Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS:GO failed to join session workaround

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
musosoft
Old 06-30-2014 , 03:59   CS:GO failed to join session workaround
Reply With Quote #1

Sometimes when connection to steam servers is lost, it's needed to reset session, which seems to be possible by disconnecting all players. Until this is done, players will get "Failed to join session" error while connecting. Would be awesome if someone know better way to get rind of this. What I've heard it's possible to check connection with steam servers with SteamWorks extension, and then when connection problem is detected, force players to reconnect (like this), so session will be renewed. I know this is ugly workaround, but as Valve wasn't able to fix this mandatory bug for a long time, this remains on us. If you know about better solution, feel free to share info with us. Someone with good scripting experience would then make this thing real. Will do my best with testing, debugging (can also donate this). Thanks everyone involved in helping with this issue, this will appreciate everyone from CS:GO custom servers community.

Last edited by musosoft; 06-30-2014 at 04:02.