3% 

[TF2]Repair Node(V1.8)

Post New Thread Reply   

Geel9
Old 07-11-2010 , 12:27   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF|Skyrider View Post
Fair enough. Neat plugin though! Is it possible you can make it so it'll repair other dispensers at a low rate or make an optional option for it?
It'd basically be a dispenser that heals itself at that point.
Sam-1-14
Old 07-11-2010 , 19:11   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #22

I thought this was scrapped because it upset the balance of the game when it comes to dispensers, teleporters and vulnerability of the nest(making it stronger while it was active).
On a lighter note, it may solve the problem of the engie being tied to his base better than the gunslinger to the engie only
Geel9
Old 07-11-2010 , 19:51   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-1-14 View Post
I thought this was scrapped because it upset the balance of the game when it comes to dispensers, teleporters and vulnerability of the nest(making it stronger while it was active).
On a lighter note, it may solve the problem of the engie being tied to his base better than the gunslinger to the engie only
I fixed this problem by having it only heal your OWN buildings.
Benjamuffin
Old 07-11-2010 , 20:00   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Also due to the way itʻs being implemented (a plugin rather than official item), itʻs not as frequently used ingame as not everyone knows about it straight away, and theyʻre not whoring it as the new unlock.

There are many reasons along with what Geel9 said as to why it just "works" as a server plugin, but I can testify myself after running it, that itʻs a useful tool, and doesnʻt upset the balance.

Also, if that didnʻt sway your thoughts, then the convars provided should allow you to balance it as youʻd like. Nerf it to hell if need be!
Old 07-11-2010 , 20:08   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geel9 View Post
I fixed this problem by having it only heal your OWN buildings.
that was'nt what I meant, sorry for your misunderstanding.
I meant that the repair node was only a benefit to the engineer while causing problems with the rest of the team.
Benjamuffin
Old 07-11-2010 , 20:16   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
that was'nt what I meant, sorry for your misunderstanding.
I meant that the repair node was only a benefit to the engineer while causing problems with the rest of the team.

Read my post :]

I can assure you, regardless of Valveʻs reasoning to scrap it (which I am also aware of), this does not disrupt gameplay in any negative way.
Old 07-11-2010 , 20:39   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamuffin View Post
Read my post :]

I can assure you, regardless of Valveʻs reasoning to scrap it (which I am also aware of), this does not disrupt gameplay in any negative way.
I read it, I was addressing geel's (and my) mistake.
EDIT: could you make the node heal other buildings and add some effects depending on how many are built(less repair rate for 2 built in the same place(range of nest) , no effect when 3 are built in the same range)

Last edited by Sam-1-14; 07-11-2010 at 20:42.
Benjamuffin
Old 07-11-2010 , 22:41   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #28

After a suggestion by Geel9 to make a video, I went ahead and made this. It shows the current incarnation of the Repair Node. I made the 'meet-the' image, did all the editing etc.

Little did I know he had made the video in the first post until I was done, but either way, here is the full trailer I made on my server with my admins during a game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XndY5lNxvC8&hd=1

Note: If you're wondering why it's so empty for a full server, they were onto stage 2 while we loitered in stage 1. You can even see the bomb cart moving in some shots, through the walls!

EDIT @Geel9: Also, while you started this plugin, if you are to use my texture as the default one now (which I gather, given what was said on steam chat) then could you credit me applicably in the first post? The same applies to my video. I spent a good while getting it looking nice, so it would be nice to apply that to the first post along with yours considering I only made it due to you initially requesting.

Thanks.

Last edited by Benjamuffin; 07-11-2010 at 23:14.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-12-2010 , 12:51   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #29

I'm Interested in installing this mod on my server for a subscription item, is there a way i can make it so people with the A Flag can use it or no. It'd be PERFECT!
Benjamuffin
Old 07-12-2010 , 14:20   Re: [TF2]Repair Node
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
I'm Interested in installing this mod on my server for a subscription item, is there a way i can make it so people with the A Flag can use it or no. It'd be PERFECT!

Indeed I agree, admin flags would be a good addition.

Also Geel9, though it was decided that it should only heal the person who planted the Repair Nodes buildables, and that it was done to keep it balanced. You might want to add a convar for this.

Itʻs better to give the plugin user the choice either way, especially seeing as the convars you alreay have allow for it to become overpowered.

For example, on my server, Iʻd love for it to heal others buildables.

EDIT:
I felt it was worth noting the people involved in this post so they arenʻt forgotten about. It seems unfair otherwise so here are the credits so far:

Valve - Repair Node Model
Murphy7 - Base Texture
Benjamuffin - Current Texture & Testing
Geel9 - Coding & Testing

Last edited by Benjamuffin; 07-12-2010 at 14:38.