Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.1.6: 6 September 2009)

Post New Thread Reply   

Whosat
Old 08-16-2009 , 10:40   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.2: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
If hot meal disabled - you sure it would be disabled for BOTS also? I mean you checked the code for bots right? This is really hard to dig in 80 kb of code. If noone else getting this error this can be my side problem only. But i hadn't problems with hot meal with 0.5.3, neither with Jerrith version.

I wonder what will happen if i disable upgrades for bots.
Yes. Checks for UpgradeAllowed are in the GiveClientUpgrades function.
You can still pass in the upgrade number to GiveClientSpecificUpgrade even if its disabled, so using addUpgrade <upgrade number> <userid|name> will work if the upgrade is disabled. (There are no checks for UpgradeAllowed in GiveClientSpecificUpgrade, but all the tank events use GiveClientUpgrades, so that isn't a problem. I skipped checks as it was unneccesary.)
Old 08-16-2009 , 12:25   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.2: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #42

Agree. That bug really weird. If i dig out something i let you know. Played no mercy campaign recently with 0.5.3 and no bugs appeared ( bug with ammo counter appearing for infected was only on my friend's dedicated). I compiled this without game mode checking and wout heal upgrade, compiled good. That directives really great thing.
Old 08-16-2009 , 13:38   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.2: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #43

Whosat.

I'm using plugin to hand out 4 defined types to all at spawn (large clip, hot meal, combat sling and reloader)...with no additional randoms to be given out throughout the rest of the map/camapign.

I want no text interactions displayed and have the following set:

// How much text output about upgrades players see (0=None, 3=Max, Default 2).
// -
// Default: "2"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "3.000000"
surup_verbosity "0"

With this set, I still see a bunch of text at the start of the map. Most notably instructing how to turn on and off laser (which is not 1 of the 4 I'm giving at spawn). How can all the text be disabled? I realize you're plugging your script and offering the players "help" but my dedicated group is familar enough not to need the real estate viewed at start.

Also, this may have been asked.

Is there a way to allow laser but not have it turned on? Most of my regulars always disable it, hence why I'm not offering it but if theres a way to spawn it to all but have it off first (instead of on) that would be great.

Lastly....kudos on your time and dedication involved with this script, appreciate it!
Whosat
Old 08-16-2009 , 18:07   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.2: 16 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by olj View Post
Agree. That bug really weird. If i dig out something i let you know. Played no mercy campaign recently with 0.5.3 and no bugs appeared ( bug with ammo counter appearing for infected was only on my friend's dedicated). I compiled this without game mode checking and wout heal upgrade, compiled good. That directives really great thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadhog View Post
Whosat.

I'm using plugin to hand out 4 defined types to all at spawn (large clip, hot meal, combat sling and reloader)...with no additional randoms to be given out throughout the rest of the map/camapign.

I want no text interactions displayed and have the following set:

// How much text output about upgrades players see (0=None, 3=Max, Default 2).
// -
// Default: "2"
// Maximum: "3.000000"
surup_verbosity "0"

With this set, I still see a bunch of text at the start of the map. Most notably instructing how to turn on and off laser (which is not 1 of the 4 I'm giving at spawn). How can all the text be disabled? I realize you're plugging your script and offering the players "help" but my dedicated group is familar enough not to need the real estate viewed at start.

Also, this may have been asked.

Is there a way to allow laser but not have it turned on? Most of my regulars always disable it, hence why I'm not offering it but if theres a way to spawn it to all but have it off first (instead of on) that would be great.

Lastly....kudos on your time and dedication involved with this script, appreciate it!
Version 1.0.3 Released.

Added verbosity checks to starting advertisement and for "/upgrades" after giving initial upgrades.

I think I know of a way to get that laser part done but I'll do it when I get back tonight

Cheers,
Whosat
Old 08-16-2009 , 18:18   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.3: 17 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #45

Nice work

I'm testing it on one of my servers, seems to work Great!!!

http://www.gametracker.com/server_in...161.157:28022/
Old 08-16-2009 , 19:23   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.3: 17 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #46

why am i getting the upgrade even when i failed at crowning the witch and im lying on the ground? (bots on team finished her off)
Send a message via ICQ to lexantis
itr
Old 08-16-2009 , 20:27   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.3: 17 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #47

Is there anyway to disable that sound effect at the start of the round when you get upgrades? It gets annoying after a while.
quadhog
Old 08-16-2009 , 20:43   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.3: 17 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #48

Thanks!

I forgot to mention that I'm running versus exclusively and am affected by the tank user getting only 150 health so I had to turn off hot meal.

As fas as 1.03, I'm not seeing any text displayed so far, good deal!
Chaotic Llama
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-16-2009 , 23:14   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.3: 17 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexantis View Post
why am i getting the upgrade even when i failed at crowning the witch and im lying on the ground? (bots on team finished her off)
Ummm
Quote:
// How many random upgrades to give survivors when their team kills the witch.
// -
// Default: "1"
// Maximum: "15.000000"
surup_upgrades_witch_all "1"
Chaotic Llama
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-16-2009 , 23:18   Re: [L4D] KrX's Survivor Upgrades (Latest v1.0.3: 17 August 2009)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by itr View Post
Is there anyway to disable that sound effect at the start of the round when you get upgrades? It gets annoying after a while.
I'd like that option added if possible, sometimes that sound fires a bunch of times.