Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]

Post New Thread Reply   

Smeraldo
Old 10-07-2023 , 01:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.4 (24-Sep-2023)]
Reply With Quote #181

"Attacker/victim distance to prevent ReverseFF (0=disable)"
Hello,can you make it to not prevent instead reverse in low distance?
Mystik Spiral
Old 10-07-2023 , 14:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]
Reply With Quote #182

New version 2.8.5 released, see original post for download.

07-Oct-2023 v2.8.5
- Modified the reverseff_proximity console variable to allow for negative values.

Attn: @Smeraldo

When reverseff_proximity is set to a negative value, ignore friendly-fire when the distance between the victim and attacker is greater than abs(reverseff_proximity), and reverseff if the distance between victim and attacker is less than abs(reverseff_proximity).

When reverseff_proximity is set to a positive value, ignore friendly-fire when the distance between the victim and attacker is less than reverseff_proximity and reverseff if the distance between victim and attacker is greater than reverseff_proximity.
Old 10-07-2023 , 21:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]
Reply With Quote #183

Hello Mystik Spiral,

I'd like to suggest a new option for the 'reverseff_admin' parameter. Currently when it's "0" it completely disables damage between admins and other survivors, essentially removing friendly fire from the game. This can sometimes make the game feel less realistic.

My idea is to add another option "-1" that keeps the default friendly fire behavior for admins. In other words admins wouldn't experience reversed friendly fire with this setting, but they could still deal damage to their teammates, and it would also override other settings. For example the 'reverseff_bot' parameter set to "1" wouldn't matter, so admins could damage bots as well with 'reverseff_admin' set to "-1".

Last edited by Automage; 10-07-2023 at 21:25.
Smeraldo
Old 10-08-2023 , 22:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]
Reply With Quote #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
New version 2.8.5 released, see original post for download.

07-Oct-2023 v2.8.5
- Modified the reverseff_proximity console variable to allow for negative values.

Attn: @Smeraldo

When reverseff_proximity is set to a negative value, ignore friendly-fire when the distance between the victim and attacker is greater than abs(reverseff_proximity), and reverseff if the distance between victim and attacker is less than abs(reverseff_proximity).

When reverseff_proximity is set to a positive value, ignore friendly-fire when the distance between the victim and attacker is less than reverseff_proximity and reverseff if the distance between victim and attacker is greater than reverseff_proximity.
Sorry for my poor english,what i mean is that when the distance between the victim and attacker is greater than reverseff_proximity,then reverseff.And when the distance between the victim and attacker is less than reverseff_proximity,then i can shoot someone who suddenly into my screen like vanilla.
Mystik Spiral
Old 10-11-2023 , 17:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]
Reply With Quote #185

@Smeraldo

It is a design goal of this plugin that victims of friendly-fire will never take damage, so it is unlikely I will implement that. However, I am not totally closed to the idea... dumbasses who walk in front of a firing weapon should expect to be shot. I will have to think about this one for a while and consider how it might be implemented. Maybe only when the attacker is crouched and/or already firing without changing their firing angle. Again, probably not something I will implement, but I will think about it.
Old 10-11-2023 , 17:55   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]
Reply With Quote #186

@Automage

Similar to my previous post, it is a design goal of this plugin that victims of friendly-fire will never take damage, so it is unlikely I will implement that.
Old 12-01-2023 , 00:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]
Reply With Quote #187

I use this plugin Extinguisher & Flamethrower

Could you add Reverse Friendly-Fire?
Mystik Spiral
Old 12-04-2023 , 08:14   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]
Reply With Quote #188

@S.A.S If it is not working already, I will have to look at the E&F plugin to see what kind of friendly-fire it is creating. It may take a while but I will look into it.
Old 12-05-2023 , 09:50   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]
Reply With Quote #189

Yes it does not work, there is damage due to the fire extinguisher.

reverseff_bot", "0", "0=Do not ReverseFF if victim is bot, 1=ReverseFF if victim is bot"
It works, but the bots are invulnerable and cannot be killed.
Understand me correctly, there are some maps where bots sometimes get stuck and the only way out is to kill them.
genobee
Old 01-03-2024 , 20:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Reverse Friendly-Fire [v2.8.5 (07-Oct-2023)]
Reply With Quote #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral View Post
@S.A.S If it is not working already, I will have to look at the E&F plugin to see what kind of friendly-fire it is creating. It may take a while but I will look into it.
You can somehow eliminate the invulnerability of the bots. I have several reasons. The main reason is that they get in the way and must be punished. They are clumsy, but others are that they are annoying.

Last edited by genobee; 01-03-2024 at 20:15.