[CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans

Post New Thread Reply   

shanapu
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2017 , 21:41   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by databomb View Post
... it does not appear SourceBans is modular and this is a problem for us.

Here are some options for how we could proceed:
(1) Make a "patch" program which would go in and look for certain code segments in SourceBans and then replace text.
(2) Provide the modified PHP SourceBans files and hope there are no critical updates.
(3) Make a basic PHP page outside of SourceBans.

How common is SourceBans these days? And does anyone have any PHP experience to help?
I started three times to get into the sb++ code to add CTBans without success. For me it's very hard to understand their framework without docs (are there docs for this?).
Another problem I faced while tinkering ctbans into it was the periodically updates back then of sb++ which broke my small progress.

So I started work on 'MyPanel' which I still wanna finish and release.
But right now it's an ugly Frankenstein on backend, ugly unformatted code, partly bad performance, all features bumbled together. Far away from modular.
And this is the main problem why I havn't finish it yet, I have to find a solution to make this modular, so everyone can only use the parts they need.

In the meantime boomix teasered his Admin Panel & some russian guys forked sourcebans to SourceBans Material Admin.
So I paused the work for a while.
I thought an implementation into one of these two would be maybe
1) easier and
2) get better acceptance in the community than sb & mypanel.

summary - I don't know what would be the best way for a ctban webpart.

PS: IIRC, the sm devs on irc didn't have any good words for sourcebans.
PPS: IIRC there are some well-known members of this forum who sell ctbans for sb(++?)...

Last edited by shanapu; 10-19-2017 at 20:44.
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2017 , 23:49   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripix View Post
Update French Translate
French translations added to OP! Merci
Old 09-09-2017 , 23:55   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanapu View Post
I started three times to get into the sb++ code to add CTBans without success. For me it's very hard to understand their framework without docs (are there docs for this?).
Another problem I faced while tinkering ctbans into it was the periodically updates back then of sb++ which broke my small progress.

But right now it's an ugly Frankenstein on backend, ugly unformatted code, partly bad performance, all features bumbled together. Far away from modular.
And this is the main problem why I havn't finish it yet, I have to find a solution to make this modular, so everyone can only use the parts they need.

In the meantime boomix teasered his Admin Panel & some russian guys forked sourcebans to SourceBans Material Admin.
1) easier and

PPS: IIRC there are some well-known members of this forum who sell ctbans for sb(++?)...
Hmm, not sure who is selling it except maybe Zephyrus worked on one implementation. It was a lot of tweaking to many SourceBans files to get CTBans working correctly with the full admin capabilities of removing, editing, and the like.

I'm not sure if it would be something I would be comfortable releasing or selling just knowing that any small tweak in SourceBans would break the system.
Old 09-10-2017 , 13:34   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanapu View Post

1) easier and

@shanapu nice work on this so far by the way! How are you handling admin access for adding/removing CTBans? I see the Steam OpenID link but not sure what you check it against. That is one reason I liked SourceBans was I could rely on SourceBans to determine who should have access.
Old 09-30-2017 , 18:07   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #355

While more full-featured solutions are explored, here is a simple list of the CT Bans with no additional features:

http://64.94.100.209/ctbans-list.php

The PHP is added to the original post as a TXT file. The installation is to put the TXT file on a web-server with PHP and SQL modules installed, rename it to a PHP file, and configure the following parameters in the PHP file:

$server (localhost or IP address or IP Address: Port of server)
$username (addons/sourcemod/configs/databases.cfg username)
$password (addons/sourcemod/configs/databases.cfg password)
$database (addons/sourcemod/configs/databases.cfg database)

Optional:
$table_prefix (if you have one configured in your ctbans config file)
$results_per_page (if you dislike 15)

Last edited by databomb; 09-30-2017 at 18:10.
whtevrwt
AlliedModders Donor
Old 09-30-2017 , 19:36   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #356

Quote:
While more full-featured solutions are explored, here is a simple list of the CT Bans with no additional features:

http://64.94.100.209/ctbans-list.php

The PHP is added to the original post as a TXT file. The installation is to put the TXT file on a web-server with PHP and SQL modules installed, rename it to a PHP file, and configure the following parameters in the PHP file:

$server (localhost or IP address or IP Address: Port of server)
$username (addons/sourcemod/configs/databases.cfg username)
$password (addons/sourcemod/configs/databases.cfg password)
$database (addons/sourcemod/configs/databases.cfg database)

Optional:
$table_prefix (if you have one configured in your ctbans config file)
$results_per_page (if you dislike 15)
In the database I get this for the timestamp, timeleft and bantime:

How would I be able to get it to the time you have it?
Old 09-30-2017 , 21:29   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #357

For the timestamp, the database value is an integer which you have to convert to a date using the PHP function:
PHP Code:
 date('r'$row["timestamp"]) 
where $row is the variable for the row. The others are in minutes except you have to translate a couple things like bantime 0 is Permanent and timeleft -1 is an expired/removed CT Ban.
Old 09-30-2017 , 22:09   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #358

Quote:
For the timestamp, the database value is an integer which you have to convert to a date using the PHP function:
PHP Code:
 date('r'$row["timestamp"]) 
where $row is the variable for the row. The others are in minutes except you have to translate a couple things like bantime 0 is Permanent and timeleft -1 is an expired/removed CT Ban.
Ah ok. Thanks. This would always puzzle me.
Old 10-17-2017 , 10:54   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #359

How are people getting this to be added to sourcebans? i cant even get it to work in my server i added all the files and a line in databases.cfg
"CTbans"
{
"driver" "default"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "sourcemod"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
//"timeout" "0"
//"port" "0"
}
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2017 , 19:27   Re: [CS:S/CS:GO] CT Bans
Reply With Quote #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1994Op View Post
How are people getting this to be added to sourcebans? i cant even get it to work in my server i added all the files and a line in databases.cfg
"CTbans"
{
"driver" "default"
"host" "localhost"
"database" "sourcemod"
"user" "root"
"pass" ""
//"timeout" "0"
//"port" "0"
}
chris, the first step is to configure CTBans to use the sourcebans database. If there is a sourcebans entry in your databases.cfg already then you would change your sm_ctban_database_driver convar in the /cfg/sourcemod/ctban.cfg to be the same name -- usually it is just "sourcebans".

If you also want web integration with SourceBans then it is possible but nothing is publicly released. SourceBans is not modular so getting it working is fine but then updating it becomes an issue.