Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Natural Selection module

Post New Thread Reply   

FlyingMongoose
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2004 , 13:38  
Reply With Quote #11

you know steam? and all the steam windows that you can still see while playing games by pressing escape? like friends, and how the options windows and stuff like that has formatting that looks like Steam...well that's VGUI2, original VGUI is the menus while in game. Unless I'm mistaken. But I remember when the HLServer started to look steamlike before steam was even out as a beta they said it had a VGUI2 interface but everyone still runs major servers on console mode, VGUI2 takes up too much sys resources.

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 03-29-2004 , 04:00  
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull
Ok..
Quote:
/* Beginning of pvPrivate manipulation. */
/* Integers */
native get_private_i(index,Offset)
native set_private_i(index,Offset,Value)

/* Floats */
native Float:get_private_f(index,Offset)
native set_private_f(index,Offset,Float:Value)

native register_impulse(impulse, svCommand[],extra=0)
native takedamage (idVictim,idInflictor,idAttacker,Float:damage ,damagetype);
native get_class(index);
Look at the stuff Ns2AMX has..
the *_private stuff would really be useful
register_impulse works the same as register_concmd - except it catches impulses
Takedamage does the specifed amount of damage - useful for NS because "kill" is blocked in some cases - meaning slay doesnt work
get_class returns a number representing the players class
The privates are already in engine since first release.
CheesyPeteza
Old 04-02-2004 , 18:04  
Reply With Quote #13

I wanted to give you some stocks and constants that you could use if you wished, but I've been really busy and I haven't got round to finishing it. So I'm just going to post what I've got now. I'll keep updating it if I get time.

You may want to turn most of the stocks into natives as they pretty much all use private data, which would mean everytime a new version of NS was released everyone would have to recompile their plugins with the new offsets.

We need a few natives that are in ns2amx.

register_impulse This is essential really. Most of the selections in NS are done through a special menu. Each button on the menu corresponds to a different impulse number. For example "impulse 5" = go to readyroom. There is over a 100 different impulses. We also need to be able to block the impulses. This was done in ns2amx by setting the players pev impulse to 0 then returning PLUGIN_HANDLED.

play_event By event I don't mean a message, I mean a scripted sequence. They are described in a doc in the Full HLSDK. Here I have uploaded it to my webspace. This would be useful for other mods too. If you have time register_playevent native would be good too. (you could add knock back to weapons for example, or simply change the effect).

forward changelevel Unlike DOD and CS, NS does not have the SVC_INTERMISSION message sent just before the map changes. Therefore there is no easy way to detect when the map is about to change. Which makes nextmap/mapchooser really hard to make properly. This forward is in ns2amx and it is brilliant, I wish we had it for CS too. You no longer have to faff about with mp_chattime in the nextmap plugin. return PLUGIN_HANDLED should block the changelevel.

I don't know if the forward pfn_touch allows this, but we need it to be blocked by returning PLUGIN_HANDLED. In NS you choose teams by walking into a brush entity, so if you want to be able to write any sort of plugin to configure teams or spectators then you need to be able to block them touching certain entities. This would also be great for weapon restrictions in other mods like CS.

When I think of more stuff I will add it.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (nstest.sma - 444 views - 4.9 KB)
File Type: inc ns_const.inc (9.9 KB, 284 views)
File Type: inc ns.inc (3.9 KB, 342 views)

[email protected]

ThorW634
Old 04-17-2004 , 09:54  
Reply With Quote #14

very nice cheesy
Send a message via AIM to ThorW634
QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2004 , 13:00  
Reply With Quote #15

you really do love that forward chagnelevel
Old 04-17-2004 , 13:08  
Reply With Quote #16

Its the main reason I'm not using AMXModX yet.

I think I'm just going to wait for Mahnsawce to release an AMXModX version of ns2amx actually. I can't be arsed having to beg people to add new natives. I'll just use the engine natives where possible and use ns2amx where it is the only solution.

[email protected]

QwertyAccess
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2004 , 13:14  
Reply With Quote #17

is he even going to convert it to amx mod x though.
Old 04-17-2004 , 13:31  
Reply With Quote #18

Yes, within the next few days hopefully.

[email protected]

devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 04-17-2004 , 13:32  
Reply With Quote #19

It already works with AmxX, I've used it for a few plugins.. I never released any, because I figured taht most people wouldn't want to use it unless it was perfectly stable
Veteran Member
Old 04-18-2004 , 00:27  
Reply With Quote #20

ns2amx worked for a while for me but caused my server to crash constantly. and i had some problems with takedamage
Old 07-27-2008, 02:22
bady
This message has been deleted by YamiKaitou. Reason: no need to bump 4 year old topics, why not look around a bit first, maybe the downloads page
Old 07-28-2008, 18:23
Drak
This message has been deleted by YamiKaitou. Reason: no need to bump 4 year old topics, why not look around a bit first, maybe the downloads page