Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Rune style mod where players collect fun powerups.
    Old 03-13-2009 , 16:28   [TF2] - Popcorn Mod - v1.2.1
    Reply With Quote #1

Popcorn Mod
    -A Rune Mod for TF2-

The classic Rune Mod ported to Team Fortress. In Popcorn you play as normal, capturing flags and what not, but with a few surprises and laughs along the way. Popcorn spawns all over the place in random areas and give unique and fun abilities. If your a fan of the DiceRoll Mod, your going to like this.

This has been a massive project for me and a great learning expereince. I hope others will be able to access the many things I learned in the script and enjoy the mod. I believe i have come to a stopping point on this project and have moved on to other smaller projects. Thanks to all here on sourcemod for all their help and time.

I have now decided to keep this project going. This time Im doing this thing right. My first go around was me learning everything for the first time and now I have this spaghetti code thats hard to work with. So my initial steps will involve me completely rewriting the code followed by some major bug squashing. You can follow my progress on my ToDo List.

You can check out the mod in action below:

Generic Admin Commands: sm_pop_enable, sm_pop_disable
    Player Commands: votepop, popkey, droppop
    CVAR's: sm_pop_force_on 1 or 0 - Will keep popcorn on through map changes, default is set at 1

-Release Notes-
    1.2.1 - Major Optimizations and debugging. Removed popcorn model and replaced it with fun gibs for two reasons. Was having issues with clients receiving the model and the popcorn model was too big and got in the way.

1.1.11 - A sneak peak at 1.2. Two new abilities. bubblewand does only 50 damage now. melee mash returns weapons after the event has ended. snowcone freezetime reduced to 2sec.

1.1.10 - Final Release of the v1.1 series. Changed extension from dukehacks to SDKHooks. Frankenstein is back with an Uber charge to prevent captures. doublepop is now kritspop and now has a krits charge to boot. New !votepop option added for players to use to turn on and off popcorn. Many, many bug fixes.

1.1.7 - Not sure what I've done! I beleive I disabled frankenstein again, he'll be back.

1.1.4 - Frankenstein Crash Repaired.

1.1.3 - [AutoUpdater Only] Melee Mash will no longer state that Frankenstein has been defeated when a player changes class in spawnroom. More server console spam eliminated. Secondary, push, of spatula velocity changed from 300 to 2000.

1.1.2 - [AutoUpdater Only] Frankenstein has reduced health and melee only, teleport refreshes with automated item drop routine, generous pain bug -possible crash- repaired, melee mash now assignes melee to respawning players

1.1.1 - [AutoUpdater Only] Forgot to remove a debug entry .

1.1.0 - Crash upon player dying to world and death from self damage finally fixed! popcorn map config file no longer needed, new automated system in place compatible with all maps. A few minor bugs found and repaired.

1.0.2 - Added AutoUpdate Support - plugin will update automatically

1.0.1 - easteregg caused server crashes - fixed

1.0.0 - all major bugs repaired, thx to Choucas for fixing Melee Mash and damage.inc. Changed the way popcorn is handled to reduce lag. You no longer drop popcorn, only remove abilities(this feature will be back in a future release). Solved a timing issue causing models in game to be teleported randomly around the maps and would remove weapons from characters. New Ability - MegaPop:Frankenstein.

\\\\\\-Everything you need-//////

-You will need SDKHooks for this to work properly

popcorn.zip - Just drop this into your servers tf folder, source files included in zip.
    Attached Files
    File Type: smx popcorn.smx (35.3 KB, 1549 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (popcorn.sp - 960 views - 59.1 KB)

Last edited by labelmaker; 09-04-2010 at 15:25. Reason: New Updates
    Send a message via Skype™ to labelmaker
    retsam
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-13-2009 , 19:21   Re: Popcorn Mod - A Rune Mod for TF2
    Reply With Quote #2

So....im guessing youre heading towards quake style mod where you used to be able to pick up runes and hold onto them until you die, then rune is dislodged and someone else can pick it up?

You didnt describe how the mod works so....
    labelmaker
    Old 03-13-2009 , 19:34   Re: Popcorn Mod - A Rune Mod for TF2
    Reply With Quote #3

sorry, i kinda threw that together in a rush, but yes. Its like the original from quake. One of my all time favs, other than jailbreak which someones already doing a great source mod of. Ill update the post for those who are unfamiliar with the golden days of quake and quake 3 modding.

Last edited by labelmaker; 03-13-2009 at 19:57.
    retsam
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-13-2009 , 20:31   Re: Popcorn Mod - A Rune Mod for TF2
    Reply With Quote #4

Yes id have to agree, the rune mod for quake way back then was damn fun. Id love to see that for tf2 if its possible.

Seems like it would be challenging for sure. How you gonna add some model that people pickup/drop on death, etc. Adding the abilities wouldnt be too hard if you can figure that part out.

Id love to see it done though. Also, why dont you just call it RUNE mod for TF2? Sounds better and makes more sense.
    labelmaker
    Old 03-14-2009 , 00:39   Re: Popcorn Mod - A Rune Mod for TF2
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by retsam View Post
    Yes id have to agree, the rune mod for quake way back then was damn fun. Id love to see that for tf2 if its possible.

Seems like it would be challenging for sure. How you gonna add some model that people pickup/drop on death, etc. Adding the abilities wouldnt be too hard if you can figure that part out.

Id love to see it done though. Also, why dont you just call it RUNE mod for TF2? Sounds better and makes more sense.
    It was challenging at first, but the helpful team here at sourcemod led me in the right direction. BTW, Im testing the mod out everyday on my server here: 68.53.39.2:27016 The Server Name is LabelMaker Industries Test Facility.
    You might see me and my whole crew of playtesters.

And the name was chosen to keep with the fun art style of TF2. The stones will soon be replaced by popcorn, right now as you can see im going with a generic name on my files that i chose when I didn't have any name idea brewing.

In other news Ive uploaded my nightly build above.

Last edited by labelmaker; 03-14-2009 at 00:52.
    retsam
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-14-2009 , 01:28   Re: Popcorn Mod - A Rune Mod for TF2
    Reply With Quote #6

Yeah right on. I have my own custom edited rollthedice plugin on a few servers, and I love coming up with special abilities so if you need help in that department.
    ThatGuy
    Old 03-14-2009 , 16:13   Re: Popcorn Mod - A Rune Mod for TF2
    Reply With Quote #7

Still working on that retsam? I still have my super awesome version hehe ;)
    Old 03-14-2009 , 18:41   Re: Popcorn Mod - A Rune Mod for TF2
    Reply With Quote #8

Nah, not working on it anymore, pretty much content with what I got now. Im sure you do still have your uber elite version.
    labelmaker
    Old 03-15-2009 , 10:45   Re: Popcorn Mod - A Rune Mod for TF2
    Reply With Quote #9

I added the arena maps and two cp maps to the cfg file. I also added the IP address for the server that Im using to test the mod out if you like to get you and your pals together and play.

Last edited by labelmaker; 03-18-2009 at 07:37. Reason: my keyboard likes to mispell things (or so he says - the keyboard))
    labelmaker
    Old 03-15-2009 , 16:55   Re: Popcorn Mod - A Rune Mod for TF2
    Reply With Quote #10

New nightly with 2 new runes, ok one new rune. bunnyhopped and easteregg are fully working and complete. Did a huge amount of bug fixes and works great. I have noticed on my server that it lags when everyone first enters the game and every once in awhile here and there, not bad enough to spoil the fun though. Enjoy!