Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] PropHunt 1.93

Post New Thread Reply   

msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 05-01-2010 , 20:09   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.66
Reply With Quote #411

I assume there hasn't been a public release to fix the invisible prop issue? I downloaded the .smx in the first post and I am still getting invisible props.
Old 05-01-2010 , 21:20   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.66
Reply With Quote #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
I assume there hasn't been a public release to fix the invisible prop issue? I downloaded the .smx in the first post and I am still getting invisible props.
Public release will likely not be out until after the next TF2 update: Client Crashes with memory read errors and no minidump are still happening (DF, are you still getting them on SourceOP?:s) and Dark's yet to fix weapon handling (adding weapons to a player).
Drunken F00l
Old 05-02-2010 , 04:21   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.66
Reply With Quote #413

Did you solve the client crashing? I think it might have something to do with spectating the last prop possibly due to giving him a weapon. The few times I've noticed it was always everybody but one player on the prop team gets disconnected and you guys mentioned that too. Maybe disable giving weapons for now and see if that helps. Robin was going to look into it, but that'll be a few days... If it has to do with giving weapons, he probably won't find anything on his own anyways.

Last edited by Drunken F00l; 05-02-2010 at 04:26.
Geit
Old 05-02-2010 , 07:40   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.66
Reply With Quote #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken F00l View Post
Did you solve the client crashing? I think it might have something to do with spectating the last prop possibly due to giving him a weapon. The few times I've noticed it was always everybody but one player on the prop team gets disconnected and you guys mentioned that too. Maybe disable giving weapons for now and see if that helps. Robin was going to look into it, but that'll be a few days... If it has to do with giving weapons, he probably won't find anything on his own anyways.
We solved the majority of our client crashes by removing the last prop gun and setting the custom model (or unsetting) on player spawn rather the just before the player death.

Also, our most descriptive crash so far: I was in spawn and hadn't moved since round start, pyro walked in and flamed me, I alt-tabbed back in and quickly tried to move, died and got a crash, A prop just outside the spawn room crashed and a person spectating another prop just outside crashed (Although the prop they were speccing didn't crash), none of the pyros crashed and all the people who crashed has custom models assigned. So that shows it's not isolated to spectators, but props who are visible via VVIS.

Last edited by Geit; 05-02-2010 at 07:48.
Darkimmortal
Old 05-02-2010 , 13:11   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.66
Reply With Quote #415

Quote:
038 - |AO| LordVader!: I don't know if this is true or not
038 - |AO| LordVader!: "Derpkip<2446><STEAM_0:0:24695717><Spectator> " say "Everytime you taunt when your going to be a prop,your tf2 crashes"
Old 05-02-2010 , 22:52   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.66
Reply With Quote #416

We've found the client crash issue and sent Valve the information on it, with any luck we should receive an update to fix it in the coming days, after this PropHunt 1.72 will be released
voogru
Inspector Javert
Old 05-02-2010 , 23:52   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.66
Reply With Quote #417

Since PropHunt appears to still be damaged due to client crashes, I've included it as one of the casualties of the recent attachment changes on my petition page. I didn't have it before because of the "fixes" valve implemented but wasnt aware of side issues.

Just FYI.
Darkimmortal
Old 05-02-2010 , 23:59   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.66
Reply With Quote #418

Cheers voogru

/signed
Old 05-05-2010 , 21:01   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.66
Reply With Quote #419

Update has fixed the client crash that was plaguing PropHunt, public release will be done sometime tomorrow when Dark finishes fixing the current bugs.
ashridah
Old 05-06-2010 , 11:52   Re: [TF2] PropHunt 1.66
Reply With Quote #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geit View Post
Update has fixed the client crash that was plaguing PropHunt, public release will be done sometime tomorrow when Dark finishes fixing the current bugs.
Woot. I was trying to get this running again for a LAN party i was at on the weekend. I was bummed when i realized that the tf2 updates had broken it. Good to hear that valve has sorted the crashing issue though.