Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D/L4D2] Self-Help (Reloaded) | 0.3 : October 11, 2019 |

Post New Thread Reply   

edwinvega86
Old 03-15-2018 , 05:58   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Self-Help (Improved & Rewritten)
Reply With Quote #51

now it works but you still hear the sound of incapacitation, the sound is eliminated only when a companion helps to lebantarse, the car helps with the kit does not restore incapacitations, having the melee weapon and being disabled and self-help remains with the gun that use and not with the melee, but it reappears when a conpanero helps to lean. perdon por mi mal ingles.
ReCreator
Old 03-15-2018 , 20:37   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Self-Help (Improved & Rewritten)
Reply With Quote #52

Your advice to remove "weapon_spawns" helped me, thanks!
But puddleofyouhit.wav still playing after selfhelp...
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2018 , 22:55   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Self-Help (Improved & Rewritten)
Reply With Quote #53

Hmm, the "puddleofyou" sound should stop playing the moment when the player is not incapacitated anymore... Unless you have an addon that modifies the game sounds.

As for the medkit fully reviving the player, I'll make a cvar to choose between full healing or the same way that pills do when used for self-helping.

As for the melee weapon getting replaced with pistols, this is why I made forwards for other plugins to use them so you will have to manually edit those plugins to fix the issue.
edwinvega86
Old 03-16-2018 , 02:39   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Self-Help (Improved & Rewritten)
Reply With Quote #54

these are the complements that I use.
there is another sound when the survivor is hanging and self-help that sound is maintained, if the survivor is hung and black and white and self-help with kit, the survivor is still black and white but no longer with the white aura.

remove several plugins to test this is the list you use.

admin-flatfile.smx
adminmenu.smx
basecommands.smx
black_and_white_notifier.smx
self_help.smx

new_ammo_packs-l4d2.txt

or the problem is the sourcemod version that I use, this time do not use the stripper. forgive my english.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2018 , 02:37   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Self-Help (Improved & Rewritten)
Reply With Quote #55

Hi, still can't download plugin from OP. Do I have to download the .sp and compile myself?
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 06-18-2018 , 06:18   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Self-Help (Improved & Rewritten)
Reply With Quote #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
Hi, still can't download plugin from OP. Do I have to download the .sp and compile myself?
Yep. You need to compile with the self_help.inc file which is also on the main post.
Old 07-04-2018 , 04:37   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Self-Help (Improved & Rewritten)
Reply With Quote #57

A couple of things after having tested this thing for a week:

- The logic for not killing attacking infected doesn't make sense if the cvar is set to not kill them on revive. The health item is used and the user is still pinned by the SI. Maybe make them stumble back like getting shot with explosive ammo if the cvar is set to not kill them after self revive.

- If players don't have any health items in inventory then the revive animation bar should be disabled together with a message in chat informing them they can't revive due to no health items. In current state they can still go through the revive motion and remain down (some players found this confusing).

Last edited by Mr. Man; 07-04-2018 at 04:46.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 07-04-2018 , 07:12   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Self-Help (Improved & Rewritten)
Reply With Quote #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Man View Post
[...]
Neat suggestions! Now, I know why the plugin felt incomplete and the first one pointed it out.

Although, I am quite confused by the second suggestion. Care to clarify that or send screenshots so I can understand better?
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 07-04-2018 , 07:12   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Self-Help (Improved & Rewritten)
Reply With Quote #59

Why do you delete your posts after replying to someone? What if I want to know the answer to a question someone asked?

You use AcceptEntityInput(iUsedItem, "Kill"); and RemoveEdict(iUsedItem); - Choose one don't use both, and my advice is use the former since the latter can crash servers.

You use FindConVar all over the place when you should cache in OnPluginStart since it's a resource intensive command using a lot of CPU cycles. Luckily it seems latest versions of SourceMod cache it.

You should be pushing GetClientUserId into timers and GetClientOfUserId to check if you're really affecting the same client. Not all your timers do this. It's the same with entities: EntRefToEntIndex > EntIndexToEntRef

Why do you suggest people delete _spawn stuff? Make your plugin work with it those ents instead of messing up peoples gameplay.

Still waiting for the 'Improved' part.
Old 07-04-2018 , 09:14   Re: [L4D/L4D2] Self-Help (Improved & Rewritten)
Reply With Quote #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Why do you delete your posts after replying to someone? What if I want to know the answer to a question someone asked?
I deleted them because all were just update notifications.

Quote:
You use AcceptEntityInput(iUsedItem, "Kill"); and RemoveEdict(iUsedItem); - Choose one don't use both, and my advice is use the former since the latter can crash servers.
I already know this but... better be safe than sorry.

Quote:
You use FindConVar all over the place when you should cache in OnPluginStart since it's a resource intensive command using a lot of CPU cycles. Luckily it seems latest versions of SourceMod cache it.

You should be pushing GetClientUserId into timers and GetClientOfUserId to check if you're really affecting the same client. Not all your timers do this. It's the same with entities: EntRefToEntIndex > EntIndexToEntRef

Why do you suggest people delete _spawn stuff? Make your plugin work with it those ents instead of messing up peoples gameplay.
I am busy and I have minimal time to do all these.

Quote:
Still waiting for the 'Improved' part.
If you want, you could help fix it instead of what you're doing right now.

Last edited by cravenge; 07-04-2018 at 09:15.