a knife kill. Would be easy enough to add a healthboost in there too.

I was just thinking about that today actually! All the weapon stripping/giving code is already there, I just need to add the abilility to hand out multiple weapons which should be simple enough.

I'm still not sure how to handle the menu items without creating 50 billion new cvars. I still need to do more research on this.

X
Yea , I can see that could lead to a lot of coding!

As far as the warmup, it would be cool as long as the weapon bug is fixed.

We use your plugin on our server right now and the only weapon that works is the henade (you set any other gun in the cfg file, players walk around with nothing for the warmup round) and it has crashed our server a few times as of late also.

Another feature suggestion - give everyone X amount of cash at the start of round (where X is defined by the server opp)

Last edited by Xp3r7; 10-13-2009 at 21:56.
Send a message via MSN to Xp3r7
XARIUS
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-14-2009 , 08:42   Re: Plugin Testers Needed!
Reply With Quote #9

No problem on fixing the bug. I used the same code for the single weapon only rounds in Bling, and it's working just fine (whatever was broken is now fixed).

I'll work on integrating the warmup round, finishing off the menu configuration options, and probably call it a day.

I added in health boosts to the mugging this morning already.
Old 10-14-2009 , 11:08   Re: Plugin Testers Needed!
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
No problem on fixing the bug. I used the same code for the single weapon only rounds in Bling, and it's working just fine (whatever was broken is now fixed).

I'll work on integrating the warmup round, finishing off the menu configuration options, and probably call it a day.

I added in health boosts to the mugging this morning already.
Very nice man.

Ill download and add the new version to my servers when your done and have it uploaded.