Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

Dog's Milk
Old 02-02-2010 , 14:00   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #361

I'm still rummaging through N1G-TF2-RANK's ancient posts to see if anyone has ask this question, but I'll ask now it anyways. It's in regards to the web interface and I'm still new to this. I've made a few attempts at this with no luck.

Is it possible to bypass player.php completely and simply have it go straight to a player's steam profile when their name is clicked on the rankings?

I think it's somewhere in here, maybe, but I'm not sure.

Code:
    <tr onClick="showhideStats(\''.$player['steamId'].'\')">
                    <td class=row_alt>'.$player['rank'].'</td>
                    <td class=row><a href="../id/'.$player['steamId'].'">'.$player['name'].'</a></td>
                    <td class=row_alt>'.$player['points'].'</td>
                    <td class=row>'.$player['playtime'].'</td>
                    <td class=row_alt>'.$laststr.'</td>
                  </tr>

Last edited by Dog's Milk; 02-02-2010 at 14:09.
Send a message via AIM to Dog's Milk Send a message via Skype™ to Dog's Milk
Diavu
Old 02-03-2010 , 12:49   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
Yes now that you explain it is a lot of work indeed. The trouble is also that some weapons are shared i think, like the shotgun and pistol.
if i remember currect, the shotgun and pistol use weaponids with the class at end. such as shotgun_soldier.
im not sure though. and if it is the case, TF2 stats doesn't count it. and that would require an update on the website to combine the kills into one weapon so you dont end up with the kills with each class, but instead just "shotgun" or "pistol" useing $shotgunkills = ($shotgunengineer + $shotgunsoldier + $shotgunheavy).

i wanted to make "kills by class" for my stats website but i eventually gave up when i realized pistols and shotguns and "finished-off" would be a problem..

http://thefortress.clanservers.com/tf2stats/totals.php
Mr_Orange
Old 02-03-2010 , 18:58   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #363

Hi,
I'm trying to set this up on my server that used on campus. I don't have a whole lot of experience with php and webservers so I'm hoping for some help.

The plugin is working correctly and the database is populating correctly as well.
The issue I'm having is with the web interface. My site is http://tehserver.case.edu. The front page works but when you click on any of the links (Map Ranking, Player Ranking, or Top 10) the page isn't found. I'm sure it's a configuration problem on my end, but if someone could help, I'd be much appreciative.

Installed
Apache2
MySQL Version 5.1.37
PHP5 Version 5.2.10-2ubuntu64
Diavu
Old 02-03-2010 , 20:42   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #364

have you uploaded all files and edited the config files?
Mr_Orange
Old 02-03-2010 , 21:43   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #365

I've uploaded all the files that were in the "TF2 Ranking Web Interface V6.6.0.zip". The database.cfg is correct since the data base is being populated with stats. I also edited the settings.php file to include the same information as the database.cfg file.
Harley
Old 02-04-2010 , 10:37   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Orange View Post
Hi,
I'm trying to set this up on my server that used on campus. I don't have a whole lot of experience with php and webservers so I'm hoping for some help.

The plugin is working correctly and the database is populating correctly as well.
The issue I'm having is with the web interface. My site is http://tehserver.case.edu. The front page works but when you click on any of the links (Map Ranking, Player Ranking, or Top 10) the page isn't found. I'm sure it's a configuration problem on my end, but if someone could help, I'd be much appreciative.

Installed
Apache2
MySQL Version 5.1.37
PHP5 Version 5.2.10-2ubuntu64
I have the same problem
The rank on the server is ok
but error on web
Old 02-04-2010 , 13:57   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
I have the same problem
The rank on the server is ok
but error on web
+1

edit: looking at the code, it appears that the links in headerlinks.inc point at directories that do not exist...

Last edited by cybersquare420; 02-04-2010 at 14:03. Reason: more info
Mr_Orange
Old 02-04-2010 , 14:53   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #368

Quote:
looking at the code, it appears that the links in headerlinks.inc point at directories that do not exist...
I noticed that too, but if you look in the .htaccess it does some link redirection/renaming (I don't know exactly what it's called). It seems as though this file isn't working. The code seems to be correct but the file just isn't being used by the server.
Mr_Orange
Old 02-04-2010 , 15:34   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #369

VICTORY!!!!!!
Ok, I got it to work. Here's a list of things that I did and in some combination they worked.

edit /etc/apache2/apache.conf to include:
#these are test commands to load the rewrite module (one of these works)
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
</IfModule>

<IfModule rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
</IfModule>

I copied the file rewrite.load from /etc/apache2/mods-available to /etc/apache2/mods-enabled.

In /etc/apache2/sites-available/default, under the site that you have the stats site under (mine was the default /var/www), there's a line that says "AllowOverride None". This needs to be changed to "AllowOverride All".

I did these things and it works now! I'm sure there's a much more concise and better way to do this but it worked for me.
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2010 , 17:51   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #370

damn... i dont have access to those files and i only have IIS on my home web server... i have never gotten it to work correctly with php... i hear it can be done, but it is over my head
i think i can hard code the links and get rank pages to work, but i dont think i can fix the dynamic links where you link to a certain players stats...