Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B121

Post New Thread Reply   

eargosedown
Old 02-16-2010 , 19:13   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #351

He's asking for the ability to turn off the stat announcements for scoring player-side. IE from the rank menu. I like to keep them on for my players, but I know some people get frusturated by the spam.

I've also started working on a plugin that causes anyone that types !usepoints on my server to get timebombed, because everyone thinks it's a usepoint system. They want something for their points? They may just get something

Interesting bug; I lose points for team killing myself after every scavenge round ends.

Last edited by eargosedown; 02-16-2010 at 20:51.
NaRyan
Old 02-16-2010 , 23:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #352

I see the same !usepoints junk on my servers..

now if I had my way it would be like this.

!usepoints
>Your points total has now been reset.
wt???
>Oh sorry, my bad I thought you said !loosepoints.....

And yes it would reset their points to 0.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-17-2010 , 01:57   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by eargosedown View Post
He's asking for the ability to turn off the stat announcements for scoring player-side. IE from the rank menu. I like to keep them on for my players, but I know some people get frusturated by the spam.

I've also started working on a plugin that causes anyone that types !usepoints on my server to get timebombed, because everyone thinks it's a usepoint system. They want something for their points? They may just get something

Interesting bug; I lose points for team killing myself after every scavenge round ends.
OK, thanks for explaining that to me.

Yes I know about the bug... Could you tell me when exactly this is happening? An you say AFTER EVERY SCAVENGE ROUND? Do you really mean that it happens every time, or just occasionally or rarely? Sorry for asking, I just have to be sure. There is a halftime (I think) in Scavenge - Do you get teamkills in that event? By AFTER ROUND, do you mean the event that occurs when both teams have played as a Survivor once (one halftime has occurred)? I need specifics

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
Armand
Old 02-17-2010 , 04:02   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #354

i can comment on that.. it happens when the sides switch inf->surv or surv->inf (during every round) but you only get teamkills if you are alive at that time i believe. I have the minus points turned off on my server for the moment but this could be tested easily.

also i want to second the request of bman87:

- player able to choose what announcements are shown (off, other options, all)
- ability to only show only specific announcements (rank changes, headshot, etc.. just some more gradient ;))

Last edited by Armand; 02-17-2010 at 04:13.
tom_joad
Old 02-17-2010 , 04:39   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #355

Hi, I have a little problem... I downloaded GeoIPCountryCSV.zip, unzipped and copyes in my stats dir. When I run sudo php updatetable.php it reads the file (I suppose, it makes a lot of pipes '|') but at the end it says "0 rows inserted."
Why?

The other 2 cvs files was uploaded fine (at the end of the pipes it told me how many records it upload)

Gabriele.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 02-17-2010 , 05:35   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_joad View Post
Hi, I have a little problem... I downloaded GeoIPCountryCSV.zip, unzipped and copyes in my stats dir. When I run sudo php updatetable.php it reads the file (I suppose, it makes a lot of pipes '|') but at the end it says "0 rows inserted."
Why?
It seems I forgot to add an increment on that value in the scripts. Don't worry about it - it's just a cosmetic bug and everything should be OK if you get those pipe characters like you said you did. I'll fix it in the next release. Thanks!

Though certainly not superhuman, the man's prowess inspires an excess of whispered rumors. But those rumors remain in the realm of speculation.
eargosedown
Old 02-17-2010 , 17:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by muukis View Post
Yes I know about the bug... Could you tell me when exactly this is happening? An you say AFTER EVERY SCAVENGE ROUND? Do you really mean that it happens every time, or just occasionally or rarely? Sorry for asking, I just have to be sure. There is a halftime (I think) in Scavenge - Do you get teamkills in that event? By AFTER ROUND, do you mean the event that occurs when both teams have played as a Survivor once (one halftime has occurred)? I need specifics
It was happening to all players on my team everytime we switched from survivor to infected.

edit; side note, I love the fact that this mod keeps track of leveled charges. I managed three in one versus level yesterday with a baseball bat xD
DmanWCG
Old 02-18-2010 , 18:15   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #358

Could someone tell me why this is happening? Been working fine for a while then all of a sudden.

Main Page:
http://www.l4d2.unitedgamersnetwork.com/search.php

Error Page:
http://www.l4d2.unitedgamersnetwork....AM_1:1:5513197
Old 02-18-2010 , 20:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #359

hello.
i am having one problem and one problem only.

its number 8 step.

Edit your databases.cfg file at /addons/sourcemod/config. Insert "l4dstats" entry with a valid connection info to your Custom Player Stats database.

do i add this-

"l4dstats"
{
"driver" "mysql"
"host" "shayne1970.db.3943171.hostedresource.com "
"database" "db_name_here"
"user" "db_user_here"
"pass" "db_pass_here"
}

plus my db name and password ect....

thank you some much for your time and effort into this plugin.
.=QUACK=.Major.pain
Old 02-18-2010 , 21:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Custom Player Stats v1.4B66
Reply With Quote #360

You can try it, but I tried to ping that url and it kept timing out.
You might have an issue.