Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

SourceMod Sample Extension Project: Updated SourceMod 1.5/1.6 sample extension files

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-04-2013 , 11:12   SourceMod Sample Extension Project: Updated SourceMod 1.5/1.6 sample extension files
Reply With Quote #1

This project is obsolete. Use the sampleext project from a recent SourceMod 1.8 snapshot

I've made some changes to both the (Windows) Visual Studio 2010 projects and (Linux/OSX) Makefile for the SourceMod 1.5.

This zip is always the latest version from my GitHub repository. I recommend it as I sometimes forget to update the zip here.

These need testing.

This is hosted on GitHub and will probably be submitted to the SourceMod bug tracker... if they'll even accept a SM 1.5 version.

I haven't tested these in any great depth, but here's what I (tried) to do:

• All
    • Renamed MMSOURCE19 to MMSOURCE110 as per standard operating procedure... since MM:S 1.10 is the standard for SM 1.5
    • All SE_ constants have been renumbered to their SourceMod 1.5 values.
    • SE_ORANGEBOXVALVE is gone. SE_CSS, SE_HL2DM, SE_DODS, and SE_TF2 should be used instead.
    • SE_NUCLEARDAWN and SE_DOTA are now a valid SOURCE_ENGINE values.
  • Visual Studio 2010 projects
    • SOURCEMOD15 is a new mandatory environment variable used by sampleext. This means that extensions no longer have to be in the sourcemod/public/[extension] directory to be compiled, but it also means you MUST set this environment variable before you can compile any projects created by this.
    • New environment variables: HL2SDKHL2DM, HL2SDKDODS, and HL2SDKTF2 for their respective HL2SDKs.
    • Manually fixed the .sln file to make the EYE and Bloody Good Time configurations appear in the Configuration Manager dropdown and dialog.
    • The Orange Box Valve - Debug and Orange Box Valve - Release configurations are now gone. Use the game-specific versions instead.
    • There is no DOTA2 configuration. This is intended to be a SourceMod 1.5 sample extension... I may add a SourceMod 1.6 sample files later.
  • Makefile
    • CSS, HL2DM, DODS, TF2, and L4D2 now correctly link libvstdlib_srv.so and libtier0_srv.so instead of their non _srv versions.
    • Generated .so files will now be named with the correct game-specific extension (i.e. sampleext.ext.2.tf2.so for a TF2 extension)
    • Now supports hl2dm, dods, tf2, and nd compile targets.
Note: For completionist sake, I included the entire sampleext project instead of just the build files. These are the files taken from releases/sourcemod-1.5 as of yesterday (October 3, 2013)

I may also add an AMBuild script later, but I'm not (yet) familiar with how to write one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sample_ext.zip (32.5 KB, 479 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-07-2015 at 15:40. Reason: Updated with ND Release project
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-04-2013 , 11:52   Re: Updated SourceMod 1.5 sample extension files
Reply With Quote #2

Ran into an issue where I have the paths wrong on Windows. I'm looking into fixing this now.

Edit: Should be fixed now.

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-04-2013 at 13:06.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-04-2013 , 17:09   Re: Updated SourceMod 1.5 sample extension files
Reply With Quote #3

Located a bug in the Makefile where I failed to remove the old code that assigned the LIB_SUFFIX. Will be fixed in the first post momentarily.
Veteran Member
Old 10-06-2013 , 17:07   Re: Updated SourceMod 1.5 sample extension files
Reply With Quote #4

About time someone fixed those makefiles, thanks.
Old 10-06-2013 , 17:18   Re: Updated SourceMod 1.5 sample extension files
Reply With Quote #5

I just realized I never uploaded the latest version, which adds the missing Nuclear Dawn - Release project to the Windows sln.

BTW, the latest release for these are this zip from my Github in case I do forget to upload it here.

Note that the "Debug" and "Release" projects on Windows only work for Projects that don't require MetaMod... Episode 1 probably doesn't work as it builds against the wrong MetaMod core... the Old MetaMod projects are the actual Episode 1 built against the correct (Legacy) MetaMod core.

Incidentally, this project was tested via the Read Game Sounds extension... which are why I was fixing it to begin with. That extension removes the versions it doesn't use from the Windows projects (Debug, Release, Debug - Episode 1, and Release - Episode 1)

Last edited by Powerlord; 10-06-2013 at 17:26.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-01-2013 , 16:08   Re: Updated SourceMod 1.5 sample extension files
Reply With Quote #6

I haven't had time to do testing of this, but here are updated Projects and Makefiles for SourceMod 1.6. Well, actually they also work on 1.5 except for the SDK2013, Blade, Insurgency, and DOTA (Windows only) targets.

There's also a preliminary AMBuildScript and related files, but they aren't really ready to go yet.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sourcemod-sampleext-master.zip (44.1 KB, 208 views)
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-15-2013 , 17:10   Re: Updated SourceMod 1.5 sample extension files
Reply With Quote #7

Here's a new build for SourceMod 1.6 things. Here are the fixes:
  • AMBuild sample files now work properly. Instructions are included in the How to use AMBuild.txt file.
  • Renamed Blade to Blade Symphony in Windows files.
  • Fixes Nuclear Dawn - Debug builds not working in Windows.
  • Fixes DOTA - Release builds not working in Windows.
  • Fixes SDK2013 not compiling in Linux because -DGCC wasn't being passed.
  • Fixes SDK2013 throwing errors about redefined constants. This kinda required an overhaul for all games and appears to be working.
Known Issues:
  • Blade Symphony has Windows and Linux files, but not OSX. Unfortunately, the Makefile doesn't (currently) support this level of granularity.
The AMBuild sample files are the major change this time around. While I can say for sure the sample project files build correctly (at least on Windows, haven't tested Linux yet), I haven't yet ported it to Read Game Sounds, which is my primary extension for testing this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sourcemod-sampleext-master.zip (47.0 KB, 215 views)
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-15-2013 , 21:40   Re: Updated SourceMod 1.5 sample extension files
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Remove any games you're not planning on supporting from the self.possibleSdks list.
Engines should never be removed from this list, you should instead remove all the supported platforms for engines you don't want to build for.

Additionally, AMBuild will look in parent directories for SDKs, so you don't actually need to setup any envvars if your directory structure is sane.

Finally, production builds should run configure with the --enable-optimize flag.
Old 11-19-2013 , 15:58   Re: Updated SourceMod 1.5 sample extension files
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Engines should never be removed from this list, you should instead remove all the supported platforms for engines you don't want to build for.

Additionally, AMBuild will look in parent directories for SDKs, so you don't actually need to setup any envvars if your directory structure is sane.

Finally, production builds should run configure with the --enable-optimize flag.
I've updated the AMBuild instructions file, I just haven't uploaded a new version of it.

Next step is to modify the default install stuff and test it with the ReadGameSounds extension... got sidetracked this weekend and then lost power at home (which is still out and is supposedly going to be out until Saturday).

Also, here's hoping that my boss doesn't get angry at me for installing Visual Studio 2010 on my laptop while I was working on other things.

Last edited by Powerlord; 11-19-2013 at 15:59.
Mathias.
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2013 , 04:48   Re: Updated SourceMod 1.5 sample extension files
Reply With Quote #10

lol before I saw your post I was compiling my first extension on sourcemod and the first thing I did is I renamed MMSOURCE19 to MMSOURCE110.