Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!

Post New Thread Reply   

Ryan_Hemsley18
Old 09-28-2011 , 09:42   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
Reply With Quote #121

Hi,

I need some help!!!

Can this mod be on any map at all? When I am in my server it doesn't come up with anything.

Please help

[GA] Metal of Steel
Creator and Developer
www.gamingaustralia-clan.com
DarkEnergy
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-30-2011 , 15:50   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
Reply With Quote #122

can this work completely standalone and use a local database for storage instead?
Aderic
Old 10-16-2011 , 19:40   An update?
Reply With Quote #123

Does this mod still work? The update broke alot of stuff and I put this addon on my server just today. The server is verified and when I get a weapon like the Atomic Bat (That's a weapon from this mod right?). The "You've found a weapon" screen is blank and I don't have the weapon when I check my loadout.
war100ck
Old 10-27-2011 , 13:30   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
Reply With Quote #124

weapons will standard or generally not, does not show the plug-in models that do? All plugins loaded
Regis
Old 11-15-2011 , 12:16   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
Reply With Quote #125

If I'm seeing this correctly this mod lets you see given weapons? Why isn't that functionality in giveweapon yet?
jamtastique
Old 11-21-2011 , 14:16   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
Reply With Quote #126

i sincerely apologize if my problem has been stated by anyone else; i've been furiously googling and have yet to find anything relevant (aside from a possible replication of my problem discussed in a server chat log) and i expect the solution to be incredibly simple.

i've used aw2 in the past with great reception, but it sort of "broke" ZF and The Hidden (mostly spy-wise) so we removed it. it piqued my interest again, so i put it back on the server. however, there is a major and peculiar issue.

when any aw2 weapon is equipped in the primary slot, the player "dies" (ragdoll appears) then their model disappears (hats and misc items still there) and is motionless upon taunting/going third person, unless they were running/walking to the supply locker, then it is running/walking yet invisible, hats and misc items bobbing. the player also can't walk around, but they can attack.

i noclipped out of my position and upon turning off noclip i could move, but obviously that's not practical for my users. spawn doors don't open, portals don't work, supply lockers don't work, dispensers don't work, etc. it's really weird and i can't figure out how to fix it!

what i've done to try and fix it:

-remove all plugins but aw2 (and tf2items of course) to check for plugin conflict
-update tf2items, socket, sdkhooks
-read sourcemod error/plain logs (i'm totally derpy when it comes to that stuff so unless it was like [error! crazy crap is gonna happen because this:_____] it wouldn't help me)
-mentally punch aw2 in the nads
-and now post in this thread.

sourcemod and metamod are up to date, as is everything else that is needed to run the plugin. it just hates jam jam. ;c

for the time being of course i have to disable it, but i'd really like to get it working. if anyone has any idea what i'm screwing up on, or has the same problem, i'd really appreciate it <3

thanks in advance <3 :>
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-21-2011 , 14:40   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
Reply With Quote #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtastique View Post
-mentally punch aw2 in the nads
Do this more.

Open addons/sourcemod/gamedata/mechatheslag_global.txt, replace the contents with the following:
Code:
"Games"
{
	/* Team Fortress 2 */
	"tf"
	{
		"Offsets"
		{
			"EquipWearable"
			{
				"windows"	"417"
				"linux"		"418"
			}
			"RemoveWearable"
			{
				"windows"	"418"
				"linux"		"419"
			}
		}
	}
}
Old 11-21-2011 , 14:51   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
Reply With Quote #128

Hi guys! Sorry about the lack of updates, I've been revamping the entire thing and been hesitating with posting my changes. But here it is: 2.0.7!

One major change is that you no longer need to register your server.

Grab the download in the first post!

Last edited by Mecha the Slag; 11-21-2011 at 14:53.
jamtastique
Old 11-21-2011 , 15:20   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
Reply With Quote #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Do this more.

Open addons/sourcemod/gamedata/mechatheslag_global.txt, replace the contents with the following:
Code:
"Games"
{
	/* Team Fortress 2 */
	"tf"
	{
		"Offsets"
		{
			"EquipWearable"
			{
				"windows"	"417"
				"linux"		"418"
			}
			"RemoveWearable"
			{
				"windows"	"418"
				"linux"		"419"
			}
		}
	}
}
bah, i called it! i knew it would be something simple. and you know what else?

tf2ware hadn't been working in a while, so i gave up on aw2 and worked on that. guess what i did (though it didn't work)?

^^^ that. sadjkajls /killself

thank you though! ♥
Old 11-26-2011 , 20:30   Re: Advanced Weaponiser 2 - TF2's new innovative arsenal!
Reply With Quote #130

The plugin makes server start fail and tries to dump a logfile somewhere that I cant find it back. As soon I move the .smx file to disabled I can start the server normal again.

I Use

VPS linux Debiam 6.0 squeez
Orangbox
anybody a suggestion ?