Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Any Language Translators Willing to Translate?

Post New Thread Reply   

[RED-Designs]
Old 03-24-2004 , 08:42   Re: Any Language Translators Willing to Translate?
Reply With Quote #11

I'll try to get a swedish version if I can get my few swedish friends to make sure I dont screw it up XD;
would seriously disturb the relations of some
of the former inhabitants." - Charles Darwin
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
xeroblood
BANNED
Old 03-24-2004 , 08:53  
Reply With Quote #12

That would be great!! I hope it works out!! Thx for even attempting this for me!!!

I originally was gonna use Google Translation Tools or something, but I find those translators to be rather weak (or so I've been told).. they don't really check for Grammar and they don't translate for Russian or Swedish either

I'm just a lil' curious here, but does Swedish and/or Russian use any special characters that differ from the English alphabet? and will that create a problem for me?
Send a message via MSN to xeroblood
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-24-2004 , 09:06  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroblood
That would be great!! I hope it works out!! Thx for even attempting this for me!!!

I originally was gonna use Google Translation Tools or something, but I find those translators to be rather weak (or so I've been told).. they don't really check for Grammar and they don't translate for Russian or Swedish either

I'm just a lil' curious here, but does Swedish and/or Russian use any special characters that differ from the English alphabet? and will that create a problem for me?
Well, the way you worded the stuff in the language file is proving to be very trouble some to translate.. We may reword the lines if you dont mind. Also yes swedish uses special characters.

For instance: **** off! - dra åt helvete!

Edit: Well, my friend tried and isnt up to pushing her mind right now. So sorry :\

I would do it myself but you'll end up with crappy grammar or wrong versions of words being used.
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
xeroblood
BANNED
Old 03-24-2004 , 09:40  
Reply With Quote #14

Thx for trying at least!!! I don't mind if the sentence structure gets reworded.. whatever sounds best for the language/translator is fine by me (I wouldn't know anyway!) but as long as it is appropriate language for most servers ;)

Also, the special characters used, do you know if they're all supported by ASCII or not?? cuz if not, I may have trouble with them..

Thx Again!
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-24-2004 , 09:42  
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroblood
Thx for trying at least!!! I don't mind if the sentence structure gets reworded.. whatever sounds best for the language/translator is fine by me (I wouldn't know anyway!) but as long as it is appropriate language for most servers ;)

Also, the special characters used, do you know if they're all supported by ASCII or not?? cuz if not, I may have trouble with them..

Thx Again!
All I know is I have to access them threw ALT + NUM codes.
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2004 , 09:52  
Reply With Quote #16

No use translating to Swedish. HL can't handle åäö/ÅÄÖ. They can be written as aa, ae and oe, but thats like mixing pink with yellow: it just doesn't look right - some people will even get angry and throw pointy stuff at you for doing it.
xeroblood
BANNED
Old 03-24-2004 , 09:54  
Reply With Quote #17

oh... ok!! Thx JGHG!! How about Russian?
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-24-2004 , 09:54  
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny got his gun
No use translating to Swedish. HL can't handle åäö/ÅÄÖ. They can be written as aa, ae and oe, but thats like mixing pink with yellow: it just doesn't look right - some people will even get angry and throw pointy stuff at you for doing it.
I guessed that, its quite sad. Valve should fix that for the swedish and others. My friend would do it that way but we had enough trouble getting a sentence like "turn swear device on and off" to work.. hehe
xeroblood
BANNED
Old 03-24-2004 , 10:00  
Reply With Quote #19

hrmm.. ok.. ima reconsider Swedish support.. (i don't wanna get hit by that pointy stuff JGHG mentioned )

Sorry Sweden, I tried!!

I'll probably leave it in the file, but without translation.. if anyone feels like tempting their fate, they can edit at their own free will!!!
NiLuJe
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2004 , 10:34  
Reply With Quote #20

In french too, HL can't handle the é/è/à, but it's less annoying, and most of the people still understand well the sentences ;)
Send a message via MSN to NiLuJe