12% 

Some newbe questions on mm coding

Post New Thread Reply   

Carolus
Old 07-28-2010 , 11:47   Re: Some newbe questions on mm coding
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
Also, perfect security doesn't exist. Its only a matter of how hard you need to make it for your opponent before feeling safe.
Old 08-02-2010 , 18:03   Re: Some newbe questions on mm coding
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Vance View Post
There is no way you can perform this task, server owners can always cheat on whatever you try to do server-side.
I just have one question about that. Why is it that Zblock is loved in the css community and the league world? because its so badly secured I guess ?

I just don't see the reason why he can't be helped in what he is trying to accomplish. It's not that he's trying to make anny monney out of it he is just trying to create a nicer gaming world.
Or is it just so that only source mod plugins are allowed cause you guys can conrtole it more that way?
If thats the case then why did you ever made meta mod.

I just think that programmers with good intentions and great capacity should be encouraged not demotivated.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 08-02-2010 , 18:21   Re: Some newbe questions on mm coding
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by morion View Post
I just have one question about that. Why is it that Zblock is loved in the css community and the league world? because its so badly secured I guess ?

I just don't see the reason why he can't be helped in what he is trying to accomplish. It's not that he's trying to make anny monney out of it he is just trying to create a nicer gaming world.
Or is it just so that only source mod plugins are allowed cause you guys can conrtole it more that way?
If thats the case then why did you ever made meta mod.
Matthias Vance
Old 08-02-2010 , 18:46   Re: Some newbe questions on mm coding
Reply With Quote #24

+1

morion, I was just saying that server owners, regardless of whatever they need to install for conformity, there is always a way around them.

Do not try to flame me, you will not succeed:
  • What on earth has zBlock to do with this? (see my first point made)
  • I am not willing to help one to rewrite SM when the functionality is already there, we did offer multiple other solutions though (but do note my point).
  • Your third question didn't make sense, I'm sorry, maybe you could elaborate a bit more?
  • I agree on your last point.

He was simply asking on how to rewrite (parts of) SM, which is basically a bad question/idea in itself.

Last edited by Matthias Vance; 08-02-2010 at 18:50.
morion
Old 08-02-2010 , 21:03   Re: Some newbe questions on mm coding
Reply With Quote #25

I'm not trying to flame to anyone here sorry if it seems like that.
The reason why I refered to zblock is because if I have red carolus intentions right what he is trying to create is a Zblock like plugin that works and is user friendly.
Zblock is out there for a long time and is so loved by most server hosters and league's because its source is not revealed and it did what it had to do.
But Zblock is limited in it's user friendliness so wouldn't it be nice to have a competing plugin with different features.
The main thing is if you would want to create a plugin like this and want it also to be a recognized plugin on league's like esl the source may not be released to the public.

Quote:
+1
Your third question didn't make sense, I'm sorry, maybe you could elaborate a bit more?
Again the reason why carolus is trying to make the plugin on MM instead on SM is for the closed source wich I tried to explain above in this post. But because SM doesnt allow disribution of plugins without the source code this won't work for it's purpose. Maybe if he soly deliverd the code to the programmers of SM so they can see that there is nothing harmfull to the plugin and not realeace the source code to the public then probably doesn't have to create it in MM.

Quote:
+1
He was simply asking on how to rewrite (parts of) SM, which is basically a bad question/idea in itself.
I think he was indeed asking to much by directly refering to the same functions as SM. But I'm sure that for a programmer like you it wouldn't be to hard to direct him to the line's of coding he is searching for.
For example:
PrintToChat
Then he still has to code everything around it for him self but would be pushed of in the right direction.

sorry for my chaotic typing I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

Last edited by morion; 08-02-2010 at 23:35.