Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64]

Post New Thread Reply   

ThePwnt
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-09-2020 , 07:39   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfxD View Post
xanmod is the best kernel, others doesn't feel like "128" Tick.
How is xanmod the best?
Did you even try Liquorix's kernel?
godaz
Old 01-09-2020 , 11:56   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePwnt View Post
How is xanmod the best?
Did you even try Liquorix's kernel?
+1 for this. Tried both myself. There's a massive difference. And Liquorix's kernel works better for me.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-09-2020 , 16:22   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmancz View Post
Thanks Maxximou5, it works!

However, what makes tuned-adm better than cpufrequtils? Are there any benefits?
You're most welcome. It simply does more for the user, if that matters to you. You can look at the services is provides: https://tuned-project.org/
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfxD View Post
xanmod is the best kernel, others doesn't feel like "128" Tick.
Not ever kernel is best for every system, also such a blatant statement without any evidence is total hearsay. I'm sure it works great for you, but if you want others to believe you, need some evidence. Most importantly, that statement doesn't provide any usefulness to the topic unless you can give specifics on how what that kernel does can benefit the one trying to be made here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spumer View Post
All this needed only for manual enable Intel Turbo?

If you have enough performance CPU and one server load one CPU up to 80%, in that case i think you can use standart kernel. But, for performance reasons you can setup process affinity and stick each server to different CPUs.
Not everyone uses Intel and a kernel has a much bigger impact on the system overall then just that. Process affinity can be a good and bad thing depending on how the server manages, this can be seen in several posts across the forums.
Nerus
Old 04-30-2020 , 08:53   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #14

Someone do the tests on different kernels directly for SRCDS on production(with load), which one is best?

PS.
I want to migrate SRCSD servers (CSGO@128(5v5) and CSS@100(32ffa)) from R2 dual CPU [email protected] machine to [email protected] on boost.

Last edited by Nerus; 04-30-2020 at 08:56.
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-30-2020 , 15:15   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
Someone do the tests on different kernels directly for SRCDS on production(with load), which one is best?
If your question is what is below, that can be answered; otherwise, I don't understand what you're asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
I want to migrate SRCSD servers (CSGO@128(5v5) and CSS@100(32ffa)) from R2 dual CPU [email protected] machine to [email protected] on boost.
No idea what a i7-4970k is, as that doesn't exist. If you meant to say the i7-4790k, then that is arguably one of the best processors to run CS:GO servers on, in comparison to the E5630.

Last edited by Maxximou5; 04-30-2020 at 15:15.
Nerus
Old 05-02-2020 , 09:10   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
If your question is what is below, that can be answered; otherwise, I don't understand what you're asking.
I mean maybe someone was doing tests on booth kernels and can share those results, which kernel will be the best for providing SRCDS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
No idea what a i7-4970k is, as that doesn't exist. If you meant to say the i7-4790k, then that is arguably one of the best processors to run CS:GO servers on, in comparison to the E5630.
My mistake 4790K, but at the moment best is I9-9900KS.
Old 06-10-2020 , 00:00   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #17

Thanks a lot guys
I was looking for this kind of information from a very long time. Finally found the thread.

Regards,

Last edited by jonnismith22; 06-10-2020 at 00:01.
xSLOW
Old 08-21-2020 , 14:35   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #18

you can compile the kernel faster using command
make deb-pkg LOCALVERSION=-fastkernel -j[NUMBER_OF_CORES]
replace NUMBER_OF_CORES with your cores count to use them for compiling and remove the square brackets
it will be much faster.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...el-compilation

Contact me, fastest way, through my discord server:
https://discord.gg/SBHzDGbbgG
xSLOW#0508

Last edited by xSLOW; 08-21-2020 at 14:38.
roundcubeseven
Old 09-15-2020 , 08:43   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #19

I am trying to improve performance on my server. I have a few processes that need low jitter (less than 10ms variance).

I have a load average of 4 maximum on an i7-920 (4 physical cores, 8 with HT). There are about 10 processes ranging from 40% to 90% of a core user mode. System usage is 3% total. Total CPU usage is 80% max.

Will setting the kernel from 100hz to 1000hz improve the jitter if tickless and high resolution timers are already set?
Old 09-15-2020 , 15:12   Re: [CS:GO][LINUX] Build your own kernel = 1 000 Hz + CPU Performance [Debian ~ amd64
Reply With Quote #20

...I had i7-920 CPU, it is slow. Sry to tell this, but that CPU architect is Intel first i7. Don't expect miracle.