Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] Modified Advertisements plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

The 5th Survivor
Old 10-11-2012 , 12:53   [REQ] Modified Advertisements plugin
Reply With Quote #1

Hi

I'd like to request a modified version of the Advertisements plugin. Basically with the following features:

1) Specify a specific time in seconds when an advertisement will be shown (but still keep it in the cycle of advertisements). This is so you can put an ad that shows a few seconds after players connect. Something like this:

Code:
"Advertisements"
{
    "1"
    {
        "type"        "S"
        "time"        "15"
        "text"        "{GREEN}[email protected]"
    }
}

2) Add a cvar to Randomize the order in which the advertisements will get displayed (this should take affect after the ads with a timer have been shown already).

3) Add a chat command for each ad so if a player missed something they can type the command and see that add again or see that ad any time (and let the admin specify what the chat command will be similar to how Custom Votes let's users specify a command). Something like this:

Code:
"Advertisements"
   "2"
    {
        "chattrigger"  "!map" //or !cmap (short for current map)
        "type"           "H"
        "text"           "{CURRENTMAP}"
    }
   "3"
    {
        "chattrigger"  "!website"  //or the silent trigger /website
        "type"           "M"
        "text"           "www.yourwebsite.com"
    }

4) Add ability to display multiple message types all at once and have each type show a different message. Something like this:

Code:
"Advertisements"
   "4"
    {
        "chattrigger"  "!report" 
        "type"        "C"
        "text"        "Type !report in chat to see this message again."
        "type"        "H"
        "text"        "See a disruptive player? Type !kick in the chat window to get rid of them."
        "type"        "S"
        "text"        "Report disruptive players to [email protected]"
        "type"        "M"
        "text"        "You can report douche-bags to any of the following server admins\n Admin 1 \n Admin 2 \n Admin 3"
    }

As far as I have seen there is no plugin that does this when I searched, but if there is please post the link to it here.

Oh, and possibly add translation support so that each player get the messages in whatever language their game is running. Right now if you wanted a message in a different language you'd need to place different ads for the same message each in their own language. This can cause confusion or have a message missed or never come up for the person in their language while they are connected.

Thanks
minimoney1
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-11-2012 , 22:49   Re: [REQ] Modified Advertisements plugin
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 5th Survivor View Post
Hi

I'd like to request a modified version of the Advertisements plugin. Basically with the following features:

1) Specify a specific time in seconds when an advertisement will be shown (but still keep it in the cycle of advertisements). This is so you can put an ad that shows a few seconds after players connect. Something like this:

Code:
"Advertisements"
{
    "1"
    {
        "type"        "S"
        "time"        "15"
        "text"        "{GREEN}[email protected]"
    }
}

2) Add a cvar to Randomize the order in which the advertisements will get displayed (this should take affect after the ads with a timer have been shown already).

3) Add a chat command for each ad so if a player missed something they can type the command and see that add again or see that ad any time (and let the admin specify what the chat command will be similar to how Custom Votes let's users specify a command). Something like this:

Code:
"Advertisements"
   "2"
    {
        "chattrigger"  "!map" //or !cmap (short for current map)
        "type"           "H"
        "text"           "{CURRENTMAP}"
    }
   "3"
    {
        "chattrigger"  "!website"  //or the silent trigger /website
        "type"           "M"
        "text"           "www.yourwebsite.com"
    }

4) Add ability to display multiple message types all at once and have each type show a different message. Something like this:

Code:
"Advertisements"
   "4"
    {
        "chattrigger"  "!report" 
        "type"        "C"
        "text"        "Type !report in chat to see this message again."
        "type"        "H"
        "text"        "See a disruptive player? Type !kick in the chat window to get rid of them."
        "type"        "S"
        "text"        "Report disruptive players to [email protected]"
        "type"        "M"
        "text"        "You can report douche-bags to any of the following server admins\n Admin 1 \n Admin 2 \n Admin 3"
    }

As far as I have seen there is no plugin that does this when I searched, but if there is please post the link to it here.

Oh, and possibly add translation support so that each player get the messages in whatever language their game is running. Right now if you wanted a message in a different language you'd need to place different ads for the same message each in their own language. This can cause confusion or have a message missed or never come up for the person in their language while they are connected.

Thanks
1, 2, and 4 have been implemented (fully or partially) in my Extended Adverts plugin for the next major version.
For #3 you should use a different plugin, as I think that the current adverts all revolve around a time-based advertisement shown, and making a plugin like that would be really simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rp.KryptoNite View Post
For some reason his Plugin never worked for me ,
@credits were added
im not stealing any plugins dude its my THING

Last edited by minimoney1; 10-11-2012 at 22:51.
TheHardstyleBro
Old 10-12-2012 , 03:09   Re: [REQ] Modified Advertisements plugin
Reply With Quote #3

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=167815

Config:
Code:
"auto_responses"
{
	"!spam"
	{
		"match"		"exact"
		"type"			"static"
		"text"			"{G}NO {N}spamming please. You {OG}WILL {N}be {G}kicked!"
	}
	"!url"
	{
		"match"		"exact"
		"type"			"random"
		"text1"		"{G}http://{T}tf2{G}.com"
		"text2"		"{G}http://{T}sourcemod{G}.net"
		"text3"		"{G}http://{T}steam{G}.com"
		"text4"		"{G}http://{T}bored{G}.com"
		"text5"		"{G}http://{T}ilovebacon{G}.com"
	}
	"noob"
	{
		"match"		"contains"
		"text"			"{T}You {N}were a {G}new {N}player once!"
	}
	"n00b"
	{
		"match"		"contains"
		"text"			"{T}You {N}were a {G}new {N}player once!"
	}
	"!add"
	{
		"match"		"exact"
		"type"			"linear"
		"text1"		"{T}Don't forget to {OG}add {N}us to {G}your {T}favourites!"
		"text2"		"{T}Make sure you {OG}add {N}us to {G}your {T}favourites!"
		"text3"		"{T}Love it?  Return! {OG}Add {N}us to {G}your {T}favourites!"
	}
	"debug"
	{
		"match"		"contains"
		"text"			"{N}Checking {G}728,454{N} lines of code. Found {G}1{N} bug! {OG}Command {G}debug {N}is {T}broken!"
	}
}
http://code.google.com/p/sm-simple-p...tresponses.cfg

Last edited by TheHardstyleBro; 10-12-2012 at 03:10.
The 5th Survivor
Old 10-13-2012 , 02:33   Re: [REQ] Modified Advertisements plugin
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoney1
1, 2, and 4 have been implemented (fully or partially) in my Extended Adverts plugin for the next major version.
For #3 you should use a different plugin, as I think that the current adverts all revolve around a time-based advertisement shown, and making a plugin like that would be really simple.

You must have psychic powers, how did you know I wanted all that stuff :p
Just messing with you, but that is awesome news.

However, I don't see how using a different plugin for #3 would be better since the chat trigger would be to print a specific advertisement. Shouldn't the trigger come from the same plugin? I dunno it just makes sense to me that way, but I'm no coder so what do I know.

That plugin has a very different function to what I'm asking for. But it is handy anyway so thanks for posting the link to it.
minimoney1
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-13-2012 , 10:30   Re: [REQ] Modified Advertisements plugin
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 5th Survivor View Post
You must have psychic powers, how did you know I wanted all that stuff :p
Just messing with you, but that is awesome news.

However, I don't see how using a different plugin for #3 would be better since the chat trigger would be to print a specific advertisement. Shouldn't the trigger come from the same plugin? I dunno it just makes sense to me that way, but I'm no coder so what do I know.

That plugin has a very different function to what I'm asking for. But it is handy anyway so thanks for posting the link to it.
I initially wanted to do it like the old Advert plugin's method, which I did, but then when it came to coloring text, I saw that if I had an advert with the type "CS" (center and say), the colors added to S would be plain for C, e.g. I would see "{GREEN}JOIN OUR {BLUE}COMMUNITY!" in the center say. I tried to tackle this by removing all tags after the coloring was finished, but it ended being too hacky and didn't work exactly correctly (and with morecolors.inc, we could add as many colors as we want which made the removal list really big).

For your second request, I'll wrap up a quick plugin, but I believe I've already seen one that works, take a look at this:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=67098 but again I might be wrong I haven't taken a deep look at the plugin, so I will go ahead and quickly make one (that integrates with the Adverts plugin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rp.KryptoNite View Post
For some reason his Plugin never worked for me ,
@credits were added
im not stealing any plugins dude its my THING
The 5th Survivor
Old 10-17-2012 , 10:01   Re: [REQ] Modified Advertisements plugin
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoney1 View Post
I initially wanted to do it like the old Advert plugin's method, which I did, but then when it came to coloring text, I saw that if I had an advert with the type "CS" (center and say), the colors added to S would be plain for C, e.g. I would see "{GREEN}JOIN OUR {BLUE}COMMUNITY!" in the center say. I tried to tackle this by removing all tags after the coloring was finished, but it ended being too hacky and didn't work exactly correctly (and with morecolors.inc, we could add as many colors as we want which made the removal list really big).

Yes, that is the main reason I mentioned #4. All the ads I have have color tags in them so I'm stuck with "say" messages only. Speaking of color tags, what about the "menu" messages? Are there color tags avaialble for that type? Because I only see the white-ish/gray-ish text with this and I know menu text can also be orange (are there any other colors besides white/gray and orange?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimoney1 View Post
For your second request, I'll wrap up a quick plugin, but I believe I've already seen one that works, take a look at this:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=67098 but again I might be wrong I haven't taken a deep look at the plugin, so I will go ahead and quickly make one (that integrates with the Adverts plugin)
Ah thank you. Hmmm, didn't come the other plugin before but from I just read it seems to do what I mentioned in #3. So should I use that or wait for the one you're making?