Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Pinion Adverts [Video Ads + Steam Community]

Post New Thread Reply   

Puppetmaster
Old 06-07-2016 , 00:35   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #291

I am having a bit of trouble with the auto updater included. On the statistics page I have the word update along with a triangular /!\ sort of shape. I assume this means that the updater is not working? For my install I simply copied all the files from the zip into their respective folders. While I am still getting impressions I would like to have the updater working. Is there anything obvious that I may be doing wrong here?

GZS Servers
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 06-22-2016 , 11:54   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppetmaster View Post
I am having a bit of trouble with the auto updater included. On the statistics page I have the word update along with a triangular /!\ sort of shape. I assume this means that the updater is not working? For my install I simply copied all the files from the zip into their respective folders. While I am still getting impressions I would like to have the updater working. Is there anything obvious that I may be doing wrong here?
You might have one of the builds that were compiled incorrectly without updater support, later today I should have v1.16.11 up for download which includes a few bug fixes. If you download the whole archive it should auto update going forward.
Puppetmaster
Old 06-23-2016 , 22:40   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #293

Thanks for the update! I will change over all my servers to the new version over the coming days

GZS Servers
benanhur
Old 06-29-2016 , 22:34   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #294

I will never come back to this company
In my experience, I is not received my first payment because - that the amount was too small.
The second time no response from their support.
Here are the screenshots of amount that I was never received

I recommend a person to do business with them.

27.67$ Aprox. Not paid from this compagny .. Wow

Last edited by benanhur; 06-29-2016 at 22:35.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-29-2016 , 22:58   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by benanhur View Post
In my experience, I is not received my first payment because - that the amount was too small.
Spoiler

The cheap one at $0.44 is very understandable, it makes no reasons to pay out at those low values due to payment fees and such.

If the payment was done using PayPal, you would experience a fee that would reduce that 0.44 down to a maximum of around 0.08 - 0.13 USD according to my rough calculations.

For May with those $10.72, you should probably note the text at post #1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur.PinionGG View Post
At the end of the month you are advised how many impressions your servers delivered and how much income was generated. You are then paid directly into your paypal account within 60 days.
May 31 + 60 days = you should be paid at any time until end of July. That's how I understand the red part.

Anyway, are you using their "official" plugin?

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Puppetmaster
Old 06-30-2016 , 03:47   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #296

They have never missed a payment for my servers. I have been with them for around a year now with no major issues.

GZS Servers
Thorlax
Old 06-30-2016 , 05:59   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #297

Does anyone actually make any kind of money with this plugin? I thought some of my servers had decent traffic but I never make above $20-$30. Is there some sort of secret or this just a pyramid scheme for net traffic?

Send a message via Skype™ to Thorlax
Puppetmaster
Old 06-30-2016 , 19:10   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #298

Its not really about making money, its about covering the costs of running your community. My global servers cost me a lot and their service covers around half the total running costs.

GZS Servers
sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 06-30-2016 , 19:41   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorlax View Post
Does anyone actually make any kind of money with this plugin? I thought some of my servers had decent traffic but I never make above $20-$30. Is there some sort of secret or this just a pyramid scheme for net traffic?
Works fine for me. Obviously traffic & region have a huge impact, so if you're getting low traffic or are in a bad region then you'll have a worse time with it.
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 07-01-2016 , 17:11   Re: Pinion Adverts [HTML5]
Reply With Quote #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by benanhur View Post

Email [email protected] and I'll take a look at this for you. It's our first month processing invoices from new CP so there might be an honest issue somewhere.

Either way, email and I'll look into it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
The cheap one at $0.44 is very understandable, it makes no reasons to pay out at those low values due to payment fees and such.

If the payment was done using PayPal, you would experience a fee that would reduce that 0.44 down to a maximum of around 0.08 - 0.13 USD according to my rough calculations.

For May with those $10.72, you should probably note the text at post #1:

May 31 + 60 days = you should be paid at any time until end of July. That's how I understand the red part.

Anyway, are you using their "official" plugin?
We actually cover the fees ourselves, but if you run the official plugin you should have no problems. If for some reason you can't run the official plugin email us and we'll come up with something else. We have solutions to every problem you might have - anything custom let us know we'll do our best to make it work for us and you.

As a general update for everyone else - we need to backfill impressions Monday for end of June and start of July which is why we're not generating June invoices yet.

Last edited by Arthur.PinionGG; 07-01-2016 at 17:12.