Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

just wow - website that offers to crash any csgo server

Post New Thread Reply   

thenumb3rguy
Old 03-02-2014 , 03:40   Re: just wow - website that offers to crash any csgo server
Reply With Quote #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren3gade View Post
Hmm.. so it isn't just me.

And yes, my host can mitigate upwards of 500gb/s. No they aren't the best with DDoS attacks lol but they are good. As I am assuming the best is maybe Prolexic? I'm not sure. But I aint got 3k a month to spend on that either LOL. So all of the attacks that hit my dedi, are extremely large.. but my host mitigates each attack within a few minutes. But the attackers keep sending attacks randomly to empty out my idle servers for 1-5 minutes each time, to kill my population. When I'm hit with attacks that are like 10gb/s-50gb/s, my servers don't even notice it at all. But these attacks are quite a bit larger than that.

And I don't host at a GSP. I host at the 4th largest hosting provider in the world. I have learned over the years that GSPs jack their prices up, and generally have poor support, and poor DDoS protection too.. and they can, simply cuz they are "GAMESERVER providers" and everyone whom hosts gameservers thinks they have to go through a GSP cuz "they're the best".

But anyhow.. I am assumming, it is someone who is running CS:GO Idle servers. Since they are attacking my Idle Servers, and the amount of power im getting hit with is decent, and costly. So they have to have a motive. The only motive I can think of, is they're running other popular CSGO Idle servers, and they want to empty out my idle servers to gain them more players/population. So what it boils down to is, who is running popular CS:GO Idle Servers, and not going offline or being DDoS'd?

After looking at gametracker, it seems that the Biggest/MostPopulated CSGO Idle servers staying online is OGaming.net, ClanVPP, Very.INSATIABLE., NextLevelGaming, and some random German & UK Idles. So more than likely, it's one of them 3. I've spoken with ClanVPP/whourdaddy for like 2 weeks now, and it doesn't appear to be him. As supposedly he is being DDoS'd offline constantly.

I own Next Level Gaming, if you wanna talk. Feel free to add me. id botarnold

http://steamcommunity.com/id/botarnold
thenumb3rguy
Old 03-03-2014 , 00:10   Re: just wow - website that offers to crash any csgo server
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
afaik, the "Professional Use" option (which grants access to permanent mitigation for VAC, rather than on-attack activation) is only available on orders though OVH, not SYS (or KS).
Will on attack activation disconnect connected clients? I just ordered a sys server. They are cheap.

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 03-03-2014 , 00:14   Re: just wow - website that offers to crash any csgo server
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenumb3rguy View Post
Will on attack activation disconnect connected clients? I just ordered a sys server. They are cheap.
They're likely to timeout before it kicks in, so yeah, depends how fast it is.
Old 03-03-2014 , 01:54   Re: just wow - website that offers to crash any csgo server
Reply With Quote #74

Quote:
Will they actually get kicked? Or just timeout for a few seconds? Time out for just a few seconds is acceptable.

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 03-03-2014 , 07:19   Re: just wow - website that offers to crash any csgo server
Reply With Quote #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenumb3rguy View Post
Will they actually get kicked? Or just timeout for a few seconds? Time out for just a few seconds is acceptable.
Quote:
By "timeout", asherkin means what you are mistakenly referring to as being "kicked."

To answer your question:

Quote:
depends how fast it is.
Old 03-06-2014 , 00:34   Re: just wow - website that offers to crash any csgo server
Reply With Quote #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitbull3 View Post
After talking with renegade via steam hes using OVH like I am however we have completely different levels of protection it seems.

I have been grandfathered in due to me purchasing a long time ago via the OVH.com website for Enterprise Infrastructure. Renegade purchased through their new site which is SoYouStart.com which is aimed at people generally spending $60-80/month on dedicated machines.

When I purchased I paid for their Anti-DDoS Mitigation Professional service which my machine now is grandfathered in for free.

I get hit typically 10-15 times daily and have absolutely no lag from these attacks, they range anywhere from 750MB/s to my largest which was 70GB/s all of which have no effect on my server what so ever.

I wonder if OVH's Enterprise Mitigation is different from their SoYouStart (user orientated) mitigation. Because I showed Renegade how to put his server on permanent mitigation the same way as I did through their API which from what they tell me varies per server rack / cluster and server type / client type they have different levels of mitigation but the company is the same it's just a different "brand"... which wouldn't make sense to give the same API interface but different mitigation levels I would assume OVH had everyones mitigation the same however at a company stand point I would guess that if a client has never been hit they are put under a 2GB/s tier like they did way back in the day it went from 2GB/s, 5GB/s, 10GB/s then after you get hit for 10GB/s they put you on their full mitigation which they claim can take attacks of upwards of 480GB/s link to article here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...DoS-Protection

In which they state:
I do not have a server through SoYouStart. My server box is Enterprise right through OVH as well.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2014 , 07:12   Re: just wow - website that offers to crash any csgo server
Reply With Quote #77

much thread, wow
Sapd
Old 03-09-2014 , 11:50   Re: just wow - website that offers to crash any csgo server
Reply With Quote #78

Don't expect too much from OVH.
It is really good, but (every 3rd) DDOS still times out my player for the duration of the ddos. Their firewall still has problems mitigating Attacks on UDP Ports. Also, if the players doesn't time out, ingame voice will lagg like hell.
However it seems to protect TCP services without any problems.

Last edited by Sapd; 03-09-2014 at 11:53.