Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)

Post New Thread Reply   

xSquared
Old 07-29-2019 , 23:58   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #211

Sometimes pre-existing weapons have errors in then that make some of their attributes "null," which also prevents all weapons below them(in the folder) from loading their latest versions. I don't know why it does this, but it is important to "bugfix" weapons which aren't working the way that they are supposed to. For example, say a Demoman custom weapon is supposed to induce milk on hit, but it doesn't. Make sure that the attributes in the weapon are noted with the correct plugin. I know that's a lot, but I don't know what else that you could do. I'm not a professional myself, but I've been doing custom weapons modding all summer. Hope this helps
lazyman0615
Old 07-30-2019 , 01:51   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSquared View Post
Sometimes pre-existing weapons have errors in then that make some of their attributes "null," which also prevents all weapons below them(in the folder) from loading their latest versions. I don't know why it does this, but it is important to "bugfix" weapons which aren't working the way that they are supposed to. For example, say a Demoman custom weapon is supposed to induce milk on hit, but it doesn't. Make sure that the attributes in the weapon are noted with the correct plugin. I know that's a lot, but I don't know what else that you could do. I'm not a professional myself, but I've been doing custom weapons modding all summer. Hope this helps
Thank you so much! Idiot me forgot to delete one of the scrapped idea I had and exactly what you had said happened. Maybe I should create weapons in other folder then import it in to the customweapons folder.
xSquared
Old 07-31-2019 , 23:48   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #213

Glad I could help
xSquared
Old 07-31-2019 , 23:49   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #214

Is there a tutorial out there for creating custom attributes? I've tried to look at written sourcepawn tutorials, and I've tried looking at Orion and others' attribute plugins, but I can't seem to figure out how they work. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
trbz_
Old 08-03-2019 , 22:51   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #215

It imports functions and sourcemod event detection from other .inc files in the "include" folder. Most of an attribute plugin just consists of technical stuff, you've really gotta read through the entire thing to see how it's working.

I've gotten far enough where I can understand most of what orion.sp is doing, but I've been unable to create anything because it's giving me compiling errors even without any changes to the original file.

Code:
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\cw3-attributes.inc(144) : error 017: undefined symbol "GetClientSlot"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\cw3-attributes.inc(190) : error 017: undefined symbol "GetClientSlot"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\cw3-attributes.inc(236) : error 017: undefined symbol "GetClientSlot"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(1293) : error 017: undefined symbol "IfDoNextTime2"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(2907) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3334) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3510) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3883) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3893) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
// C:\Users\Ethan\Desktop\steamcmd\tf2\tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\orion.sp(3941) : error 017: undefined symbol "TF_DMG_PREVENT_PHYSICS_FORCE"
I have every #include required, I'm not sure why it's giving me undefined symbol errors.

Last edited by trbz_; 08-03-2019 at 22:53.
xSquared
Old 08-04-2019 , 16:25   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #216

Damn.
xSquared
Old 08-13-2019 , 16:01   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #217

Getting back to you on the CW3 plugins, basic-attributes(the one linked here) has comments telling you what certain things do.
xSquared
Old 08-14-2019 , 02:53   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #218

Update on the custom attributes: I made a plugin and I have some custom attributes set up! it was modeled on the "basic-attributes" plugin. Let me know if you want me to release it!
xSquared
Old 08-15-2019 , 15:37   Silver's Custom Attributes
Reply With Quote #219

Current Version: 1.3

Changelog:
Version 1.0-
First Attributes
Version 1.1-
Added "addcond on damage dealt"
The above attribute is sketchy, and may not work after a few weapon switches
Version 1.2-
Added extra argument for "addcond on damage dealt"
Version 1.21
Fixed a bug where <duration> for "addcond on damage dealt" was always multiplied by the <max charges> amount, due to the charges always being set to 0 upon a taunt
Version 1.22
Fixed a bug where attributes other than "addcond on damage dealt" wouldn't work correctly
Version 1.23
Fixed a bug where users with "addcond on damage dealt" would keep their charges after dying
Version 1.3
Added several new attributes(look at .sp file for the details)
IMPORTANT: In order for some of my attributes to work, it is required that you download my .inc
file and put it in the correct directory.

So after fumbling around with code for a while, I finally made a working attributes plugin!

WARNING: This attribute plugin uses the Custom Weapons 2 format, and therefore will require you to use "attributes" in stead of "cw3_attributes" when applying any attributes. This does not disallow use of Custom Weapons 3, it just means that you have to define this plugin's attributes separately from Custom Weapons 3 attributes.

One last thing: This plugin is a modified version of "basic-attributes," so every bit of coding I did was modeled after it.

Attribute list can be found in the .sp file.

Heres' an example of an attribute's code on one of the weapons:
Code:
		"damage builds"
		{
			"plugin"	"silver"
			"value"		"0.05 170"
		}
This plugin might get updates in the future, depends on how things work out
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (silver.sp - 299 views - 61.3 KB)
File Type: smx silver.smx (23.4 KB, 225 views)
File Type: inc silver.inc (140 Bytes, 223 views)

Last edited by xSquared; 09-10-2019 at 05:09. Reason: Version 1.3
spikeof2010
Old 08-28-2019 , 15:49   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons 3 (Beta 2)
Reply With Quote #220

Hey, I just recently installed this plugin on my server and I was wondering is there any documentation to what attributes I can use that are in cw3-attributes and aw2attrib? I'm aware of the tf2attributes, but I've been scouring the internet with no avail.

Cheers!