Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)

Post New Thread Reply   

AbraCadabra
Old 04-09-2019 , 09:04   Re: [CS:GO] fire bullet fix (hit registration fix plugin)
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xutax_Kamay View Post
Anyone mind testing the build I've done for windows? Since my slow internet connection can't download a 5gb dedicated server.. Thanks. (Sadly you can't load plugins anymore through listen servers even with -insecure)
i can do it
Ilusion9
Veteran Member
Old 04-09-2019 , 09:09   Re: [CS:GO] fire bullet fix (hit registration fix plugin)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
I already mailed them about this years ago, but they never paid attention I think. There is even a pullrequest, so yeah, maybe they think the fix is not worth it, I really don't know

Oh really? That's odd... Maybe I got misunderstood, did you try to use sourcemod with a csgo dedicated server or csgo client (graphical stuff where you play on) ?
Cause it never worked on the csgo client for me, on CSS and in older versions of CSGO you could just load plugins with insecure parameter, but that's not really anymore the case for me, so I'm wondering why it does work for you, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
yeah, i'm running plugins with -insecure on the local server from the csgo client.

Last edited by Ilusion9; 04-09-2019 at 09:09.
Xutax_Kamay
Old 04-09-2019 , 16:33   Re: [CS:GO] fire bullet fix (hit registration fix plugin)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilusion9 View Post
yeah, i'm running plugins with -insecure on the local server from the csgo client.
S̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶,̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶a̶d̶?̶ ̶(̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶y̶t̶e̶p̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶g̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶h̶,̶ ̶n̶o̶)̶

EDIT: it actually works on windows, but not on linux.

I got a lot of problems hooking the firebullets functions on csgo. The calling convention is uh.. Well, it's right but the windows arguments are totally not the same as linux, so to make it portable and the easiest possible, I need to find a new way (wich I already did) but needs testing. The idea is to hook WeaponShootPosition vtable from player class. It should work pretty good. (so it can be done under sourcemod, I'll give a try)

Last edited by Xutax_Kamay; 04-10-2019 at 00:02.
hambooga
Old 04-10-2019 , 00:28   Re: [CS:GO] fire bullet fix (hit registration fix plugin)
Reply With Quote #14

I compiled using visual studio 2019 and installed the plugin on a CS:GO 10man/pug server that I'm an admin on and it'd crash the server whenever someone/a bot would shoot. I tried to load the plugin using console and it said failed to load plugin, blah blah something to do with not being able to call API or w/e. The crashing started after I restarted the server.
I'm looking forward to using this plugin a ton especially since I've been receiving a lot of complaints about people's bullets on things such as vents and vice versa show up but have no affect on them.

Last edited by hambooga; 04-10-2019 at 00:35.
Xutax_Kamay
Old 04-10-2019 , 01:02   Re: [CS:GO] fire bullet fix (hit registration fix plugin)
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambooga View Post
I compiled using visual studio 2019 and installed the plugin on a CS:GO 10man/pug server that I'm an admin on and it'd crash the server whenever someone/a bot would shoot. I tried to load the plugin using console and it said failed to load plugin, blah blah something to do with not being able to call API or w/e. The crashing started after I restarted the server.
I'm looking forward to using this plugin a ton especially since I've been receiving a lot of complaints about people's bullets on things such as vents and vice versa show up but have no affect on them.
It's not working yet on windows, be patient, I'm doing a sourcemod plugin for it now.

Last edited by Xutax_Kamay; 04-10-2019 at 03:56.
sazonische
Old 04-15-2019 , 10:38   Re: [CS:GO] fire bullet fix (hit registration fix plugin)
Reply With Quote #16

line 41
g_hWeapon_ShootPosition = DHookCreate(offset, HookType_Entity, ReturnType_Int, ThisPointer_CBaseEntity);
replace
g_hWeapon_ShootPosition = DHookCreate(offset, HookType_Entity, ReturnType_Vector, ThisPointer_CBaseEntity);
Xutax_Kamay
Old 04-16-2019 , 07:30   Re: [CS:GO] fire bullet fix (hit registration fix plugin)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazonische View Post
line 41
g_hWeapon_ShootPosition = DHookCreate(offset, HookType_Entity, ReturnType_Int, ThisPointer_CBaseEntity);
replace
g_hWeapon_ShootPosition = DHookCreate(offset, HookType_Entity, ReturnType_Vector, ThisPointer_CBaseEntity);
You're right, thanks, though it does still crash with Vector, I've changed it to Int by hoping to get an address earlier but yeah, seems like it didn't turn out to work anyway.
I get the return perfectly, it just when I try to set it that it crashes, I just need to debug out the extension when I've time (probably needs recompiling n stuff)

But I'm not refusing any help to make this working

Last edited by Xutax_Kamay; 04-16-2019 at 07:52.
sazonische
Old 04-16-2019 , 15:20   Re: [CS:GO] fire bullet fix (hit registration fix plugin)
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
You're right, thanks, though it does still crash with Vector, I've changed it to Int by hoping to get an address earlier but yeah, seems like it didn't turn out to work anyway.
I get the return perfectly, it just when I try to set it that it crashes, I just need to debug out the extension when I've time (probably needs recompiling n stuff)

But I'm not refusing any help to make this working
No, everything works
Xutax_Kamay
Old 04-16-2019 , 21:13   Re: [CS:GO] fire bullet fix (hit registration fix plugin)
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazonische View Post
No, everything works
That's very odd, because it doesn't for me. What mm/sm version you're using?

By the way, to make it work you need to set MRES_Supercede instead of MRES_Ignored (otherwhise the return value gets simply ignored), if you did that change and it worked, then good for you, otherwhise it's the same behavior I have currently.

After further investigations, the crash seems to appear at on line 749 on vhook.cpp of dhooks extension:

Code:
*vec_result = **(SDKVector **)returnStruct->newResult;
**(SDKVector **) is wrong it should be *(SDKVector *)

because of how is working this native

Code:
cell_t Native_SetReturnVector(IPluginContext *pContext, const cell_t *params)
{
	HookReturnStruct *returnStruct;

if(!GetHandleIfValidOrError(g_HookReturnHandle, (void **)&returnStruct, pContext, params[1]))
	{
		return 0;
	}

cell_t *buffer;
	pContext->LocalToPhysAddr(params[2], &buffer);

if(returnStruct->type == ReturnType_Vector)
	{
		*(SDKVector *)returnStruct->newResult = SDKVector(sp_ctof(buffer[0]), sp_ctof(buffer[1]), sp_ctof(buffer[2]));
		returnStruct->isChanged = true;

return 1;
	}
	else if(returnStruct->type == ReturnType_VectorPtr)
	{
		returnStruct->newResult = new SDKVector(sp_ctof(buffer[0]), sp_ctof(buffer[1]), sp_ctof(buffer[2]));
		returnStruct->isChanged = true;

return 1;
	}

return pContext->ThrowNativeError("Return type is not a vector type");
}
It should work after that change, I'll keep you informed

EDIT:

Yep it works, I'll ask Drifter to make this change, and cleaning up my messy code so I can release it

EDIT2:

Should work now for both linux & windows, keep me informed if it loads correctly for you, thanks.

Last edited by Xutax_Kamay; 04-17-2019 at 03:59.
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-18-2019 , 00:00   Re: [ANY] Hit Registration Fix Plugin (bullet displacement by 1 tick)
Reply With Quote #20

Awesome release! glad you took the time to fix this issue.

Last edited by backwards; 04-18-2019 at 00:00.