Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

using steam workshop maps

Post New Thread Reply   

durangod
Old 02-08-2017 , 23:30   using steam workshop maps
Reply With Quote #1

It is my understanding that once the server is set up to use the steam workshop maps, the maplist.txt and mapcycle.txt on the server are no longer used. Anyone know if that is correct and can confirm this?

thanks
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2017 , 03:45   Re: using steam workshop maps
Reply With Quote #2

well depending on the game your talking about..... csgo has never used those files at all... you might use some sourcemod plugins that do however..

Last edited by hamilton5; 02-09-2017 at 03:46.
durangod
Old 02-09-2017 , 05:01   Re: using steam workshop maps
Reply With Quote #3

Hi, yes its CSGO.... What im trying to do is figure out the simplist way to go from mixed maps including my workshop maps (collection) and possibly making it workshop maps only. If those two files are not used then it seems the only other file that could trigger this would be the gamemodes txt file.

So if i wanted to use exclusively my collection then that seems like the most likely option is to edit that file. Right now its mixed, the collection maps are included in the vote but its not exclusive either way. Is there a easy way to change that if wanted to?
Old 02-09-2017 , 07:07   Re: using steam workshop maps
Reply With Quote #4

My server is still using mapcycle.txt even if I also use workshop collections in the start command.
What I understood it suppose to use your collection you made. Could be that I done something wrong... I run mapvote so I don't really care about the a cycle config atm
Old 02-14-2017 , 23:13   Re: using steam workshop maps
Reply With Quote #5

a collection is a bunch of workshop maps.. so this does not make to much sense;
Quote:
go from mixed maps including my workshop maps (collection) and possibly making it workshop maps only
the server is going to run maps out of a workshop_collection or a mapgroup depending how you start the server... it will then use that same list of maps for the voting at the end of map... none of this involves text files. Now if you have disabled the game's vote, and use something like mapchooser plugin, then you will need a text file with maps you want mapchooser to display for votes..