Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved Precise calculation between 2 dates and times in UnixTimestamp

Post New Thread Reply   

Natsheh
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2021 , 02:14   Re: Precise calculation between 2 dates and times in UnixTimestamp
Reply With Quote #11

Bugsy the format you made it converts only weeks in numbers i think he wants to be able also to convert weeks in thier name form.

I can make you a simple stock so it can format any type of time formats but you need to wait until i come back to home.
@VIP System 100% done !

Last edited by Natsheh; 06-24-2021 at 02:19.
Send a message via MSN to Natsheh Send a message via Skype™ to Natsheh
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 06-24-2021 , 09:42   Re: Precise calculation between 2 dates and times in UnixTimestamp
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsheh View Post
Bugsy the format you made it converts only weeks in numbers i think he wants to be able also to convert weeks in thier name form.

I can make you a simple stock so it can format any type of time formats but you need to wait until i come back to home.
I can easily do that too, but I don't think your assumption is true. He is retrieving the weekday name using get_time( "%A" ) and then passing that to CalculateDays(const szDay[]) to get the numerical day-of-week value, he should have instead used "%w", as my code does, as it eliminates the need for his CalculateDays() function.
Code:
%A	Full weekday name *	Thursday
%w	Weekday as a decimal number with Sunday as 0 (0-6)	4
This is why I asked for a verbal explanation as without a specific use-case, we have to make assumptions. He advised to refer to post 3, which is what I based my code off of:

"Thanks for taking the time to respond, the "problem" is that I want this automated function to run on a specific day and time every week, for example every Saturday 12 PM, which is why parse_time doesn't seem to cover this situation."

Code:
public CalculateStrings() {         new Time[15], ToDay[5],  Month[5]
        //%A - Full weekday name *  Thursday
        get_time("%A", Time, charsmax(Time))
        new EventDay = 7 - CalculateDays(Time)
        get_time("%d", ToDay, charsmax(ToDay))         new iFutureDate = str_to_num(ToDay) + EventDay         get_time("%m", Month, charsmax(Month))         new FormatedFutureDate[30]         formatex(FormatedFutureDate, charsmax(FormatedFutureDate), "19:00:00 %i/%i/2021", str_to_num(Month), iFutureDate)         new iFutureDateTime = parse_time( FormatedFutureDate , "%H:%M:%S %m/%d/%Y" );         new iCurrentDateTime = get_systime();         Counter = iFutureDateTime - iCurrentDateTime;         set_task_ex(1.0, "TimeToEvent", TASK_HUD_DROP, .flags = SetTask_Repeat) } convert_seconds( iTotalSeconds , &seconds , &minutes , &hours , &days ) {         days = iTotalSeconds / 86400         hours = ( iTotalSeconds / 3600 ) % 24         minutes = ( iTotalSeconds / 60 ) % 60         seconds = iTotalSeconds % 60 } CalculateDays(const szDay[]) {         new Count = 0         enum _:ItemData         {                 szDays[10],                 iCount         }         new const g_szDays[][ItemData] =         {                 {"Sunday",       1},                 {"Monday",       2},                 {"Tuesday",      3},                 {"Wednesday",    4},                 {"Thursday",     5},                 {"Friday",       6},                 {"Saturday",     7}         }         for(new i; i < sizeof g_szDays; i++)         {
                if(equali(szDay, g_szDays[i][szDays]))
                {
                        Count = g_szDays[i][iCount]
                        break
                }         }
        return Count
}

Last edited by Bugsy; 06-24-2021 at 09:59.
iceeedr
Veteran Member
Old 06-24-2021 , 16:51   Re: Precise calculation between 2 dates and times in UnixTimestamp
Reply With Quote #13

Bugsy correctly understood the need, to be honest I didn't see the option to use %w, which is why I created the stock, thank you very much for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Please stop trying to help. You appear to just be posting random stuff. Wait until you actually understand more about AMX Mod X and how the game works.
https://iceeedr.com.br/
Send a message via Skype™ to iceeedr
buracat
Old 02-17-2024 , 18:16   Re: Precise calculation between 2 dates and times in UnixTimestamp
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
Ok, it's a lot simpler then if I understand correctly. format_time() can do most of the work for you, see http://cplusplus.com/reference/ctime/strftime/

PHP Code:

#include <amxmodx>

enum _:WeekDays
{

wdSunday,

wdMonday,

wdTuesday,

wdWednesday,

wdThursday,

wdFriday,

wdSaturday
}

enum _:TimeStringPos
{

tspDayOfWeek,

tspSpace,

tspHour
}

public 
plugin_init() 
{
    new 
szOutput] , iDayOfWeek iHour;

//1624465533 = Wed Jun 23 2021 12:25:33 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

format_timeszOutput charsmaxszOutput ) , "%w %H" 1624465533 );

szOutputtspSpace ] = EOS;

iDayOfWeek str_to_numszOutputtspDayOfWeek ] );

iHour str_to_numszOutputtspHour ] );

if ( ( 
iDayOfWeek == wdWednesday ) && ( iHour == 12 ) )
    {

server_print"It is Wednesday at 12pm" );
    }

Hi, How did this number come about? -> "1624465533"
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-17-2024 , 18:21   Re: Precise calculation between 2 dates and times in UnixTimestamp
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by buracat View Post
Hi, How did this number come about? -> "1624465533"
That’s just an example Unix/epoch timestamp, I assume you know what they are/how they work. Any date/time post 1/1/1970 can be converted to an integer value, down to the second. This is the type of value that get_systime() returns and what nVault timestamps represent.

https://www.epochconverter.com/

Last edited by Bugsy; 02-17-2024 at 22:45.