Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Unable to connect to MySQL database

Post New Thread Reply   

eLEMONate
Old 06-08-2015 , 18:29   Unable to connect to MySQL database
Reply With Quote #1

For some reason, my Gameserver is unable to connect to the MySQL database and my webhost is unable to connect to the gameserver. I have gotten my IP whitelisted by the host, I double checked my credentials, etc.

I know the login info is correct because I ended up making the webpage and the tables were put into the MySQL database.

http://dinosaurmoustache.com/sourcebans/

ERROR:
Code:
L 06/08/2015 - 22:54:40: [sourcebans.smx] Database failure: [2003]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '143.95.39.29' (10060). See FAQ: http://www.sourcebans.net/node/20
DATABASE FILE:
Code:
"Databases"
{
	"driver_default"		"mysql"

// When specifying "host", you may use an IP address, a hostname, or a socket file path

"sourcebans"
	{
		"driver"			"mysql"
		"host"				"143.95.39.29"
		"database"			"dinosaur_csgoserver"
		"user"				"dinosaur_csgo"
		"pass"				""
	}

"storage-local"
	{
		"driver"			"sqlite"
		"database"			"sourcemod-local"
	}

"multi1v1"
    {
        "driver"            "mysql"
        "host"              "localhost"   // localhost works too
        "database"          "dinosaur_csgoserver"
        "user"              "dinosaur_csgo"
        "pass"              ""
        "timeout"           "10"
        "port"          "3306"  // whatever port MySQL is set up on, 3306 is default
    }

"clientprefs"
	{
		"driver"			"sqlite"
		"host"				"localhost"
		"database"			"clientprefs-sqlite"
		"user"				"root"
		"pass"				""
		//"timeout"			"0"
		//"port"			"0"
	}
}
Any other reason it is not connecting? Thank You
Ownage Gaming
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-09-2015 , 03:09   Re: Unable to connect to MySQL database
Reply With Quote #2

When you created the database, did you allow for external connections? Usually this is disabled by default for security reasons and if you are hosting on the same machine, use the address 127.0.0.1 instead.
eLEMONate
Old 06-09-2015 , 15:26   Re: Unable to connect to MySQL database
Reply With Quote #3

Apparently the company did open up 27015 port and whitelisted the ip.
Krillin
Old 06-10-2015 , 15:12   Re: Unable to connect to MySQL database
Reply With Quote #4

Not sure if the username has valid characters in it. Do not think the '_' is a valid name space character with newer MySQL Server database or is the name too long? But something doesn't look right with the database.cfg file you have provided. Try adding the port number and the timeout settings in there for "sourcebans" even though it has worked without them in the past, but the script has a PORT cvar if memory serves me right.

We have been having problems like this since MySQL changed the engine the databases are stored in. Soucebans has quit working for us for about 8 months now with no new updates for a stable release. Our servers are all on the same network just different computers. So there isn't any firewalls to worry about.

Our HL1 servers talk to our MySQL DB host, but not SourceMOD and their associated plugins. Perhaps our MySQL Server needs to be updated. IDK, we are still scratching our heads trying to fix this as well.

Just our two cents on this subject.

Best Regards,
Krillin

eLEMONate
Old 06-12-2015 , 11:55   Re: Unable to connect to MySQL database
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krillin View Post
Not sure if the username has valid characters in it. Do not think the '_' is a valid name space character with newer MySQL Server database or is the name too long? But something doesn't look right with the database.cfg file you have provided. Try adding the port number and the timeout settings in there for "sourcebans" even though it has worked without them in the past, but the script has a PORT cvar if memory serves me right.

We have been having problems like this since MySQL changed the engine the databases are stored in. Soucebans has quit working for us for about 8 months now with no new updates for a stable release. Our servers are all on the same network just different computers. So there isn't any firewalls to worry about.

Our HL1 servers talk to our MySQL DB host, but not SourceMOD and their associated plugins. Perhaps our MySQL Server needs to be updated. IDK, we are still scratching our heads trying to fix this as well.

Just our two cents on this subject.

Best Regards,
Krillin
I ended up getting everything fixed for the most part. And that file was correct with how it was setup. I ended up having to whitelist all the IPs on my shared machine which were like 5 of them. Now I am having a bit of a different problem.

http://dinosaurmoustache.com/sourceb...dex.php?p=home

The server added has all the correct info however it is still unable to connect. I have no sourceban errors or multi1v1 errors on my game server end anymore. Just wondering what could be causing just the website portion to not connect.

Thank You