Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

TF2 Playtime ban

Post New Thread Reply   

horiaonofrei
Old 08-30-2014 , 05:17   TF2 Playtime ban
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone, my server is mostly filled with F2PS who don't know how to use chat, hungarians, russians and ukrainians who don't know what English means.
I then thought of using the free2bekicked plugin and a country filter plugin, until a friend of mine suggested to use a TF2 playtime filter plugin.
What I'm basically requesting, or haven't found yet, is a plugin which bans players for not playing the game enough, such as only players who have over 100 hours can play on this server.
Is it possible?
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 08-30-2014 , 07:12   Re: TF2 Playtime ban
Reply With Quote #2

Yes.

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2014 , 08:26   Re: TF2 Playtime ban
Reply With Quote #3

I wrote something similar to this for my mvm servers, mainly because new players would perform very badly in mvm, and being only 6 slots, there is not enough room to carry a very green player.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 08-30-2014 , 08:51   Re: TF2 Playtime ban
Reply With Quote #4

I have something as well for L4D(2) but I'd rather not publish it due to the nature of the plugin.
Come to think of it, how many death threats did asherkin get for freetobekicked?

Watch out when you're paying people for private requests! Most stuff already exists and you can hardly assess the quality of what you'll get, and if it's worth the money.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 08-30-2014 , 09:00   Re: TF2 Playtime ban
Reply With Quote #5

Agreed, I generally think server operators should respect players and diversity, but when they simply don't know how to play the game, and their presence causes the team to fail and everyone to leave... There really is no other option.

Mind you, this is on a modded server where basic missions can be completed with 3-4 of 6 players if they are skilled... But even with this, if you get 2 new players, they will still often ruin the game.
Dr. Greg House
Professional Troll,
Part-Time Asshole
Old 08-30-2014 , 09:24   Re: TF2 Playtime ban
Reply With Quote #6

I know. I made up my mind regarding this on a L4D-basis. So whatever team-based priorities and ragetriggers there are in MvM, they exist in L4D and are even worse.

horiaonofrei
Old 08-30-2014 , 16:15   Re: TF2 Playtime ban
Reply With Quote #7

I host a custom MVM server with crazy difficulty, and 1 newbie can ruin the entire wave.
Besides, most of those who have under 100 hours do not speak english, or atleast in my case.
I'd be grateful if anyone had the link for a plugin like this.

Last edited by horiaonofrei; 08-30-2014 at 16:16. Reason: reason