Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent

Post New Thread Reply   

cocainepanda
Old 11-03-2009 , 17:37   Re: Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent
Reply With Quote #531

Ok I am getting this error:

"advanced_bans.amxx" failed to load: Plugin uses an unknown function (name "TrieClear") - check your modules.ini

I searched google and this forum for any instance of TrieClear and got nowhere.

Any help would be appreciated.
<FiH> zero
Old 11-05-2009 , 20:01   Re: Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent
Reply With Quote #532

Hi. I am having trouble with putting the cvar ad_website "mywebsite" in my amxx.cfg. Where exactly does it go?
Baphomet
Old 11-09-2009 , 18:33   Re: Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent
Reply With Quote #533

I installed this plugin the other day because it seems that the amx_ban function no longer works on my server. It had been working fine and then just stopped for some reason.

I like this plugin and i have read many of the pages regarding it but i don't see any were that it tells the user that it will empty the servers regular banned.cfg file. I check my banned.cfg file and it only had like 5 banids in it when it used to have over 600. There is another banned.cfg file called banned2.cfg that has only a few banids in it as well.

Also, I just installed it and even though it works in game the banned players are still returning to my server and are not perma banned.

Can you shed some light on this problem Exolent and maybe tell me were i might have done something wrong.

I installed plmenu,adminvote and your plugin after compiling them locally and everything went fine....

[EDIT] also when using HLSW to ban players it doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by Baphomet; 11-09-2009 at 18:37. Reason: spell correct
Endangered Feces
Old 11-12-2009 , 00:32   Re: Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent
Reply With Quote #534

I think I've read the entire thread and maybe its possible I missed something, but I didnt see anything about how to setup the MySQL database for the plugin. I only see the amxx file to install, but where do we configure the database? Where do we give the db_user and db_pass? Are there any instructions for this part? Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2009 , 00:36   Re: Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent
Reply With Quote #535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endangered Feces View Post
I think I've read the entire thread and maybe its possible I missed something, but I didnt see anything about how to setup the MySQL database for the plugin. I only see the amxx file to install, but where do we configure the database? Where do we give the db_user and db_pass? Are there any instructions for this part? Please point me in the right direction.

Thanks
You'll need to look harder. It's all in the plugin's post.
Old 11-12-2009 , 15:22   Re: Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent
Reply With Quote #536

The thing about advanced_bans is, If you ever want to go back to using just the banned.cfg file, since the advanced_bans format is totally different, "STEAM_0:0:000000" "" 0 "18:01:13 11/7/2009" "" "" "",

You will have to copy all banid's from the advanced_bans txt file back into your banned.cfg file and go through them all one at a time and edit them in order to conform to the old banned.cfg format. banid 0.0 STEAM_0:0:000000.

That is a real hassle. Is there a way to have this plugin still write future bans to the old backed up banned.cfg in the old format ?
Baphomet
Old 11-16-2009 , 19:00   Re: Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent
Reply With Quote #537

Hey Exolent, Can you respond to a few questions about this plugin ?

After installing it HLSW doesn't work for banning anymore.
blue2kx
Old 11-17-2009 , 20:07   Re: Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent
Reply With Quote #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endangered Feces View Post

Thanks
Quote:
For SQL, the default cvars for the SQL database will be used (amx_sql_host, amx_sql_user, amx_sql_pass, amx_sql_db).
I had some trouble with this at first as well.

Edit those cvars in sql.cfg in your configs folder.
Old 11-17-2009 , 21:30   Re: Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent
Reply With Quote #539

I just went back to using the default banning process.
At least i can ban asshats now because with this plugin it wouldn't ban anyone until after the map change.

I had to ban them with this plugin then ban their IP address and even then, if they had a dynamic IP address they just reconnected after getting new IP, Unless the map had already changed.

What a waist of time.
Thrill
Old 11-19-2009 , 19:00   Re: Advanced Bans (Real Time) by Exolent
Reply With Quote #540

Author left this plugin, sad. (added a crab cuz it's so nice)