Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

When starting a server, client index 1 is apparently invalid.

Post New Thread Reply   

dilalmon
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-17-2015 , 23:52   When starting a server, client index 1 is apparently invalid.
Reply With Quote #1

There's this code OnPluginStart on a plugin just in case the plugin is reloaded mid-game:

Code:
    for (new idx = 1; idx < MAXPLAYERS; idx++)
    {
        if (IsClientInGame (idx))
        {
            ClientConnected (idx);
        }
    }
And this always outputs this error in the log when the server is started without any players for the first time:

Code:
L 04/17/2015 - 04:08:49: [SM] Native "IsClientInGame" reported: Client index 1 is invalid
Why is this a case and how would I be able to prevent it?
necavi
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2015 , 00:18   Re: When starting a server, client index 1 is apparently invalid.
Reply With Quote #2

Wait until OnMapStart to run that code (at which point you can use for(int idx = 1; idx <= MaxClients; idx++) which is preferable anyway).
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 04-18-2015 , 08:19   Re: When starting a server, client index 1 is apparently invalid.
Reply With Quote #3

No. Since this is lateload logic check if you're lateloading the plugin, then do whatever stuff you like in OnPluginStart.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
Miu
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2015 , 08:31   Re: When starting a server, client index 1 is apparently invalid.
Reply With Quote #4

um, are you actually checking for late loads or just doing this all the time in onpluginstart?
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2015 , 14:24   Re: When starting a server, client index 1 is apparently invalid.
Reply With Quote #5

I hear checking for late loads via AskPluginLoad2 can be unreliable, and I did have problems with it before, until FlaminSarge told me it's unreliable and I changed my method of 'detecting' that. I was trying to make something happen during only the first 1-2 rounds and if the plugin is sm plugins reload-ed, then it doesn't do that. So instead I used GetTeamScore() on both teams instead. I have a logging plugin that only prints "Changing map to x" if GetGameTime() is less than 5.0 - 10.0 or so, to prevent spamming map change messages each time I reload the plugin.

I also hear that MaxClients may not be initialized during OnPluginStart sometimes and that those types of loops should be in OnMapStart instead, where it will be initialized and OnMapStart is always called on loads too anyway.

Last edited by Chdata; 04-18-2015 at 14:26.
Darkness_
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2015 , 14:51   Re: When starting a server, client index 1 is apparently invalid.
Reply With Quote #6

I've done this in all of my plugins that utilize SDKHooks and have never encountered an error like this.
Except I used for (int i = 1; i <= MaxClients; i++).

Last edited by Darkness_; 04-18-2015 at 14:51.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2015 , 17:17   Re: When starting a server, client index 1 is apparently invalid.
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness_ View Post
I've done this in all of my plugins that utilize SDKHooks and have never encountered an error like this.
Except I used for (int i = 1; i <= MaxClients; i++).
MaxClients is always 0 in OnPluginStart()(unless plugin was late loaded), always do things with MaxClients in OnMapStart() as MaxClients gets set b4 then.

Last edited by WildCard65; 04-18-2015 at 17:17.
Dr. Api
BANNED
Old 04-21-2015 , 19:04   Re: When starting a server, client index 1 is apparently invalid.
Reply With Quote #8

MaxClients = 0 OnPluginStart ?? Sure ? Cause I use some function and it always works and no error.

Last edited by Dr. Api; 04-21-2015 at 19:04.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 04-21-2015 , 20:07   Re: When starting a server, client index 1 is apparently invalid.
Reply With Quote #9

Ok, correction about MaxClients, It's not always going to be correct b4 map is loaded which you just experienced with the native error because of this:
PHP Code:
if ((index 1) || (index playerhelpers->GetMaxClients())) 
which means that 1 was greater then the max clients server can have at time native was called.