Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

HL2/CS: Source E3 Footage

Post New Thread Reply   

IceMouse[WrG]
Old 05-12-2004 , 19:50   HL2/CS: Source E3 Footage
Reply With Quote #1

New footage from E3 is out showcasing some nice effects(Using the manipuilator to throw a sawblade at a zombie, for one, lighting them on fire... Using manipulator on a paint can and seeing it splatter paint on the wall... Using a rocket on a zombie a million miles away and seeing it's body get thrown across the screen... The vehicles... A strider fight...)

Also, I know some of you are looking forward to this, they have footage of CS: Source(The Source-engine port of CS, not CS2)... They show a standard fight on Aztec... And it looks AMAZING... One of the biggest parts are the amazing animations and water splashing when it's shot(You need to see it to get the full effect)

http://darklightning.mine.nu/itons/f...mo%20movie.rar

http://www.jaxx.sferahost.com/Fichie...demo_movie.avi
Right click and save...
Send a message via AIM to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via MSN to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via Yahoo to IceMouse[WrG]
|2ob
Old 05-12-2004 , 19:58  
Reply With Quote #2

i just saw it, not from your link tho...

*drool* thank god Valve is updating 1.6 and CZ to those graphics
Quote:
This is not Counter-Strike 2, just Counter-Strike with HL2 source.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMouse[WrG
]... They show a standard fight on Aztec... And it looks AMAZING... One of the biggest parts are the amazing animations and water splashing when it's shot(You need to see it to get the full effect)
Dude, that was awesome!

my jaw droped LOL, i can't wait till August (Prolly releasing it then)
64.247.24.125:27015

Visit Vitrus's Clan Site!

I would put more, but they have a limit on chars
Send a message via AIM to |2ob Send a message via MSN to |2ob
IceMouse[WrG]
Old 05-12-2004 , 20:02  
Reply With Quote #3

Well, as in the last one, there wouln't be a Half-Life 2 Multiplayer... But they will be porting all(Or most...) of HL1's mods to Source... Including HL1 and I'm guessing DMC... So CS: Source will probably just be a free multiplayer option
Send a message via AIM to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via MSN to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via Yahoo to IceMouse[WrG]
|2ob
Old 05-12-2004 , 20:04  
Reply With Quote #4

The way those bullets made the splash effect over the ground and water, and how the grenade on A site blew those cans over the side!!! my fav was when the T kills the CT on the bridge and the dead CT body falls off the bridge into the watter WITH a huge splash effect!

I almost fainted from the realism! i see why they waited a year!! IM SO HAPPY!! MWHAHAHAHAHHAHA!! ME WANT IT NOW!!!!
64.247.24.125:27015

Visit Vitrus's Clan Site!

I would put more, but they have a limit on chars
Send a message via AIM to |2ob Send a message via MSN to |2ob
IceMouse[WrG]
Old 05-12-2004 , 20:08  
Reply With Quote #5

I also liked how you are now able to shoot the bride out... Instead of non-intrusive holes in it
Dygear
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-12-2004 , 20:55  
Reply With Quote #6

Only the RAR file is working for me...
Old 05-12-2004 , 21:05  
Reply With Quote #7

Sigh... I'll find a new link
EDIT: Torrent here http://www.eurofiles.net/torrents/Ha...ie.avi.torrent
BAILOPAN
Old 05-13-2004 , 00:54  
Reply With Quote #8

that was on this week's SomethingAwful Comedy Goldmine

ahhh....

oh, back on topic. If Valve produces a nice SDK for HL2 (they say they will, and it will be similar to the first) then I will play with HL2. I have yet to see a game that has an SDK as extensive as Valve's.

Few FPS games have a greater single player experience as HL1 and from the demos it is apparent HL2 will still have that quality. I don't think I like the CS version for HL2 as what I like about CS is that the graphics are nice and simple, so it runs anywhere and it's simple to get around (not much detail), drawing more focus to tactics and weapons rather than evironment.

Also, I hate the name "Source". It clashes with the term "source code" in so many ways it's not funny.
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2004 , 01:43  
Reply With Quote #9

Lmao Bail.
Send a message via MSN to Peli
IceMouse[WrG]
Old 05-13-2004 , 07:26  
Reply With Quote #10

To be honest that name annoys me as well