Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?

Post New Thread Reply   

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-18-2008 , 12:01   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #11

I will release a beta copy for you guys after work tonight to play with and make recommendations\comments.
Old 03-18-2008 , 12:48   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #12

Waiting for post...
Old 03-18-2008 , 12:53   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #13

You could sell this shit...
SCHWEDEN
Old 03-18-2008 , 15:36   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #14

Make it linux!

Send a message via MSN to SCHWEDEN
Jheshka
Old 03-18-2008 , 16:45   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #15

It's for a cellphone, not an operating system?
Old 03-18-2008 , 17:29   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #16

Well he wrote:

Quote:
It is coded for Windows only, in VB6.
And my server is running on linux. Maybe it doesnt matter?

YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-18-2008 , 17:31   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #17

Server OS doesn't matter. It is the OS of the computer you use it on

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-19-2008 , 01:13   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #18

Ok guys here it is. You will need the VB6 runtime dll to run this. If you do not have it, download one of the programs in my signature and it will be in the zip (msvbmv60.dll); I'm pretty sure it is included in one of the ms service packs so you prob already have it. Also, mswinsock.ocx is required and is included in the zip but you may already have it as well.

To use it, open it and enter your server IP and port and click Enable. If the log says it successfully connected to RCON then you are good to go.

With your phone you must use your Internet IP and not your LAN IP. If you do not know what it is, go to www.ipchicken.com. Once you get your IP, navigate your phones browser to http://(internetIP). Example http://74.124.22.52

When you connect with your phone you will receive a page with 2 edit boxes, 1 for the command and 1 for your rcon password. The command is NOT case sensitive so don't worry about casing it correctly. The password IS case sensitive so case it properly. Browsers should remember (mine does) text entered in an editbox so I only have to type the first letter of my pw (or a command) and I get a dropdown with it written out so you will not have to type it every time.

I manually formatted how a status command is displayed so it will look neat (as seen in screenshot in first post) and I did what I could to make everything look nice. I am thinking of putting links for common commands on the main command page so things wont have to be typed out every time. Allowing the user to add their own custom WML coding to the main command page is also a possibility. We will see what happens.

I ran it today and sent it commands all day while at work and it was still working when I got home so it seems pretty stable.

Enjoy

EDIT: New release allows you to specify WAP server port. If you hadn't done so already, be sure to forward the selected WAP port to your WAP server PC in your router settings. Also did a few fixes so if you had any problems with the first one, this copy may have solved the problem.

Screenshot:
Attached Files
File Type: zip WAPServerControl02.zip (70.0 KB, 304 views)

Last edited by Bugsy; 03-20-2008 at 00:23.
SCHWEDEN
Old 03-19-2008 , 05:05   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #19

Must i run it on the server computer? What if you have a website on the same IP :S. I mean, if i go to the ip of my server, i see my website...

BTW: Really nice job!

Last edited by SCHWEDEN; 03-19-2008 at 05:08.
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 03-19-2008 , 08:58   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #20

SCHWEDEN: You really are dense aren't you... Try it and you will see if it works for you. If you looked at the most recent screeshot, you would see that it would still work regardless your question you just asked

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).