Raised This Month: $261 Target: $400
 65% 

Notices

[TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Argentina
Plugin ID:
4423
Plugin Version:
0.2.4
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
     
    Plugin Description:
    A new dodgeball plugin with speedometer where you can play as any class!
    Old 11-21-2014 , 11:50   [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
    Reply With Quote #1

    Dodgeball Reduxfor TF2

    Logo by FacundoCabanne (DeviantArt)
    Description
    A rewrite based on both asherkin's and Damizean's plugin.

    Features
    Spoiler


    Configs
    Spoiler


    Changelog
    Spoiler

    Installation instructions
    Place the dodgeball_redux.smx in your sourcemod/plugins/ folder.
    Place configs files on sourcemod/configs/dodgeball_redux/
    Also you can add map-specific spawners on sourcemod/configs/dodgeball_redux/maps/tfdb_mapname.cfg
    You need the tf2items extension and the steamtools extension for this plugin. It also requires tf2attributes.

    IMPORTANT: If you don't like a feature, you can easily disable it from the config file, read it all before asking in for help.

    Credit
    Both asherkin and Damizean for their original plugins.
    Also thanks to Powerlod, Chdata, and everyone who helped/gave me feedback!


    Note: I'll keep updating this plugin with anyrequest comes up and also I'll keep improving it's code.
    Sorry for my bad English and my code.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip dodgeball_redux_0.2.4.zip (76.4 KB, 2421 views)

    Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 09-28-2015 at 15:01.
    ClassicGuzzi is offline
    ReFlexPoison
    ☠☠☠
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: United States
    Old 11-21-2014 , 12:19   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux
    Reply With Quote #2

    Why would you take so many of the configurations from the original out?
    • Multiple rocket types
    • Multiple rockets
    • Sounds
    __________________
    ReFlexPoison is offline
    ClassicGuzzi
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Location: Argentina
    Old 11-21-2014 , 12:26   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux
    Reply With Quote #3

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison View Post
    Why would you take so many of the configurations from the original out?
    • Multiple rocket types
    • Multiple rockets
    • Sounds
    Because this started as a custom plugin for my server. We never play with multiples rockets and the nuke is fun at first but I never use it. This plugins uses 2 sounds (for spawn and for alert).

    I know that "yet another dodgeball plugin" had a lot of customization but the code it's really messy because of that. This plugin is for those who want a simple plugin with one rocket and the featured I added.

    I wont add more "classes" but I think that I will add multiple rockets some time, and maybe a cvar to control models and sound.
    ClassicGuzzi is offline
    ReFlexPoison
    ☠☠☠
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: United States
    Old 11-21-2014 , 12:29   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux
    Reply With Quote #4

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
    I know that "yet another dodgeball plugin" had a lot of customization but the code it's really messy because of that.
    I've checked the code for the old Dodgeball plugin and have been able to easily change things that I need. It's pretty clean for a config parser. I do like the changes you implemented into this however I don't suggest removing features at the same time.
    __________________
    ReFlexPoison is offline
    ClassicGuzzi
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Location: Argentina
    Old 11-21-2014 , 12:34   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux
    Reply With Quote #5

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison View Post
    I've checked the code for the old Dodgeball plugin and have been able to easily change things that I need. It's pretty clean for a config parser. I do like the changes you implemented into this however I don't suggest removing features at the same time.
    As I said:
    Note: I'll keep updating this plugin with anyrequest comes up and also I'll keep improving it's code.

    I'm not that good coding so I will add those features back. I just wanted to make a fully functional plugin first, and get some feedback.
    Tell me exactly what features do you want the most and I'll work on it!
    ClassicGuzzi is offline
    friagram
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: Silicon Valley
    Old 11-22-2014 , 16:05   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux
    Reply With Quote #6

    i JUST LOVE mods where the graphic/banner takes up more space/margins than my screen can show

    This kind of thing is ok I think, but you should improve it some.
    Like, use tf2attributes/tf2items to manage changing weapons so players can use their existing items. Also, adding in some customization to the rockets is good.. At least some rocket types like models/scales/etc.
    __________________
    Profile - Steam Group - Plugins - Blog - Donate
    Add me on steam if you are seeking sp/map/model commissions.
    friagram is offline
    Negratius
    Member
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Old 11-24-2014 , 11:31   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux
    Reply With Quote #7

    Haven't had time to test it but:

    Will it count kills and projectiles reflected on strange flame throwers?
    __________________

    _______________px. Negratius________________


    Negratius is offline
    Send a message via MSN to Negratius
    ClassicGuzzi
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Oct 2013
    Location: Argentina
    Old 11-24-2014 , 11:57   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux
    Reply With Quote #8

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Negratius View Post
    Haven't had time to test it but:

    Will it count kills and projectiles reflected on strange flame throwers?
    No right now, because the way it works. It strips the player from every weapon and it gives him a normal flamethrower.

    I will modify it to do what friagram said, I will just edit the current player's weapon.

    By the way, is there any way to prevent the player for taunt-killing with the rainblower? I also want to prevent the looping sound bug of the degreaser but I don't know if there is any way to do it, without changing the player's weapon.

    Also, the rocketbounce plugin don't work really well with this dodgeball, I'm looking into it too.
    ClassicGuzzi is offline
    Negratius
    Member
    Join Date: Feb 2013
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Old 11-24-2014 , 19:13   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux
    Reply With Quote #9

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
    No right now, because the way it works. It strips the player from every weapon and it gives him a normal flamethrower.

    I will modify it to do what friagram said, I will just edit the current player's weapon.

    By the way, is there any way to prevent the player for taunt-killing with the rainblower? I also want to prevent the looping sound bug of the degreaser but I don't know if there is any way to do it, without changing the player's weapon.

    Also, the rocketbounce plugin don't work really well with this dodgeball, I'm looking into it too.
    That option for not removing the weps would be awesome
    The people that plays on my servers like that it's currently counting kills and reflects

    idk nothing about the taunt kill =/

    Good luck on fixing the rocket bounce

    __________________

    _______________px. Negratius________________


    Negratius is offline
    Send a message via MSN to Negratius
    narugo
    Member
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Location: São Paulo - Brazil
    Old 11-26-2014 , 13:48   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux
    Reply With Quote #10

    any idea how to change this?
    new Handle:hItem = TF2Items_CreateItem(FORCE_GENERATION | OVERRIDE_CLASSNAME | OVERRIDE_ITEM_DEF | OVERRIDE_ITEM_LEVEL | OVERRIDE_ITEM_QUALITY | OVERRIDE_ATTRIBUTES);

    and use Pyro primary weapon from loadout set and also "preserve-attributes" "1"?

    and for prevent use of others weapons try it TF2_RemoveWeaponSlot(client, TFWeaponSlot_Secondary);

    PS: about taunt kill you can reduce damage given by it.
    __________________

    Last edited by narugo; 11-26-2014 at 13:49.
    narugo is offline
    Send a message via Skype™ to narugo
    Reply


    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:44.


    Powered by vBulletin®
    Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    Theme made by Freecode