Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

admin chat, a question I can't seem to get answered

Post New Thread Reply   

azure
Old 03-23-2004 , 22:29   admin chat, a question I can't seem to get answered
Reply With Quote #1

Why can't admins see their own tsays and csays? Is there something I am missing in one of the configs or something?

It was the same way with amxmod.

If there is nothing that can be done about, I would like to request that you guys modify the admin chat plugin in the next release so that we can see our tsays etc.
our CS:Source server : 66.150.107.6:27015
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
ibm86
Old 03-23-2004 , 22:41  
Reply With Quote #2

Works fine for me and everyone else
Maybe you could give us more info? Maybe you get some error messages in the console?
Send a message via ICQ to ibm86 Send a message via AIM to ibm86 Send a message via MSN to ibm86 Send a message via Yahoo to ibm86
azure
Old 03-23-2004 , 22:52  
Reply With Quote #3

It works. Its just that the admin who types it cannot see it. Hrmm.. maybe I need to sift through the configs a little more thoroughly.
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
ibm86
Old 03-23-2004 , 22:54  
Reply With Quote #4

well... I can see my own messages just fine. The other admins can see their own messages too. (tsay, csay... etc)
Maybe you could post your config files? and don't forget to mention if you're on windows or linux
Send a message via ICQ to ibm86 Send a message via AIM to ibm86 Send a message via MSN to ibm86 Send a message via Yahoo to ibm86
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-23-2004 , 23:30   Re: admin chat, a question I can't seem to get answered
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure
Why can't admins see their own tsays and csays? Is there something I am missing in one of the configs or something?

It was the same way with amxmod.

If there is nothing that can be done about, I would like to request that you guys modify the admin chat plugin in the next release so that we can see our tsays etc.
This happens if you type it and then exit the console a bit after. If you are quick and do the command then quickly exiting the console you'll see it.
would seriously disturb the relations of some
of the former inhabitants." - Charles Darwin
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
MagicShot
Old 03-23-2004 , 23:57   umm
Reply With Quote #6

Can't You Have t-says & c-says echo in console also?
Send a message via MSN to MagicShot Send a message via Yahoo to MagicShot
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-24-2004 , 01:07   Re: umm
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShot
Can't You Have t-says & c-says echo in console also?
They do, well I have 'developer 1' so I am not sure if 'developer 0' users have it shown.
Send a message via AIM to [RED-Designs] Send a message via MSN to [RED-Designs] Send a message via Yahoo to [RED-Designs]
azure
Old 03-24-2004 , 07:08   Re: admin chat, a question I can't seem to get answered
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:

This happens if you type it and then exit the console a bit after. If you are quick and do the command then quickly exiting the console you'll see it.
Well I did notice that I can see the csays for a split second if I get out of console immediately. I cannot see the tsays no matter how fast I quit the console. The tsays come up twice also.

I guess we can just deal with it. The admins are going to have to just trust that their message is being displayed. We used adminmod for the longest time before moving to amx, and it always showed the messages to the admin as well as the rest of the server. Our admins are used to that and they all complain about not being able to see their own messages.
IRC on Gamesurge @ #NHCS
[RED-Designs]
Old 03-24-2004 , 08:03   Re: admin chat, a question I can't seem to get answered
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by azure
Quote:

Well I did notice that I can see the csays for a split second if I get out of console immediately. I cannot see the tsays no matter how fast I quit the console. The tsays come up twice also.

I guess we can just deal with it. The admins are going to have to just trust that their message is being displayed. We used adminmod for the longest time before moving to amx, and it always showed the messages to the admin as well as the rest of the server. Our admins are used to that and they all complain about not being able to see their own messages.
I assure you it will display to the users not in console aslong as there does isnt a bug from AMXX itself in a later version.
NiLuJe
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2004 , 08:24  
Reply With Quote #10

To draw the console, cs do a sort au "hud_draw 0", it resets all the hud, and the tsays & co ARE part of the HUD, so they'll be "invisible" for all the ppl who drawed their console...

For my server, i made a commandmenu for my admins, so they can type tsay without the console, and they see their msgs ;)
Send a message via MSN to NiLuJe