Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

eradeejay
Old 04-07-2010 , 17:26   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #531

Can, please, add this feature:

Connecting players, while in mid-game, can be forced to spectate.

Thanks...
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2010 , 19:20   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake60 View Post
Hi Rothgar!
I have 3 CSS servers and I want help you in testing!
PM me, if you need my help.
Thanks.
You have set your forum profile to not receive PM's, feel free to MSN me.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2010 , 19:21   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradeejay View Post

Thanks...
What do you mean, I don't see any benefit in this and that wouldn't really be anything to do with being "AFK".

If they are AFK for long enough they will be moved from "Unassigned" to "Spectator".
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 04-07-2010 , 19:23   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #534

Quote:

Thanks...
I have no idea what that means myself....
eradeejay
Old 04-08-2010 , 13:13   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
What do you mean, I don't see any benefit in this and that wouldn't really be anything to do with being "AFK".

If they are AFK for long enough they will be moved from "Unassigned" to "Spectator".
In Left 4 Dead series you have crucial moments especially if you are an survivor, for just a few seconds your team can be in troubles, some people put on auto join, when server is full, and walk off or alt tab while they wait and come back to an aggravated, and often dead team.

In other hand, this is a good option to see how is the game, look what players are in each team and press M to join a team and play.

But, if the admin donīt like this option, just asign false in this new cvar.
Thanks...
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2010 , 15:10   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #536

So how well does this work in L4D2, anyone having problems?
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2010 , 18:21   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #537

Quote:
In Left 4 Dead series you have crucial moments especially if you are an survivor, for just a few seconds your team can be in troubles, some people put on auto join, when server is full, and walk off or alt tab while they wait and come back to an aggravated, and often dead team.

In other hand, this is a good option to see how is the game, look what players are in each team and press M to join a team and play.

But, if the admin donīt like this option, just asign false in this new cvar.
Thanks...
So in L4D people join and automatically get assigned to a team and a player? Then spawned? Without them doing anything?

Is this for all game modes? is this for both L4D and L4D2, I haven't played them much, I have L4D but not L4D2.
eradeejay
Old 04-08-2010 , 19:40   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
So in L4D people join and automatically get assigned to a team and a player? Then spawned? Without them doing anything?

Is this for all game modes? is this for both L4D and L4D2, I haven't played them much, I have L4D but not L4D2.
Yes, the players connect and automatic are in the midle of madness.

One time, I connect to a server and all the team was incapacited and the bot that i take control was helping to reviving a team mate, so in the connect the movement was canceled. I wasn have time to see what is going on and a smoker catch me... causing all team lost.

I see this in almost servers, especially the servers that have any plugins. For both L4D and L4D2 in any mode.

And Yes.... this plugin works flawless in L4D2.

Last edited by eradeejay; 04-08-2010 at 19:44.
IronWarrior
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2010 , 04:44   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #539

Nice to hear it works in L4D2 without problems.

I do have a suggestion with this, maybe add add a pubic command that allows players to type !idle, !afk, !away to be placed in spec and then commands !jointeam1, !jointeam 1 etc.

With players using this command, it would give them a immune to being kicked for a extra two minutes or something?

Last edited by IronWarrior; 04-10-2010 at 04:19.
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2010 , 22:17   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #540

I'll need an active L4D Server to test this on.

I mentioned previously I am not going to add "Jointeam" commands as they are not "AFK" features, they should be created in a separate plugin.

I can add an "!afk" hook if people want it.