Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SuperLogs: TF2 2.0.26 (updated 2011-01-22)

Post New Thread Reply   

Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-23-2015 , 19:58   Re: SuperLogs: TF2 2.0.26 (updated 2011-01-22)
Reply With Quote #151

It gave me several warnings but still compiled.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (superlogs-tf2.sp - 147 views - 48.8 KB)
File Type: smx superlogs-tf2.smx (31.8 KB, 168 views)
scso1502
Old 07-03-2015 , 02:25   Re: SuperLogs: TF2 2.0.26 (updated 2011-01-22)
Reply With Quote #152

Horse, this worked like a champ to get my HLSW back up and running and showing the SteamIDs of players. Thanks so much for the help bro! You da man!

Lt. Maverick
BOOM! Gaming & Technology Community
www.boomgaming.net
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-03-2015 , 10:26   Re: SuperLogs: TF2 2.0.26 (updated 2011-01-22)
Reply With Quote #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
Horse, this worked like a champ to get my HLSW back up and running and showing the SteamIDs of players. Thanks so much for the help bro! You da man!
Glad to help... as I said it will throw some errors in the logs so I wish someone or the author would take the time and repair the plugin as it really is helpful for sure.
dildoughy
Old 02-21-2016 , 17:28   Re: SuperLogs: TF2 2.0.26 (updated 2011-01-22)
Reply With Quote #154

Hi, I rent both a CS:GO and TF2 server from NFO; they provide external HLStatsX:CE storage space on a separate server from my game or site server. I have FTP access.

I've downloaded the Generic version to use with CS:GO, but my questions are similar.

1. I use Psychostats and HLStatsX:CE both on my TF2 server.
- where do I install the .smx (on the external stats servers, or on my game server's plugins folder?)
- where do I put the cvars...in my server.cfg? autoexec.cfg? I have no clue where to put these.
2. I only use HLStatsX:CE on my CS:GO server.
- I know this isn't the right topic for CS:GO but if anyone has answers to the above questions for this game, I'd appreciate it a lot.
scso1502
Old 02-21-2016 , 19:00   Re: SuperLogs: TF2 2.0.26 (updated 2011-01-22)
Reply With Quote #155

.smx files are the server-side plugin files. Place .smx files in the \addons\sourcemod\plugins folder so they load when the server starts.

The cvars can go in \cfg\server.cfg, \cfg\autoexec.cfg or the \cfg\sourcemod\sourcemod.cfg. I put all SourceMod plugin cvars in my sourcemod.cfg so I can keep track of them easily.

Good luck.

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 02-21-2016 at 19:18.
dildoughy
Old 02-22-2016 , 16:36   Re: SuperLogs: TF2 2.0.26 (updated 2011-01-22)
Reply With Quote #156

Thank you for the reply. I've installed a lot of Sourcemod plugins before, my specific question here is that unlike every other plugin we've used, the HLStatsX:CE and Psychostats info is tracked on a THIRD, remote, separate server which I have FTP access to.

So for each of my servers, I have: the game server (where the .smxs usually go), the site server (where stuff like Sourcebans frontpage, FastDL mirrors, etc., go), and now with stats enabled they are stored on an entirely separate machine.

So I have: put a copy of everything where it needs to go on MY game server...also put a copy of the .smx file in the stats server's appropriate folder just in case...added cvars as you suggested to a couple of files for redundancy, restarted the backend daemons, restarted the servers...

So how do I actually...start...logging the extra info?

All the other logging is going fine. I can see it updating in real time.

Thanks again!
dildoughy
Old 02-22-2016 , 16:37   Re: SuperLogs: TF2 2.0.26 (updated 2011-01-22)
Reply With Quote #157

Also trying to find out where to download the heatmaps packs for HLX since all the websites are down now...am I trying to do something no longer possible to do? Haha
scso1502
Old 03-04-2016 , 13:29   Re: SuperLogs: TF2 2.0.26 (updated 2011-01-22)
Reply With Quote #158

In order to help answer your question, I thought I'd briefly explain how the whole stats thing works.

Valve game servers automatically generate "basic" realtime logs of events occurring in the server. Those logs are stored in the logs folder on the game server itself. Plugins such as hlstats and psychostats have been written to extract or "parse" the information from those log files so the info can be used to display the extracted information on a cool website for people to see in a graphical, easy-to-read format. Other plugins like this Superlogs plugin can be installed on the game server to collect enhanced event info beond what the basic game server logs collect so that sites capable of using the additional info can display other types of event information as well.

Here are the 3 components needed for this to operate:

1. A Game server logging the stats with a plugin installed for sending those logs out to a database
2. A database server where the logs details are collected and stored in a database
3. A Webserver running a stats website (HLstatsX, Psychostats, gameME, etc) to display the stats for users to see

The entirely separate machine you are referring is probably the database server. There is no need to place SourceMod plugins (.smx files) on that machine. The stats plugins have run on the game server and have the sole purpose of sending the logs being generated by the server out to the database server where that info is sent place into tables and stored. When someone access the stats system's website, the website generates the user's page by reading the info to be displayed from the database server where it used to build and display the webpage to be viewed.

So to this end, consider the below:

Quote:
put a copy of the .smx file in the stats server's appropriate folder just in case
You can delete these as you can now see it's unnecessary.

Quote:
added cvars as you suggested to a couple of files for redundancy
I recommend you place cvars in only one place on your game server(s). It's unnecessary to have them in more than one place and if you need to change them, you may forget you have them in more than one place and things won't work as you plan.

Quote:
So how do I actually...start...logging the extra info
If the optional logging plugin and associated files, in this case the Superlogs smx file, are installed per the instructions on the first page of this thread, and they working correctly, then the logging is already happening and there is nothing more that you need to do there. All the log info should be stored in the servers log files and will be sent to the database location you designated it to go to with all the other info being collected already. if your stats system is designed to use and display the additional log info, it will.

I hope this helps.

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 03-04-2016 at 14:08.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-04-2016 , 14:00   Re: SuperLogs: TF2 2.0.26 (updated 2011-01-22)
Reply With Quote #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by scso1502 View Post
The stats plugins have run on the game server and have the sole purpose of sending the logs being generated by the server out to the database server where that info is sent place into tables and stored.
That's not quite how it works.

Source games support remote logging. In fact, HLStatsX uses this... see Step 7 in the HLStatsX setup.

This plugin exists solely to add new things to the logs that wouldn't otherwise exist.
Old 03-04-2016 , 14:20   Re: SuperLogs: TF2 2.0.26 (updated 2011-01-22)
Reply With Quote #160

Heatmap generation is cool but it takes enormous amounts of processor power to compile and build the maps. For this reason, the concept never really got widely used.

On a side note, the HlstatsX system was unapproved by the Allied Modders staff because it is available for commercial rental under the title "gameME" (www.gameme.com)and is no longer supported here. I've been using gameME for years and for me it was a no-brainer. $5.00/mo. for your first server, a dollar/mo. for each additional server, full support included and zero work to maintain it. It's a God-send for busy people who have the little money it costs and value their time.

Have a great day.

Lt. Maverick
www.boomgaming.net

Last edited by scso1502; 03-04-2016 at 14:27.