Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Any Module Ideas

Post New Thread Reply   

Votorx
Old 01-26-2005 , 18:52  
Reply With Quote #11

Eh forget it, after lookin at the source again it would take too much time (time I don't have) to fully understand it.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2005 , 14:48  
Reply With Quote #12

PM, well I guess you are right, that is possible....! And call a forward when real results are in.
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 01-27-2005 , 23:52  
Reply With Quote #13

BAILOPAN:
Couldnt you do a sort of "fake" multi-threading system, by putting the identifications of the tasks <for example> you want to be threaded into a priority list, and then simply executing them in order? You could also have it sort by priority.

For example, you make a simple linked list, each peice storing the id of the task you want to eventually execute, and a priority number, 1-10. Higher priority go in front of lower ones, and every interval, the top of the list gets executed, and deleted from the priority list.

So, in essense, it would be a simple sorting linked list, sorting by priority, and then every interval, getting the data from the first of the list <besides the handler>, and deleting that list, then running the id.

basically:
Head handler
tasks < sorted by priority>
Tail handler

You throw a new id and priority to the head, it sends it down till its sorted or reaches the tail, and is put above the tail, priority values of the same value force the new value into a new <box> above the one with the same priority *because newer things get top priority in their section*, and then every interval the top of the tasks section is executed.

Maybe this isnt what you were asking for when you meant "multi-threading", but thats an example of how a simple linked list could make a multi-threading LIKE module, for tasks at least
< provided of course, that you can find out what a task executes based on its id number, or change its time-till execute based on its id >.

Sorry if I'm wrong in any way shape or form.
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2005 , 11:37  
Reply With Quote #14

I would love to see SQLite, I dont have the background to do this, so I would ask someone else. Would make it easier for all those ppl out there that DONT have access to an SQL to use alot of the cooler plugins that do use SQL. Have the option that if one of the sql modules is loaded it uses them, if its SQLite, it uses it.

Cheers!
Old 01-28-2005 , 12:23  
Reply With Quote #15

Okay, but then you've just written your own scheduler.

I don't think that's really necessary here.
bad
Old 01-28-2005 , 14:22  
Reply With Quote #16

I guess I dont really understand what a multi-threading module would do then ^^
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2005 , 05:48  
Reply With Quote #17

You let a program use more processes. Normally if there's a slow task in the original process, it will block the coming tasks until the slow task is done. The idea is to put slow tasks in their own processes thereby letting them take their own time while everything else run.
harbu
Old 01-29-2005 , 12:54  
Reply With Quote #18

Updating the SQL Module to SQL 4.1 compatible would be a nice 'Idea'
Send a message via MSN to harbu
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 01-29-2005 , 21:09  
Reply With Quote #19

Oh I see.
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2005 , 08:58  
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zor
I would love to see SQLite, I dont have the background to do this, so I would ask someone else. Would make it easier for all those ppl out there that DONT have access to an SQL to use alot of the cooler plugins that do use SQL. Have the option that if one of the sql modules is loaded it uses them, if its SQLite, it uses it.

Cheers!
I made a sqlite module.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...?p=89013#92598

Works for me but it could sure use some testing.
The sql syntax of sqlite is rather limited I'm afraid. It doesn't even understand the three last words of "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS"...

I don't really know what SQL standard Sqlite conforms to, but its own... You really can't take any plugin using SQL and expect to use it on Sqlite unless the plugin author makes necessary changes to the SQL code.

Sqlite syntax http://www.sqlite.org/lang.html

The Sqlite module implements 3.0.8.