Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

sbrblz
Old 06-21-2021 , 02:25   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #531

Hey everyone, I plan on hosting a LAN game with more than 4 players (5-7). I have never tried it before, so hopefully I want to get it right so people don't get bored trying to get it to work and want to play something else. I have ABM from shadowysn, L4D2 Bug Fixes, L4D2 Defib Fix, L4DToolZ, Dhooks. It's been frustrating trying to read old posts all over the place on different plugins. I believe the versions I have installed should be the latest ones from posts buried in threads, they seem to load up in the latest version of Left 4 Dead 2 that was just recently released.

I have also tried a preconfigured superversus pack from another forum. The preconfigured pack has many different mods, such as the passing csm fix, survivor bot select, defib fix, drop secondary, item drop, survivor chat select, survivor identity fix, etc. One major difference is that the superversus pack has all 8 survivors from both games, while using ABM only repeats the same 4 survivors, is there a way to get ABM to show all 8 or is a different plugin required? Does ABM include fixes for the passing, ammo upgrade fix etc? The superversus pack seems to have all sorts of difficulty specs tweaked depending on the number of players, I'm assuming ABM's autohard option simplifies all this?
The forum thread where I got the SV pack seems to state that there seems to be bugs when players 5+ join end up being put in spectator mode and require manually putting on survivor team while spawning as dead etc.

Already have the relevant variables in my listenserver.cfg
sv_maxplayers 8
sv_visiblemaxplayers "-1"
sv_force_unreserved "1"
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only "0"
sv_lan "1"

I also have an 8 player lobby mod installed from the workshop, although I understand extra players can manually join using the connect ip command or serverbrowser (not sure if lan game will show up in lan tab correctly).

Hopefully you guys can shed some light on which of the main plugins is preferred and if I need anything else.
Thanks in advance for your help.
canadianjeff
BANNED
Old 06-22-2021 , 07:37   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #532

I am almost ready to dump ABM in favor of something else when im playing a coop server ABM will offer to take over infected so people can take over tanks and jockeys..... on a coop mode shake my head
Shadowysn
Old 06-22-2021 , 09:49   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #533

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianjeff View Post
I am almost ready to dump ABM in favor of something else when im playing a coop server ABM will offer to take over infected so people can take over tanks and jockeys..... on a coop mode shake my head
Did you check the abm_offertakeover cvar?
0: Off 1: Survivors 2: Infected 3: All

Also, you should replace the gamedata and the plugin from the original post with mine.

I cry everytime someone has problems with abandoned version of OP's plugin. Updating a dead plugin still does not help people that don't scroll down.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 06-22-2021 at 09:59.
Shadowysn
Old 06-22-2021 , 10:20   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #534

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrblz View Post
Hopefully you guys can shed some light on which of the main plugins is preferred and if I need anything else.
Thanks in advance for your help.
I'm not the best person to ask for help, honestly.
I'm a bit too lazy/unknowledgeable to recommend, and I don't keep good tabs on the plugins I use...

But I'm willing enough to give you the dump of my Sourcemod.
This pack of plugins works well enough for my server.
Includes the sourcemod and cfg directories, and a sourcemod/scripting folder where all my messy plugin-making history is stored. On second thought you may not be willing to dig into my mess.

I am really sorry for the outside MEGA link, but I'm not gonna re-upload the .7z file twice.
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2021 , 12:09   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #535

Why insist on using ABM if you can use Multislots for Coop??

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=249

Last edited by Mi.Cura; 06-22-2021 at 12:11.
Shadowysn
Old 06-22-2021 , 12:32   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi.Cura View Post

For me, it's personal preference, and history.

Multislots, SuperVersus and such didn't work for me in my early days of using server plugins.
Then ABM was the only one that worked, and so I stuck with it.

Plus it looks like CanadianJeff was using the OP's gamedata (and presumably plugin) which is already outdated and non-functional at this point.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 06-22-2021 at 12:47.
kooper990
Old 06-22-2021 , 12:43   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #537

How do I obtain a model ID?
Mi.Cura
Veteran Member
Old 06-22-2021 , 12:56   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #538

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
For me, it's personal preference, and history.

Multislots, SuperVersus and such didn't work for me in my early days of using server plugins.
Then ABM was the only one that worked, and so I stuck with it.

Plus it looks like CanadianJeff was using the OP's gamedata (and presumably plugin) which is already outdated and non-functional at this point.
Which doesn't exactly work.
Multislots has been fully updated.
Shadowysn
Old 06-22-2021 , 14:33   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #539

Quote:
Which doesn't exactly work.
Multislots has been fully updated.
Huh, it’s a 404 not found for me.
(although I am on my IPad writing this, that’s the cause.)
But regardless, I usually need pushes from someone else to try out those things.
And if those things gave a bad taste in the past, I usually don’t return to that. And it’s harder to push too.
although there are exceptions

So I’m a bit stubborn. Helps with the determination, but sucks in acceptance.

Last edited by Shadowysn; 06-22-2021 at 14:54.
sbrblz
Old 06-22-2021 , 21:50   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)
Reply With Quote #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowysn View Post
I'm not the best person to ask for help, honestly.
I'm a bit too lazy/unknowledgeable to recommend, and I don't keep good tabs on the plugins I use...

But I'm willing enough to give you the dump of my Sourcemod.
This pack of plugins works well enough for my server.
Includes the sourcemod and cfg directories, and a sourcemod/scripting folder where all my messy plugin-making history is stored. On second thought you may not be willing to dig into my mess.

I am really sorry for the outside MEGA link, but I'm not gonna re-upload the .7z file twice.
Hey, thanks for taking the time I'll check it out.

Quote:
I guess I'll have to take a look at multislots as well. It looks like multislots automatically handles creating and delete bots when players join and leave a game. ABM allows manual bot creation and deletion. Does superversus also have this option?
Does multislots allow the use of all 8 survivor models or just the same 4 repeated?

It would have been nice if Valve could have just added an 8 player coop mutation or something....