Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2]Repair Node(V1.8)

Post New Thread Reply   

FoxMulder
Old 07-10-2010 , 22:53   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #11

Woah. That's very nice and colorful. Now that I've seen both I like Benjamuffin's better
Old 07-10-2010 , 23:02   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamuffin View Post
The texture's great an' all. But given I'd seen the picture I posted a ton of times. It feels a little out of place.

Naturally this is a personal preference only, and the texure provided is fantastic quality. However I remade them for my own server.

Feel free to add these as an alternative in the original post:

It also might be worth noting however, that on the original textures, the yellow/orange fuel tank, and the red/blue colors, are ever so slightly off when compared with the texture from the dispenser (the red and blue needed to be saturated a little more, and the yellow and orange needed to be desaturated).

Besides making the alternative texture, the other thing I did was make the vmt files a little more like the dispensers one. As it seemed odd not to follow the same in that.

Either way, love that you've done this!

Could I have the IP of your server please?
Benjamuffin
Old 07-10-2010 , 23:11   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #13

Sure. If you can see my signature, thatʻs it.

Though itʻs currently one of my admins and his friend doing engineer achievements. Pretty empty due to me getting stuff working.

On that note, does anyone know why the server wouldnʻt be making clients download the textures?

Iʻve never had an issue with custom content before, but in saying that, the model from the drunken bomb in RMF menu doesnʻt show anymore either.

Also, the Repair Node often glitches back into a Dispenser, any fix planned?

And the last thing I want to mention; Is there any chance this can have an admin cvar and/or the ability to activate this via something like sm_nodeon etc.
Old 07-10-2010 , 23:12   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamuffin View Post
Sure. If you can see my signature, thatʻs it.

Though itʻs currently one of my admins and his friend doing engineer achievements. Pretty empty due to me getting stuff working.

On that note, does anyone know why the server wouldnʻt be making clients download the textures?

Iʻve never had an issue with custom content before, but in saying that, the model from the drunken bomb in RMF menu doesnʻt show anymore either.

Also, the Repair Node often glitches back into a Dispenser, any fix planned?

And the last thing I want to mention; Is there any chance this can have an admin cvar and/or the ability to activate this via something like sm_nodeon etc.
Download the latest version, it has multiple level nodes, it SHOULD force the clients to download the textures, and it fixes the glitch where it reverts(although it still reverts for a second or two)
Benjamuffin
Old 07-11-2010 , 00:55   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #15

Here's a brief image of BLU team players using the current incarnation of the Repair Node on my server:

EDIT: For those who plan on using the alternative textures I've provided, I plan on making the circular display light up in the dark. So bear in mind I may post updated links.

EDIT EDIT:
Iʻve also just realized, I forgot to make the inside of the radar dish a white color, to match the fuel dial. Will do that too .

Last edited by Benjamuffin; 07-11-2010 at 02:34.
Geel9
Old 07-11-2010 , 07:41   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #16

Glad to see you like the plugin.
Benjamuffin
Old 07-11-2010 , 10:39   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #17

Here are the textures promised with the fixed radar dish, and glow in the dark screen.

Will update this post with a picture to show it glowing etc in a moment or two .

Also it's no problem. I love this plugin.

EDIT: Here are pictures of the V2 alternative textures:

Attached Files
File Type: zip alternative_repair_node_texturesV2.zip (1.44 MB, 328 views)

Last edited by Benjamuffin; 07-11-2010 at 11:05.
Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-11-2010 , 10:58   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #18

Will this only heal sentries and teleporters? It doesn't seem to heal dispensers.
Old 07-11-2010 , 11:02   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF|Skyrider View Post
Will this only heal sentries and teleporters? It doesn't seem to heal dispensers.
To make it fair, it does not heal other engie's buldings. I will work on it healing teleporters soon.
Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-11-2010 , 12:25   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geel9 View Post
To make it fair, it does not heal other engie's buldings. I will work on it healing teleporters soon.
Fair enough. Neat plugin though! Is it possible you can make it so it'll repair other dispensers at a low rate or make an optional option for it?