Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D Vote Manager 2

Post New Thread Reply   

ProdigyXP
Old 11-28-2009 , 19:59   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #301

I am having a problem with custom votes in L4D2. When I create a custom vote, it works as it should, but the vote never clears from the screen. Even if everyone votes or I force a passvote or veto. This is also preventing me from launching any other votes, so I have to leave the server to clear it. Can anyone else confirm this on their server as well? (version 1.5.5)
madcap
Old 11-29-2009 , 09:02   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Kiro View Post
Any updates on this? This was one of my favorite plugins and I'd like this in L4D2.
What sort of update are you looking for? The majority of the functionality works just fine.

I have also experienced multiple people getting disconnected at the same time and there was no voting going on when it happened, I think that is a L4D2 bug.

Can anyone confirm custom vote problems?
DiRgE
Old 11-29-2009 , 09:27   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #303

Even without Vote Manager 2 ppl get disconnect on my 8 vs 8!
Gixxer
Old 11-29-2009 , 12:15   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #304

I've been running this for a few days and no disconnections present.
Svuppe
Old 11-30-2009 , 02:23   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #305

I have started running SM on my L4D2 servers again. I removed some of the other plugins that are present with a standard SM installation, and I haven't seen the disconnects after that.

On another note. Madcap: I have a suggestion for your plugin.
It is fine that persons initiating a vote is prevented from starting further votes for some time. But in L4D (1 and 2) I often see someone trying to vote a person off the server. The first vote fails, but then someone else tries the same, against the same person.
My suggestion is to give the person voted upon, temporary immunity for a configurable amount of time, if the initial vote fails of course. Then noone can "gang up" against an individual, trying to kick him several times in a short timespan.

I have tried to modify your plugin to add this functionality. It seems to work fine, but I haven't tested it much. If you are interested, and if you agree that this feature is a good idea in the first place, you can have my modification and work on a proper version from there.
danmala
Old 11-30-2009 , 09:42   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #306

works great in l4d2, linux
bondman007
Old 12-03-2009 , 18:27   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #307

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcap View Post
Can anyone confirm custom vote problems?
I can confirm the same issue with the custom vote not ending or disappearing from the screen. As the other person said, no other votes can be called from that point forward because the vote is still in progress.
GM-Scorp
Old 12-04-2009 , 15:17   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyXP View Post
I am having a problem with custom votes in L4D2. When I create a custom vote, it works as it should, but the vote never clears from the screen. Even if everyone votes or I force a passvote or veto. This is also preventing me from launching any other votes, so I have to leave the server to clear it. Can anyone else confirm this on their server as well? (version 1.5.5)
i just tryed and it doesn't clear my screen either
and can't start other votes

i hope it can be fixed cuzz this is 1 of the best plugins to have
Old 12-04-2009 , 16:56   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #309

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svuppe View Post
On another note. Madcap: I have a suggestion for your plugin.
It is fine that persons initiating a vote is prevented from starting further votes for some time. But in L4D (1 and 2) I often see someone trying to vote a person off the server. The first vote fails, but then someone else tries the same, against the same person.
My suggestion is to give the person voted upon, temporary immunity for a configurable amount of time, if the initial vote fails of course. Then noone can "gang up" against an individual, trying to kick him several times in a short timespan.
Interesting idea. When do you think this would happen legitimately? I see this as only being exploited by griefers.
madcap
Old 12-04-2009 , 17:01   Re: L4D Vote Manager 2
Reply With Quote #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM-Scorp View Post
i just tryed and it doesn't clear my screen either
and can't start other votes

i hope it can be fixed cuzz this is 1 of the best plugins to have
Confirmed. Working on a fix, I have an idea. Until then I'd recommend not using custom votes.