Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] RulesOverlays [v.1.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 12-27-2012 , 19:52   Re: [ANY] RulesOverlays [v.1.0]
Reply With Quote #11

Would definitely be cool if admins (with an admin flag) could be made to not have to agree to the rules since our admins sometimes end up jumping in and out of servers to help with things. Would be what made this plugin useable for us.

(And a maybe a menu instead which has them press a key to agree instead of typing !agree)....just a thought.
animalnots
Old 12-28-2012 , 05:43   Re: [ANY] RulesOverlays [v.1.0]
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
Would definitely be cool if admins (with an admin flag) could be made to not have to agree to the rules since our admins sometimes end up jumping in and out of servers to help with things. Would be what made this plugin useable for us.

(And a maybe a menu instead which has them press a key to agree instead of typing !agree)....just a thought.
Menu will make it easier for players not to read it at all, just to press 1 or 2 button. For multiple servers I can think of mysql database connection that will synchronize all servers, so if one agrees once, he is never asked again on other server.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 12-28-2012 , 13:59   Re: [ANY] RulesOverlays [v.1.0]
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalnots View Post
Menu will make it easier for players not to read it at all, just to press 1 or 2 button. For multiple servers I can think of mysql database connection that will synchronize all servers, so if one agrees once, he is never asked again on other server.

THAT, is an EXCELLENT IDEA!!!!!!!
captaindeterprimary
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-28-2012 , 16:35   Re: [ANY] RulesOverlays [v.1.0]
Reply With Quote #14

That is a good idea. How ever may be make it so that it has a menu list of words that they must must chose the correct one out of, and have to read the rules to find that word to chose. Only like 4 would work right? Example: RULES: BLAH BLAH BLAH RULES, THE WORD IS FLOOR. IF YOU AGREE THEN CHOOSE THE WORD FROM THE LIST.

Words
1. RAWR
2. CATS
3. FLOOR
4. TACOS

And okay after some thought (and some trolls infesting my server) maybe have it so admins do just have to pick 1. Agree (Enter) 2. Disagree (Be kicked till you learn better). With "b" flag.

Also would it be possible to make it so player are not able to spawn (stuck in spec) until they agree as a cvar?
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s

Last edited by captaindeterprimary; 12-28-2012 at 16:50.
animalnots
Old 12-31-2012 , 02:54   Re: [ANY] RulesOverlays [v.1.0]
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman315 View Post
That is a good idea. How ever may be make it so that it has a menu list of words that they must must chose the correct one out of, and have to read the rules to find that word to chose. Only like 4 would work right? Example: RULES: BLAH BLAH BLAH RULES, THE WORD IS FLOOR. IF YOU AGREE THEN CHOOSE THE WORD FROM THE LIST.

Words
1. RAWR
2. CATS
3. FLOOR
4. TACOS
For each different word you should have a different overlay. Is that ok?
Quote:
And okay after some thought (and some trolls infesting my server) maybe have it so admins do just have to pick 1. Agree (Enter) 2. Disagree (Be kicked till you learn better). With "b" flag.

Also would it be possible to make it so player are not able to spawn (stuck in spec) until they agree as a cvar?
I think spawn is possible, but then I need to use hooks.
About menu, do you want it only for admins?? Why ? Can't they just type once "ok" or whatever trigger you set???
captaindeterprimary
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-31-2012 , 09:53   Re: [ANY] RulesOverlays [v.1.0]
Reply With Quote #16

Yea the different overlays is fine. And what every want to do I can work with it.

I will try it when I get some time, I am working full time and just picked up a new group of servers to manage.
Last edited by ; Today at 08:20 AM. Reason: Get rid of s
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2013 , 06:40   Re: [ANY] RulesOverlays [v.1.0]
Reply With Quote #17

I have two Questions about this:

First: Does everyone have to !agree everytime, they connect or worse: Do they have to !agree on every mapchange?

Second: Is there a way to not show the overlay to Admins with the kickflag and higher?
Old 05-08-2013 , 04:57   Re: [ANY] RulesOverlays [v.1.0]
Reply With Quote #18

Use a sourcemod menu that generates a random key using say, three digits consisting of 1234 in random order, and have them key it in the menu, and tell them what to enter in the title.. Add like back reset, 0 exit. This would be easier than a command. Just make it pop back up or cancel other menus.
dcx2
Old 05-13-2013 , 13:28   Re: [ANY] RulesOverlays [v.1.0]
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by micazoid View Post
I have two Questions about this:

First: Does everyone have to !agree everytime, they connect or worse: Do they have to !agree on every mapchange?

Second: Is there a way to not show the overlay to Admins with the kickflag and higher?
A couple replies above, the author says that it uses a local database to remember when a player has agreed to the rules and it will not show the rules to that person anymore.

As far as the admin kickflag thing, it can probably happen easily, but the admin only has to type !agree once and it's gone forever.

Perhaps this database feature should be more prominently mentioned in the first post. I think this would be a great way for me to explain the various mods running on my server to newbs without pestering the regulars.

Last edited by dcx2; 05-13-2013 at 13:30.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2013 , 14:58   Re: [ANY] RulesOverlays [v.1.0]
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Perhaps this database feature should be more prominently mentioned in the first post. I think this would be a great way for me to explain the various mods running on my server to newbs without pestering the regulars.
Thank you very much. And yepp this was _exactly_ the function I will give it on my War3Source CSS Server =)

Edit:
Reading again first post brought a suggestion to my mind:
How about a cmd like sm_roshow <ID|Name|IP> to trigger the rules overlay again for someone who didnt read it, and asks questions which would be answered by the overlay?

Last edited by micazoid; 05-13-2013 at 15:00.