PHP Code:
Smoker
Boomer
Hunter
Spitter
Jockey
Charger
Tank 
Unfortunately the m_zombieClass entity property won't change the client's view model.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-15-2009 , 12:33   Re: [L4D2] Infected Respawn
Reply With Quote #12

You might want to look into how to create and set the weapon someone is using. I believe this is how the "hands" for the infected would work. Just like the survivors pickup and use weapons, that weapon has all the model data to display for the player.

The net classes have these types (sample):
CHunterClaw
CJockeyClaw

You may be able to find what the current m_hActiveWeapon is and investigate from that point. I don't know how to find the name of the entity though, like used for spawning items. It's possible, if you can find the name, that you could use the give command after they spawn to see if it works

Last edited by Thraka; 12-15-2009 at 12:52.
Crimson_Fox
Old 12-15-2009 , 14:42   Re: [L4D2] Infected Respawn
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thraka View Post
You might want to look into how to create and set the weapon someone is using. I believe this is how the "hands" for the infected would work. Just like the survivors pickup and use weapons, that weapon has all the model data to display for the player.

The net classes have these types (sample):
CHunterClaw
CJockeyClaw

You may be able to find what the current m_hActiveWeapon is and investigate from that point. I don't know how to find the name of the entity though, like used for spawning items. It's possible, if you can find the name, that you could use the give command after they spawn to see if it works
I think you're on to something there! I'll it check out, thanks! =)

Last edited by Crimson_Fox; 12-15-2009 at 15:00.
Thraka
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-15-2009 , 17:38   Re: [L4D2] Infected Respawn
Reply With Quote #14

I hope you find it. I want a plugin that allows people to set what classes they like or dislike playing as.

If everyone dislikes the same class, it treats it as no one does.

When a player spawns, they get the prefered class (if it's available).

So if everyone was on a team and sucked at boomer they could opt out of it, while one person loves boomer he could opt in and always end up with boomer when it was available.
quadhog
Old 12-15-2009 , 21:59   Re: [L4D2] Infected Respawn
Reply With Quote #15

By pressing MELEE while in ghost mode, you will be given the next infected zombie in the director's que.

For clarification since I have not yet downloaded and applied...do you melee multiple times in order to get what you want, or melee only works once and you get what's next in the rotation (albeit, earlier than you would have when the timer ran down fully)?

A tad opposite that Thraka's last comment: I would imagine it being hard to get a SI that you and another player both seem to want and like; where it would be hard to ultimately get what you want...just assuming here.

Neat idea nonetheless.
triggerman
Old 12-15-2009 , 22:11   Re: [L4D2] Infected Respawn
Reply With Quote #16

using it in scavenge i encountered a bug where when switch around it killed me and it was like i spawned but was considered dead. it only happened twice and both times it was when the survivors left the safe area. happened to the whole team the first time and just me the second time.
Siezmik
Old 12-16-2009 , 02:09   Re: [L4D2] Infected Respawn
Reply With Quote #17

Love this mod!

It's a bit disconcerting to see Boomer arms when you're a Smoker (or other odd combos), but even with that bug it's a lot of fun.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2009 , 10:04   Re: [L4D2] Infected Respawn
Reply With Quote #18

You could use the 'spawn client specific infected' code MI uses in his Infected Bots or Tank Take Over Plugins to change everything the client sees after he spawned.

Also ... this uses Directors Class assignment .. does it allow double Chargers or alike overpowered combinations?
Galaxy9000
Old 12-16-2009 , 12:28   Re: [L4D2] Infected Respawn
Reply With Quote #19

Hi,
is that plugin alwasys possible on more then 8 player servers?!
I mean e.g. 16vs16 versus, if not enough players joined in infected?!
Thanx

CSS: 64 Player w/ Bots, ES XA, many Plugins (Splahdmg, ExplosiveDeath etc.), Spawnpointgen.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/ NO PUB SERVERS ATM
Riffy
Old 12-16-2009 , 19:49   Re: [L4D2] Infected Respawn
Reply With Quote #20

The name of this plugin sounds like something to let them insta spawn back into the game.