Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Release SourceBans++ (v1.6.4) [Updated: 2021-10-06]

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Groruk
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2018 , 06:47   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocampas View Post
I am using sourcebans 1.6.3 and no matter what I do I always get "Error connecting (wgb.ddns.net:27015)". Everything is correct, ports not blocked via testing. HLSW has no problem as with any other program, only sourcebans has a problem. Although it does not show the hostname I can still connect, go figure. I extracted the code for the PHP @fsockopen and it tested fine for the port. ONLY SOURCBANS HAS THIS ISSUE. Is there an update to the code or a bug fix.
Have you installed PHP's GMP extension?

1.6.3 Release Notes
Quote:
Along with the new SourceQuery library, it also added a dependency: GMP extension
NanoC
Veteran Member
Old 10-18-2018 , 07:49   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Does anyone know how to allow admins to use comms commands using @all @t @ct (etc) tags?
For example, they cannot use !mute @all 30, !unmute @all neither.
When they use !unmute @all (ungag too) a message is printed on the chat saying that they were unmute, but is not working and you must delete the mute using the Comms Menu using the admin menu
Send a message via Skype™ to NanoC
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-18-2018 , 10:32   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoC View Post
Does anyone know how to allow admins to use comms commands using @all @t @ct (etc) tags?
For example, they cannot use !mute @all 30, !unmute @all neither.
When they use !unmute @all (ungag too) a message is printed on the chat saying that they were unmute, but is not working and you must delete the mute using the Comms Menu using the admin menu
You wouldn't want to do that via sourcebans as all those people will have logs of being muted when some didn't do anything wrong.
ph
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2018 , 10:06   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
I may be in the wrong spot but this is the only forum I can find that may help.

I am using sourcebans 1.6.3 and no matter what I do I always get "Error connecting (wgb.ddns.net:27015)". Everything is correct, ports not blocked via testing. HLSW has no problem as with any other program, only sourcebans has a problem. Although it does not show the hostname I can still connect, go figure. I extracted the code for the PHP @fsockopen and it tested fine for the port. ONLY SOURCBANS HAS THIS ISSUE. Is there an update to the code or a bug fix.

This all started when I upgraded from 1.6.2 to 1.6.3.

If this is the wrong spot for this issue, please direct me to the correct forum.

Please don't respond with "your ISP is blocking the port". My ports are not blocked. I confirmed that.

Thank you.

I have the same problem.

Did you manage to find a fix ? Please share
Old 10-27-2018 , 13:53   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

So I am still running the older sourcebans (1.4.11 I believe) and still have to use the old Steam ID "fix" of running the old admin-flatfile.smx since I have the old Steam IDs in my sourcebans.....if I wanted to update to this latest version, how do I go about updating the website and the plugin to be sure I can run things properly? Do I need to update all my admin SteamIDs to the new SteamID format manually and then upgrade? Is there a step by step doc for doing an upgrade from the old to this new? Thank you in advance.
Groruk
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2018 , 16:55   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
So I am still running the older sourcebans (1.4.11 I believe) and still have to use the old Steam ID "fix" of running the old admin-flatfile.smx since I have the old Steam IDs in my sourcebans.....if I wanted to update to this latest version, how do I go about updating the website and the plugin to be sure I can run things properly? Do I need to update all my admin SteamIDs to the new SteamID format manually and then upgrade? Is there a step by step doc for doing an upgrade from the old to this new? Thank you in advance.
Documentation has you covered.
https://sbpp.github.io/docs/updating/
ocampas
Old 10-27-2018 , 17:17   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groruk View Post
Have you installed PHP's GMP extension?

1.6.3 Release Notes
I did turn on the GMP extension inside my php.ini file but still no host information. Problem persists.

At one time I refreshed my browser and saw my servers. Upon another refresh the problem returned. I found that interesting.

Last edited by ocampas; 10-27-2018 at 17:19.
SmackDaddy
Veteran Member
Old 10-27-2018 , 19:28   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groruk View Post
Documentation has you covered.
https://sbpp.github.io/docs/updating/
So if my current sourcebans database has the "old" SteamIDs -- that's acceptable when doing the update to this new version, correct? Also, should I then stop using the old admin_flatfile.smx and begin using the latest one in the current 1.9 stable release? The update steps look straight forward but wanted to ask that first. Thank you in advance...
Groruk
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-27-2018 , 20:33   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

Quote:
I did turn on the GMP extension inside my php.ini file but still no host information. Problem persists.

At one time I refreshed my browser and saw my servers. Upon another refresh the problem returned. I found that interesting.
If it works sometimes, make sure that your webserver ip is not getting blacklisted by the gameserver for all the A2S Querys (used to display server infos).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmackDaddy View Post
So if my current sourcebans database has the "old" SteamIDs -- that's acceptable when doing the update to this new version, correct? Also, should I then stop using the old admin_flatfile.smx and begin using the latest one in the current 1.9 stable release? The update steps look straight forward but wanted to ask that first. Thank you in advance...

1. Update the admin-flatfile.smx (never heard of an issue that would force somebody to use an old admin-flatfile, at least not with SourceBans++)

2. I'm guessing you mean the Steam2 id format (STEAM_X:Y:Z) with "old" steamids.

SourceBans++ still uses that format for entries in the database and a php library for conversion between Steam2, Steam3 and Steam64.

Also the updater is solely designed for updating database structures and data to be compatible with the current SourceBans++ release, so no need to worry about incompatibility (in most cases).

Just make sure to backup your database before updating, just in case something goes wrong.
ocampas
Old 10-28-2018 , 10:30   Re: [RELEASE] SourceBans++ (v1.6.3) [Updated: 2018-04-06]

[QUOTE=Groruk;2621594]
If it works sometimes, make sure that your webserver ip is not getting blacklisted by the gameserver for all the A2S Querys (used to display server infos).

It's not. It only happened once.
Closed Thread