Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Implementation of Freeze Tag gameplay that works alongside normal game types
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Very little feedback and requires the now-outdated duckhacks. Appears to be abandoned. Would love to see it picked back up!
    Old 10-12-2009 , 19:35   [TF2] Freeze Tag
    Reply With Quote #1

Overview

This plugin changes the way combat works in a TF2 match. Rather than being killed, a player is frozen in place and must await a teammate to unfreeze them, or wait X seconds, depending on the value in freezetag_autounfreeze. Teammates unfreeze comrads by attacking them until they reach full health again. Optionally, when an entire team is frozen, a mini humiliation round begins that allows the winning team certain amount of instant-crit time. Once that humiliation round ends, the losing team is respawned and the Freeze Tag mode will either continue or end (depending on the value in freezetag_persistent)

Requirements

Latest version of Dukehacks.

CVARs

freezetag_enabled - Enable or disable the plugin. 1=On, 0=Off (Default: "0")
    freezetag_autounfreeze - Seconds to auto unfreeze frozen players. 0=off (Default: "0.0")
    freezetag_forcerespawn - Should a player be sent back to spawn when auto unfrozen? 1=On, 0=Off (Default: "0")
    freezetag_humiliation - Seconds for the freeze tag mini humiliation round to last. 0=off (Default: "60.0")
    freezetag_melee - Melee only mode. 1=On, 0=Off (Default: "0")
    freezetag_multiplier - Multiplier applied to players attacks on frozen teammates to unfreeze them. 0 to disable completely. (Default: "0.5")
    freezetag_persistent - Keep playing freeze tag after the round has ended. 1=On, 0=Off (Default: "0")
    freezetag_logging - Toggle event logging. 1=On, 0=Off (Default: "1")
    freezetag_debug - Toggle debug logging. 1=On, 0=Off (Default: "0")

Admin Commands

freezetag_unfreeze <targets> - Unfreeze players using target lists (ie: @me, @red, etc) (For testing purposes).
    freezetag_freeze <targets> - Freeze players using target lists (ie: @me, @red, etc) (For testing purposes).
    freezetag_toggle - Toggle the freezetag game mode. Equivalent to setting freezetag_enabled to 1 or 0.

Todo/Bugs
    • Functional detection of Medics healing frozen players. Currently they can be healed to past full health, but won't get unfrozen until actually attacked by a teammate.
    • Mode to enable only one class (Maybe)
    • Disabling Medic auto heal
    • Once, there was an issue with dead ringer causing some server warnings and not activating, but I have yet to duplicate it.
    • Sentries don't ignore frozen players, and they need to. Or sentries in general should be disabled during FT. Or it could be left as-is and make it easy for people to wipe out distracted sentries.
    • Weapons are dropped on death, might need to remove this?
    • Language file support.
    • Vote command support.
    • Humiliation round activates when changelevel is issued on the Server. Caused by mass client disconnects.
    • Ideas on some of these bugs would be greatly appreciated. Such as Medic auto healing fix, and checking for healing.
    Changelog
    Code:
    v1.1
            -Added debugging information and related cvar (WARNING: There's quite a bit of information)
            -Removed some redudant code that was causing a bit of an issue in some rare situations
            -Fixed some bugs that occured on map changes (Humiliation round would carry onto the next map)
            -Fixed bug in GetClientMaxHealth. 
            -Updated commands freezetag_freeze/unfreeze to use a target list
    Notes
    • This is my very first plugin (what can I say, I like to start large), so go easy on me. My coding style may not be top-notch, and I might've added some checks where they're not necessary. Please, if you see ways to optimize or things that aren't necessary, do tell me.
    • Halfway through working on this, someone told me there's a FuG server with another version of Freeze Tag running. There's some major differences between how ours work though, and it's ultimately left up to the end user to decide which one to use (Given they ever release their source to the public).
    • I have not tested this on every game type, and with real people. I've run a few CTF and DM rounds with bots and tested as much as I could. But running a public test server on my computer has proven.. difficult. I'd love it if someone could test this for me, and link me to their server so I can check out how it works for real game environments.
    • A few good settings I've played around with are enabling freeze tag with the map (freezetag_enabled 1), freezetag_persistent 1, freezetag_humiliation 0, freezetag_autounfreeze 300.0, freezetag_forcerespawn 1. This'll embed Freeze Tag into the game and keep Freeze gameplay going continuously, without having humiliation rounds and resets. But I suggest just toying around with the settings till you find something that works.
    • This plugin does set sm_friendlyfire to 1 when a FT Round is running. It returns it to it's original value when the round is done, but I'm just warning you of this.
    Attached Files
    File Type: smx TF2_FreezeTag.smx (15.4 KB, 755 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (TF2_FreezeTag.sp - 735 views - 35.9 KB)

Last edited by Chase; 10-21-2009 at 18:16. Reason: Updated version
    Send a message via MSN to Chase
    PenguinPrince
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 10-13-2009 , 00:40   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
    Reply With Quote #2

Seems pretty cool and well thought out. I will be testing this on one of my servers sometime tonight. I'll let ya know what I think.
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-13-2009 , 01:04   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
    Reply With Quote #3

I'll surely be trying this...
    Drixevel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-13-2009 , 12:08   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
    Reply With Quote #4

Didnt FUG TF2 Make this plugin or did you design it and their using it. o.o im confused.
    Inflikted
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 10-13-2009 , 13:07   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
    Reply With Quote #5

ours (Fug's) was built off MikeJS's freezetag plugin which was a great jumpstart but it has evolved alot more since then to run on all gametypes, freezetag points, 3rd person view of your body when frozen, custom class unfreezetimes, spy unfreeze times depending on whether they are cloaked/uncloaked or disguised. and more coming soon

we've been watching your plugin Chase on your blog since we heard you were working on it, nice job on your first SM plugin
    Drixevel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-15-2009 , 13:54   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
    Reply With Quote #6

Im gonna use this as one of my weekly event plugins. My others are matchmod, randomizer, and custom maps.
    Chase
    Old 10-15-2009 , 16:48   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
    Reply With Quote #7

Has anyone actually tested this yet? Because I wanted to continue with some features, but I was hoping to get all the basic bug fixes out of the way first.

Also, r3dw3r3w0lf, your server sounds interesting. I might try it out at some point.
    Old 10-15-2009 , 19:30   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
    Reply With Quote #8

I will be trying this tonight...gonna be making a 24/7 server. 69.28.220.103:27016
    Soccermom
    Old 10-15-2009 , 20:04   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
    Reply With Quote #9

You should definitely make this for [CSS]
    Chase
    Old 10-16-2009 , 01:02   Re: [TF2] Freeze Tag
    Reply With Quote #10

For CSS Freeze Tag, you might want to look at http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=103192

I haven't glanced at it myself, so I'm not sure whether or not it's similar, but there it is.