Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Some plugins can not read the corresponding cfg file in Linux system

Post New Thread Reply   

bbshai
Old 02-13-2018 , 09:35   Some plugins can not read the corresponding cfg file in Linux system
Reply With Quote #1

Problem description, We used the CentOS 7 x64 system to run an L4D2 server, with Soucemod 1.7.2 + MetaMod: Source 1.106v in game version 2150. Soon we found that some plugins ( especially some extra plugins with no SP file, only the smx file ) were unable to read the corresponding cfg file, they just performed the default data in the SP file no matter what you had written in the cfg file. And even you restarted the server, it didn’t help.
What’s worse, the multiple plugin of the server failed occasionally, such as we had set the maximal players for 12, but after a period of time ( perhaps one day or one week ) it failed and returned to the default -- 4 players.
Otherwise, we could not ban the player matching through the lobby in the game, some players still could join in the server through this way.
hamilton5
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2018 , 10:03   Re: Some plugins can not read the corresponding cfg file in Linux system
Reply With Quote #2

So it sounds like you don't understand linux file permissions.. and/or did not install the whole plugin correctly.. The SP file SHOULD come with the SMX file but is not needed to run - so that part is irrelevant. I am still unclear of the actual problem, as it seems you are facing multiple.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2018 , 10:34   Re: Some plugins can not read the corresponding cfg file in Linux system
Reply With Quote #3

Wait....... SourceMod 1.7.2? Metampd:Source 1.10.6? [ O _ o ]?

Shouldn't you be using the latest versions of those two instead?

Last edited by cravenge; 02-13-2018 at 10:38.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2018 , 10:40   Re: Some plugins can not read the corresponding cfg file in Linux system
Reply With Quote #4

Okay, I've found the solution to your other problem (the first one regarding with .cfg files).

It seems to me that those plugins aren't hooking the convars they create when they are changed. Most likely because said convars aren't used with HookConVarChange or cvar.AddChangeHook.
bbshai
Old 02-13-2018 , 21:46   Re: Some plugins can not read the corresponding cfg file in Linux system
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton5 View Post
So it sounds like you don't understand linux file permissions.. and/or did not install the whole plugin correctly.. The SP file SHOULD come with the SMX file but is not needed to run - so that part is irrelevant. I am still unclear of the actual problem, as it seems you are facing multiple.
I know plug-in source code plug-in is not running, I want to say is that if the problem is in the code level, then I can not modify the code to fix this problem
bbshai
Old 02-13-2018 , 21:50   Re: Some plugins can not read the corresponding cfg file in Linux system
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
Wait....... SourceMod 1.7.2? Metampd:Source 1.10.6? [ O _ o ]?

Shouldn't you be using the latest versions of those two instead?
The earliest is to use the newly built sm and mm, but the problem of not reading the configuration is more serious than the current version
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 02-14-2018 , 03:17   Re: Some plugins can not read the corresponding cfg file in Linux system
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbshai View Post
[...]
I once saw that using ancient versions of SourceMod will cause instability and (complicated, maybe?) problems with plugins that are compiled against the latest one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbshai View Post
[...]
This makes me wonder two things... HOW and WHERE did you get those plugins without their corresponding sources?