Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

How to hook "password failed"

Post New Thread Reply   

kalash1k
Old 09-18-2011 , 23:43   Re: How to hook "password failed"
Reply With Quote #21

So. Did anyone test this code? I still have the trouble with server crashing. Help please.
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-19-2011 , 06:08   Re: How to hook "password failed"
Reply With Quote #22

I've checked and I know why it was crashing. The reason is : to get the address the of Q_strcmp(), I use a trick which count the number of "call" from the start of the function where it's used. It seems that for linux stable version and some version above, the count is 5 and not 4. This way was more to avoid to make signatures but just seen it's stupid to do that for linux because you can use directly the symbol name. Though I could for windows only but while testing I've discovered a stupid behavior in orpheu, thus at the end, I've made signatures.

Anyway, it should be fine now. I've tested under linux stable and beta and it works without problems.
Make sur to update the signatures file too.

EDIT: By the way, the build of the latest hlbeta version would be 5408, just to say you are not up to date.

Last edited by Arkshine; 09-19-2011 at 14:04.
kalash1k
Old 09-20-2011 , 03:42   Re: How to hook "password failed"
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkshine View Post
I've checked and I know why it was crashing. The reason is : to get the address the of Q_strcmp(), I use a trick which count the number of "call" from the start of the function where it's used. It seems that for linux stable version and some version above, the count is 5 and not 4. This way was more to avoid to make signatures but just seen it's stupid to do that for linux because you can use directly the symbol name. Though I could for windows only but while testing I've discovered a stupid behavior in orpheu, thus at the end, I've made signatures.

Anyway, it should be fine now. I've tested under linux stable and beta and it works without problems.
Make sur to update the signatures file too.

EDIT: By the way, the build of the latest hlbeta version would be 5408, just to say you are not up to date.
Big thanks. All works perfectly. Now I will try to make connection with mysql db and pw check system.
Is there any plugins with sql connection to forum(site) DB ? Just want to see example...

P.S. I think there must be some tutorial thread about orpheu with many examples. And this plugin must be placed there.
bilalpro
BANNED
Old 09-24-2011 , 06:02   Re: How to hook "password failed"
Reply With Quote #24

lol
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-24-2011 , 06:05   Re: How to hook "password failed"
Reply With Quote #25

About ?