3% 

Free ammo

Post New Thread Reply   

Morpheus759
BANNED
Old 02-08-2007 , 10:06   Re: Free ammo
Reply With Quote #11

J have questions:
free ammo is for all players or for only admins???
asstolavista
Old 02-08-2007 , 16:45   Re: Free ammo
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEN View Post
Hints: find_ent_by_owner, string is empty if !string[0], string[0] = 0 or string[0] = '^0' to empty string.
Thanks.

Quote:
You should understand that command execution or menu keypress doesn't necessarily mean that buying will be performed. Therefore your plugin is incompatible with the AMX Mod X Restrict Weapons Plugin, plus, there is an issue with overriding old-style buy menu by other AMX Mod X registered menu.

As for your second idea i'd register FM_MessageBegin (see fakemeta.inc and fakemeta_const.inc).
Ok, I'll test it. I'll have a busy weekend, perhaps monday I'll update.

Quote:
Also there is a simple method of WeapPickup/Money messages gametime check, though the second way would be more accurate.
That sounds fishy... Is there the minimal chance that a message might be issued between weappickup and money when buying weapons? Perhaps only if metamod/amxx plugins do it. Is there any that does such thing?

PS: Thank you for your feedback.
asstolavista
Old 02-08-2007 , 17:17   Re: Free ammo
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus759 View Post
J have questions:
free ammo is for all players or for only admins???
Free ammo is for all players, when they spawn (fills pistol backpack ammo; in fact, any weapons they start with), when they buy a weapon (fills backpack ammo for that weapon) and when round starts (fills backpack ammo for all the weapons they are carrying). Only bullet weapons have free ammo, not grenades.

It's supposed to immitate Counter-Strike Source in that aspect. I use it with these plugins:

Allow round finish
- I had to change the set_task to 1 second before timeleft (from 15) and add that same set_task to server_changelevel()

Back Weapons
- Turret is up instead of down
- M4A1 always has silencer (it really sticks out)

CSS Zoom
- I customized the timings (faster, and also animate on zoom out); also changed quite a bit, don't remember why (bugs perhaps)
- Choppy, it actually zooms in first and then animates (I tried with register_message/return plugin_handled, but then the crosshair is not set)

Flashbang Dynamic Light
- I customized how fast it decays (range is customizable with a cvar)

NoSil
- It doesn't affect dropped weapons
- It would be interesting to merge with backweapons

Real Nade Drops
- It just works, I use this instead of CSNadeDrops just because it's more recent, I didn't even try the other one
- I set it with cvars to only drop on death

It's like an all-in-one CSS transformation pack, but I missed the free ammo feature, so I'm doing it.

Last edited by asstolavista; 02-08-2007 at 17:29.
asstolavista
Old 02-08-2007 , 20:23   Re: Free ammo
Reply With Quote #14

Ok, I did it by relating WeapPickup and Money events and got rid of set_task. Hope this is it.
HAARP
Old 06-01-2007 , 09:01   Re: Free ammo
Reply With Quote #15

Is it possible to only reload the gun on roundstart? Or maybe refresh the clip in the gun..
asstolavista
Old 06-09-2007 , 20:36   Re: Free ammo
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAARP View Post
Is it possible to only reload the gun on roundstart? Or maybe refresh the clip in the gun..
Yes, it's possible, but I don't get it. Only roundstart? Not on buy weapon or spawn (for pistol)? Remember that these two can happen after roundstart.

Anyway, just grab the source code (the .sma) and prepend lines 180 through 189 except 183 with "//" (two slashes) on each line. If you don't know how to compile yourself, use the site's compiler here. I didn't test this, but it should work. I'm not changing the plugin because I intend it to immitate CS:S.
Mikolas
Old 04-09-2008 , 14:56   Re: Free ammo
Reply With Quote #17

Hey great plugin, for the most part it seems to run smoothly.

I was wondering though, if this can be a cause of server crashing in certain maps, particularly those in which the gun is handed to you (no buying) and given a set amount of ammo. The reason why I am asking this, is that my server has this strange tendency to crash in scoutzknivez, noticeably after I installed this plugin. Any possibilities of this being the case for those crashes, and if something can be done about it? I wish to be able to disable this plugin for those specific maps if its causing the crashes.
Mark Donnie
Old 04-11-2008 , 06:41   Re: Free ammo
Reply With Quote #18

Sound Good, but...bug?
BloodMan
Old 04-12-2008 , 09:58   Re: Free ammo
Reply With Quote #19

Can you make it only for Admins ?
Old 05-22-2008 , 13:26   Re: Free ammo
Reply With Quote #20

Hi.

First of all, I'm glad you find the mod cool. That's why I made it in the first place

Second, I must say I'm away from the CS scene for a couple of years now... I don't have time to spend nowadays. Since the plugin is very simple, perhaps you can ask someone to get rid of the bugs or do it yourself. I cannot do it at the time, sorry. Not that I don't want to.

BTW, I must ask who reads this thread, do you use it mostly to immitate CS:S or for other purposes (and what)? I'd really like to know. I did the plugin to immitate the CS:S in the first place, it gives a "more fun" dynamic, since you don't have to care about what you buy at round start.