Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[L4D1+2] Perkmod

Post New Thread Reply   

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 08-29-2009 , 18:02   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #181

People who don't know how to search for scrds or cevo servers just dont deserve better.
tPoncho
Old 08-30-2009 , 21:29   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #182

Well... having been away from the casual gamer side of L4D for longer than I'd like, it's nice to know that more than a few servers have elected to use my plugin ^^

@ AtomicStryker: Once again, you're a genius =) and thanks for catching that missing code, a lot of people probably got screwed over by that =X probably going to tweak cooldown times for Spirit since black-and-white health is now just as dangerous to Spirit guys as it is for non-Spirit guys...

And while I was working on the plugin a little earlier, I noticed that some things may not be working as advertised... namely, Spirit and Helping Hand are not being disabled properly outside of campaign mode if "l4d_perkmod_spirit_enable" or "l4d_perkmod_helpinghand_enable" are set to 0. They should otherwise work if "...<perkname>_enable_convarchanges" is set to 0, though. I'll have this fixed with the upcoming version.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2009 , 02:49   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by tPoncho View Post
Well... having been away from the casual gamer side of L4D for longer than I'd like, it's nice to know that more than a few servers have elected to use my plugin ^^
Well, you may be pleased to know that in Garena, whenever a new player (who havent played on my host yet) joins me, the first thing he types in chat is either !perks or !points, though i decided to not use these for now, since they dont fit my gameplay.
Old 08-31-2009 , 04:21   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #184

Can You make a universal system of perks?
A separate file in which (name of the perk, description, properties) and which can be changed whithout compilling for adding new perks.

Another property that would have been a percentage, rather than fixing. Plugin looks a value at the moment, and changes it to the percentage specified in the perks.
There will be no conflicts with other plug-ins!

It would be great!

I apologize for machine translation = (
Send a message via ICQ to 286
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2009 , 08:48   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #185

A suggestion:

Since there are people that prefer not to use the Perk mod, it would be a nice feature to add a possibility to vote for disabling the mod. I see it happen a lot that people start their game and see the Perk mod and then return to Lobby to find another server.

As an admin, I don't think it is even possible to just unload the mod without the possibility of leaving some chosen perks on? If the mod is disabled, does it change the perk modified values to the original ones?
olj
Veteran Member
Old 09-02-2009 , 09:22   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
A suggestion:

Since there are people that prefer not to use the Perk mod, it would be a nice feature to add a possibility to vote for disabling the mod. I see it happen a lot that people start their game and see the Perk mod and then return to Lobby to find another server.

As an admin, I don't think it is even possible to just unload the mod without the possibility of leaving some chosen perks on? If the mod is disabled, does it change the perk modified values to the original ones?
You can use custom vote for this.

As for reverting changes on plugin unload there is OnPluginEnd function which can be used for this. I hope the author will implement this.
Old 09-04-2009 , 20:19   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #187

New version! Check out the first post for details, biggest changes are:
- Spirit no longer resets the 3-knockdown rule, but the self-revive doesn't count towards it.
- Bots can receive random perks.
- Disabling a perk really disables it.
- You can disable entire perk trees, which will also hide that tree from the perk menus.
tPoncho
Old 09-04-2009 , 20:22   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #188

@ olj: The author totally did not think of that =) Implemented some code so that it'll reset cvars - but only if the underlying perk is enabled and has permission to change cvars. And, btw, that is nice to know =)

@ muukis: Hm, with the new version you can disable any number of perks you like, and the players won't even know it =P so you can keep like one or two perks active and disable the rest.
GrossKopf
Old 09-05-2009 , 06:47   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by perk View Post
Sorry but i really think this mod is killing our lovely game, with tons of cheats. You now have difficulties to find a server without this "virus" on, and it's so saaaaaad! I miss the old days when this plug wasn't here. It is good work yes but i repeat it KILL the game!!!!!!!!!!!! why don't use sv_cheats 1 with perkmod too ? ........................ i'm so sad the half the server i find have this plug v_v
L4D servers cost around $10/month. Go rent your own and play on it exclusively.
Jackbhoy
Old 09-05-2009 , 16:21   Re: [L4D] Perkmod
Reply With Quote #190

Hey, does anyone else get the bug where on the no mercy rooftop finale in versus you can only click the radio once or sometimes not even at all to set off the event?