Raised This Month: $404 Target: $400
 101% 

[Any] Delay Command (testing appreciated!)

Post New Thread Reply   

ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2018 , 03:17   Re: [Any] Delay Command (testing appreciated!)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
then why are you using CloseHandle() (old syntax) instead of delete and also I think you need to use KillTimer() not just close the handle.
https://sm.alliedmods.net/new-api/timers/KillTimer
It also has an auto close for the data handle, just briefly looking it may close those datapacks you're also not closing but storing in the ArrayList (this is just how it appears, i'm not familiar with looping through the indices of an ArrayList).
delete is just CloseHandle() with the added bonus of setting the passed variable to null by-reference. In this case, delete is incorrect, because you're totally right: I'm leaking DataPacks by not instead using KillTimer(hTimer, true) in OnClientDisconnect(). This still doesn't explain the error log, though.

Last edited by ddhoward; 07-19-2018 at 03:40.
Mitchell
~lick~
Old 07-19-2018 , 10:20   Re: [Any] Delay Command (testing appreciated!)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
delete is just CloseHandle() with the added bonus of setting the passed variable to null by-reference. In this case, delete is incorrect, because you're totally right: I'm leaking DataPacks by not instead using KillTimer(hTimer, true) in OnClientDisconnect(). This still doesn't explain the error log, though.
iirc Closing the handle does not stop a timer, so it will execute sooner or later. I may be wrong on this though.

Last edited by Mitchell; 07-19-2018 at 10:23.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2018 , 22:37   Re: [Any] Delay Command (testing appreciated!)
Reply With Quote #13

Closing the Timer's Handle stops the timer. The only difference between KillTimer() and CloseHandle() is that KillTimer() has that second argument which, when set to true, also runs the timer's data through CloseHandle().

And actually, turns out Sourcemod is smart enough to close the Datapack's Handle automatically if the DataTimer's handle is closed prematurely; the timer firing isn't required for Sourcemod to auto-close the DataPack. So I'm not leaking datapack handles lol. delete, KillTimer(), and CloseHandle() are all equally valid here. In most of my functions, CloseHandle is the most efficient.

Last edited by ddhoward; 07-19-2018 at 23:29.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-25-2018 , 04:04   Re: [Any] Delay Command (testing appreciated!)
Reply With Quote #14

Updated to version 18.0725.0

changes include:
  • Removed sm_delaycmdrcon_list and sm_delaycmdrcon_cancel, integrating their functionality into sm_delaycmd_list and sm_delaycmd_cancel
  • ArrayLists now only exist for players who are connected
  • Fixed bug with log entry on a player disconnecting while having pending commands
  • Cleaned up some LogAction and ShowActivity2 language
  • Guaranteed consistency with the appearance of disconnected players' information in log text

Last edited by ddhoward; 07-25-2018 at 04:04.