12% 

WON is OLD News - IMO

Post New Thread Reply   

><)))*>
Old 03-24-2004 , 16:59  
Reply With Quote #21

wtf,
i love WON and hate steam ... this fuc***g updates and the VAC sux

but the ne UA system sounds good (but it have to work WON - i hope)
IceMouse[WrG]
Old 03-24-2004 , 18:20  
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgountanis
I wouldn't want to mod steam anyway. Mod HL engine is where it should stay. Games and things like AMXX. When HL2 engine is out the API will be there for dev like DOD and NS or ... ick digital paintball ;)

Maybe if the HL2 wasn't leaked or whatever we would already be playing on it.

No one should be worried about modding STEAM it self unless your making HaX.
He means the SDK for everything you need to work with Steam... Not to mod Steam itself(That would almost be a disaster)
Send a message via AIM to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via MSN to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via Yahoo to IceMouse[WrG]
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-24-2004 , 18:26  
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMouse[WrG
]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgountanis
I wouldn't want to mod steam anyway. Mod HL engine is where it should stay. Games and things like AMXX. When HL2 engine is out the API will be there for dev like DOD and NS or ... ick digital paintball ;)

Maybe if the HL2 wasn't leaked or whatever we would already be playing on it.

No one should be worried about modding STEAM it self unless your making HaX.
He means the SDK for everything you need to work with Steam... Not to mod Steam itself(That would almost be a disaster)
Exactly, the new SDK is going to have features seen in mods ON steam which use the newer half-life engine.
would seriously disturb the relations of some
of the former inhabitants." - Charles Darwin
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
cgountanis
Old 03-24-2004 , 18:28  
Reply With Quote #24

Oh

Well I was thinking I bet dev like DoD have access to something HL2 related so they can be ready for new releases through STEAM. After CZ and HL2... then what?

Three years before DoD is released. I think we'd have to be pretty ignorant to think there isn't an API for the high level mod`rZ. Business is business. They can't live totally off of HL2 and Condition Zero which is basically CS 1.6 with new guns. I mean the maps work on 1.6 servers (de_dust2_cz). It's a joke.
BAILOPAN
Old 03-24-2004 , 18:32  
Reply With Quote #25

cz does not have new guns
cz is the old cs engine with a single player hack
the maps should work anywhere since the half-life engine did not change for cs:cz.
Old 03-24-2004 , 18:35  
Reply With Quote #26

NO new guns... ima have to bitch slap my source now.

don't forget bots that should help populate servers.
ibm86
Old 03-24-2004 , 20:18  
Reply With Quote #27

I'm thinking that they removed the bots from 1.6 and added them into CZ because else they had nothing to release CZ with...
Anyway... I have the old bots for CS 1.6 from czero (the leaked beta) and I love them when I play with my buddies on awp_map (3 players - 10 bots... they're kicking the crap out of us with bot_difficulty 4)
Oh yeah... and the single player mode.. it's kind of... uhmm... CRAP =\
Bots are stupid even at the expert mode... The old bots roxor
My first impression of CS:CZ -> trash... or... expensive trash!
Anyway... I'll set up a czero server and see if my players like it... but I wouldn't bet on it... Two hours ago I checked for cz servers.. most are empty
Sticking to CS 1.6 ;)
Send a message via ICQ to ibm86 Send a message via AIM to ibm86 Send a message via MSN to ibm86 Send a message via Yahoo to ibm86
shady
Old 03-31-2004 , 12:38  
Reply With Quote #28

Most of servers and people in Turkey use WON. And it's really hacked. In my opinion... clever guys will invent another thing, which supports both Steam and WON.
Have you heard about Zbot?
Send a message via ICQ to shady
MagicShot
Old 03-31-2004 , 12:48   hrm
Reply With Quote #29

Scarzzurs: I am With you on that WON is much more stable. I occasinally play 1.6.. but untill the sdk is released for steam your right steam modifcation is not good for moders..

I only run WON on linux... I have both hlds's setup on my computer too for plugin writtnig and testing purposes.. I think its like bail said it Vavle can pull there act togather steam could be great.
Send a message via MSN to MagicShot Send a message via Yahoo to MagicShot
m0gely
Old 04-01-2004 , 01:47  
Reply With Quote #30

I wouldn't say the WON version of HLDS isn't supported, because it is. VAC updates (when they occur) are still sent to WON servers as well. Also claiming cheating is horrible in in WON servers is sort of silly as it's no better in Steam because of the lack of VAC/HLG updates. Aside from AC updates, Valve released a patch not too long ago (3/4.1.1.1e) to address an exploit, so they still 'support' it.

You need to stick by the numbers. How many WON vs. Steam servers are out there and is that worth supporting? Well:

http://ns30248.ovh.net/~djodjo/hl_graph/

You will see that while Steam is on an incline, WON isn't losing ground very quickly either. It's pretty clear that there are ~8 times more steam servers out there, but hardly an amount of players to cover that. It's also interesting to note that there are WAY more WON players-per-server that Steam players-per-server even though there are twice as many people playing on Steam. I see no reason not to support WON until it's gone, unless it really puts a cramp on the dev. I run a 1.5 server still along with a 1.6 server and my 1.5 see more players. I have no intention of moving it to 1.6 until I am forced to.