Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server crash with no errors!

Post New Thread Reply   

Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 05-28-2015 , 06:46   Re: Server crash with no errors!
Reply With Quote #11

That last sentence was imo obviously pointed to botz as he tried to tell you a fix for a problem with dproto.

aron9forever
Veteran Member
Old 05-29-2015 , 09:13   Re: Server crash with no errors!
Reply With Quote #12

don't add server "protections" before your server actually starts getting attacked
remove all those 3rd party plugins as they're written by russians who were probably drunk during
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.
zoey
Old 05-29-2015 , 14:08   Re: Server crash with no errors!
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron9forever View Post
don't add server "protections" before your server actually starts getting attacked
remove all those 3rd party plugins as they're written by russians who were probably drunk during
am adding protections because idk if these crashes are from server error or from an attacker ..
so just in case i put these protections , btw i dont use them , i just use the # block meta since valve didnt fix it ..
and thats too difficult to determine which plugin exactly is cause this crash since my server firstly is a multimod server , the crash happenes sometime and sometimes it dont ( for the same mod).
for example i change the map to deathrun_death , it works good. but maybe after 5 mins i change to the same map , sever crashes

am thinking of , might it be a computer problem ? cpu and these shit ?
aron9forever
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2015 , 20:53   Re: Server crash with no errors!
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoey View Post
am thinking of , might it be a computer problem ? cpu and these shit ?
very unlikely
it might be a hard to replicate error in one of your mods, maybe one plugin only, I can't give you advice on this because i never owned a multimod server

all I can tell you is that if you start hitting segmentation faults, especially on a steam only last patch server, you're fucked
you might wanna remove any modules except amxmodx , if you need the #label protection, I can write an amxx plugin that does the job and won't crash for sure

you never know what's inside the module if there's no source
useless small optimizations
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
On a map that is 512x512x128 units you end up with 3,355,443,200,000 different "positions". To store each one of those positions individually in the variable "user_or" you need 12 terabytes of memory.

Last edited by aron9forever; 05-30-2015 at 20:54.
botz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-31-2015 , 23:32   Re: Server crash with no errors!
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
so the meta which blocks the # in chat is only for nonsteam servers ?
my server is steam only , can somebody crash it using this exploit when i dont use this meta ?
The 2 meta plugins i mentioned are only to crash non steam servers, no one can crash ur steam server, so u dont need those 2!
And i never mentioned, "blocks the # in chat" -metamod plugin to remove or not cuz i never tested it. But those 2 are clearly for non steam servers.

And also u can edit your metalist and paste here and delete some logs so we might cant know, can i have your server IP please?

Last edited by botz; 05-31-2015 at 23:35.
botz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-31-2015 , 23:36   Re: Server crash with no errors!
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
That last sentence was imo obviously pointed to botz as he tried to tell you a fix for a problem with dproto.
I didnt tell him those fixes ... I told him he doesnt need those, since they are for dproto and he doesnt need it for a steam server, can you pay attention and then reply?
Old 06-01-2015 , 07:23   Re: Server crash with no errors!
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by botz View Post
The 2 meta plugins i mentioned are only to crash non steam servers, no one can crash ur steam server, so u dont need those 2!
And i never mentioned, "blocks the # in chat" -metamod plugin to remove or not cuz i never tested it. But those 2 are clearly for non steam servers.

And also u can edit your metalist and paste here and delete some logs so we might cant know, can i have your server IP please?
Sorry but you are so idiot..
i said my server is steam only and iam not that dumb to remove the dproto from list and hide it..
if u have something to help me with then welcome ... if u are coming to say that i use dproto please fuckoff..
i dont need to edit my meta list.

Here's my Server IP: 92.96.125.239:27017 (not for adv , just to make this idiot STFU)
and please dont reply , i dont need beginners help.

Last edited by zoey; 06-01-2015 at 07:28.
Mordekay
Squirrel of Fortune
Old 06-01-2015 , 09:40   Re: Server crash with no errors!
Reply With Quote #18

I just connected to your server for a few seconds and saw that you may have many plugins installed.
could you please post an "amxx list" here?

zoey
Old 06-01-2015 , 12:20   Re: Server crash with no errors!
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
I just connected to your server for a few seconds and saw that you may have many plugins installed.
could you please post an "amxx list" here?
Yes , Actually its a multimod server of 10 mods :s and i might increase them later...
ill post the amxx list for DeathRun mod for example .. crash happens there sometimes.
botz
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-01-2015 , 15:20   Re: Server crash with no errors!
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
i said my server is steam only and iam not that dumb to remove the dproto from list and hide it..
if u have something to help me with then welcome ... if u are coming to say that i use dproto please fuckoff..

Here's my Server IP: 92.96.125.239:27017 (not for adv , just to make this idiot STFU)
LMFAO ur a idiot LOL, first you should read what those meta plugins are for and read their description first before adding it NOOB. IT CLEARLY SAYS ITS FOR DPROTO then WHY WOULD U ADD IT, You know what u SHOULD FUCK OFF.

Quote:

I never blamed you of using DPROTO but yes i did say u could, go learn some english kid.

Last edited by botz; 06-01-2015 at 15:24.