Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Making a "thrown" prop_physics rotate upon being "thrown"?

Post New Thread Reply   

404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 02-23-2014 , 19:36   Making a "thrown" prop_physics rotate upon being "thrown"?
Reply With Quote #1

So I'm still puttering away on a series of "Meet the <scrapped grenade name here>" plugins for Team Fortress 2, and I just realized something. Right now when you "throw" something (for example the Frag Grenade), it stays perfectly aligned in mid-air, then obviously bounces properly when it hits the ground.

What I want to do is make the prop_physics rotate when it's "thrown" in a manner similar to what you would see in a game such as Call of Duty.

How do?
arthurdead
Old 02-23-2014 , 19:46   Re: Making a "thrown" prop_physics rotate upon being "thrown"?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewday View Post
So I'm still puttering away on a series of "Meet the <scrapped grenade name here>" plugins for Team Fortress 2, and I just realized something. Right now when you "throw" something (for example the Frag Grenade), it stays perfectly aligned in mid-air, then obviously bounces properly when it hits the ground.

What I want to do is make the prop_physics rotate when it's "thrown" in a manner similar to what you would see in a game such as Call of Duty.

How do?
create a timer and rotate it or set its velocity (i think its in smlib)

Spoiler
MasterOfTheXP
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2014 , 06:43   Re: Making a "thrown" prop_physics rotate upon being "thrown"?
Reply With Quote #3

Good point, I never thought about checking/setting how fast something rotates...could it be the m_vecAngVelocity datamap? Just a guess.
Veteran Member
Old 02-25-2014 , 15:03   Re: Making a "thrown" prop_physics rotate upon being "thrown"?
Reply With Quote #4

a simple forum search will give you the answer